Universal Buff Knight - RPG Runner (by Dohyoung Kim)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Guys, can you tell me how this game exactly works? I'm a bit confused. I really can't kill mobs with that lightning strike so I just walk up to them and doing some dmg but I'll get hit too and therefore can't survive that long. Is it intended to be this way? :/

2. kjhovanec

kjhovanec Active Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Hey Nekku! While the lightening can be used to take out enemies individually or in groups, it like your gear and characters starts out weak. You will die in this game, but each death brings new opportunities to purchase new gear and upgrade your character making them stronger each time. That bat that took you out? He'll be a cakewalk after a few turns. Keep on trying and if you need more tips, let me know!

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I got a promo here are some impressions. This game is more involved and challenging than loot hero. It's not as flashy as it is but at least this game isn't as pointless as that game. If you liked loot hero or you thought it was too easy than you should check this one out.
    I did have a problem. Because this game is landscape I felt it was a little difficult to pull off air juggling on my iPad mini because it's too difficult to stretch over to tap on the enemies before they hit the ground. Maybe, a portrait option could solve this? Also, I found some minor problems with the starting instruction screen. It should probably say "movement of character is auto" or "character automatically moves". Also things don't line up that well on the right side on that screen and some of the dialogue box is cut off.

4. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Ah I see. This means it is intended to be this way. Ye, it was the bat. :)
    Thanks!

5. kjhovanec

kjhovanec Active Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Hey coolpepper43,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not actually sure what you mean by pulling off an air juggle. You can pull off the juggle just by pressing the spell button again, right?

Thanks for the text feedback. I think that's a much clearer explanation too. ^^

6. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Your welcome!!! :)
    I can use my magic to use lightening to get them the air which is easy but to tap them to continue attacking them in the air is difficult on an iPad mini and probably worse on a full sized one.

7. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #27 Lazer Kat, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    I think it comes down to the individual, how they hold their device, and what they think is comfortable.

I am using a full sized iPad and haven't had any problems or felt uncomfortable juggling (tapping baddies after they're in the air), and I never thought it felt awkward.

I never noticed any of the text and formatting issues mentioned before either.

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS GAME!

Some feedback:

If you're going to have the 1-2-3 speed levels taking up such a large and prominent portion of the control space, I'd like to see them make more of a difference. Honestly, I can't tell that much of a difference between 1, 2, and 3. Also, I think it would be cool to have a reward system for using the higher speeds.

8. kjhovanec

kjhovanec Active Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Great idea! Yeah, the higher speed should be more rewarding. I'll send that over to the developer.

Buff Knight!!

9. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Ya!!! Good catch lazer kat!! I thought it was already like that because it seemed too obvious.

10. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    How do you get artifacts? I've upgraded my equipment to the max and now just use gold to get better buffs on my equipment. Yet I still have 0/20 artifacts.

11. kjhovanec

kjhovanec Active Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Hey Zaraf,

You can get artifacts by completing the story mode. Each time you complete the story mode, you'll get 1 artifact. After that, you can unlock more through the endless mode, where they often drop randomly.

Hope that helps!

12. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #32 Lazer Kat, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    I intend to write a more detailed review. Until I get the time...I will say this is a solid 9/10.
    This has quickly became one of my favorite releases of the year.
    I'm completely addicted to it, and can't wait to get the endless mode (and some artifacts).

I feel bad for ever comparing it to Loot hero. It is so much more.

13. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    I got one artifact playing the story mode my second time and getting it early during play. I was only about 5 minutes into playing my second run when it dropped. I have no idea if it was tied to a possible achievement or not but I don't think so.

14. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #34 Lazer Kat, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    Are the HP/Mana Potion upgrades consumable?
    In other words, are they only good for one run?

I ask because the price of the Potion upgrades appear to be the only thing in the shop that doesn't get more expensive after each purchase.

EDIT: I answered my own question. I figured out that you are not leveling up your potions, you are actually just buying extra units of them.
    I FINALLY beat the story mode! got my first artifact and unlocked endless mode.

15. kjhovanec

kjhovanec Active Member

Sep 24, 2014
    So great to hear everyone talking about Buff Knight. We are working on a series of tip videos to highlight some of the more obscure or difficult sections of the game so as soon as they're finished, I'll post them here!

16. kjhovanec

kjhovanec Active Member

Sep 24, 2014
    #36 kjhovanec, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    Hello everyone! We have lots of exciting news related to Buff Knight!

The Lite Version of Buff Knight launches tomorrow for both iTunes App Store and Google Play Store. We hope that by offering a lite version will allow even more people to experience and enjoy Buff Knight!

To celebrate, we're hosting a caption contest and choosing the funniest, cleverest, buffest captions. Winners will receive $10 iTunes giftcards or the Steam keys for the following games:

VVVV, Deadlight, Just Cause 2 and Orcs Must Die 2 and Thomas was Alone

Contest ends October 22, rules and details are in the blog.

All of this success we all owe to you, we are always grateful to everyone who downloads and plays Buff Knight. Thank you!

17. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Is there a thread for this contest?
    If not, can you please explain a little more?
    Where are the photos we are suppose to caption?

18. kjhovanec

kjhovanec Active Member

Sep 24, 2014
    #39 kjhovanec, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  19. JARVIS42

JARVIS42 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Hey, kjhovanec!
    Kudos to the devs for this great game. Really like it. Also, I would really appreciate it if you could answer some of the questions about the game.

(1) Regarding artifacts, I've gotten 16/20. 6 through Story. And the other 10 on Endless.
    It seems that the first 10 artifacts can only be obtained on Story Mode. I noticed that after the 4th or 5th time that I finished Story Mode, I no longer get an artifact after beating it. I got 4 through defeating the dragon and the other 2 by just defeating random monster on Story Mode. Is it really supposed to work like that? If so, the drop rate really sucks since I've been playing for hours and have not seen any new artifact on Story Mode. Another question about artifacts obtained through Endless. What is the maximum level for those artifacts. The highest level I have so far is 5.

(2) Any tips on how to survive longer on Endless Mode?

Thanks in advance!