Buddy Toss, a cube art ragdoll flicking target game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iamthehunta, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamthehunta

iamthehunta Active Member

Mar 13, 2014
    #1 iamthehunta, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    Hey there! New to posting on Touch Arcade, just a two developer team that are about to launch our new iOS game called Buddy Toss. It is a cube art ragdoll flicking target game. We really enjoy playing it and who doesn't like funny ragdoll physics right! Curious what everyone thought of the game because we are about to launch in the next few weeks.

I am excited to announce we are going to be on the App Store world wide on September 10th!

Features:
    - 3 game levels (Wind, TNT, Buddy Pong)
    - 51 winnable characters
    - 32 winnable accessories
    - Hundreds of configurations
    - Realistic physics engine
    - Game Center Achievements
    - Game Center Leaderboards
    - Random acts of gifts!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So that is Buddy Toss. I hope we hear some feedback, we would love to post some more gameplay videos for everyone on this thread :).

2. iamthehunta

Mar 13, 2014
  3. iamthehunta

Mar 13, 2014
    Here is a new Screenshot I took of our Evil Emperor Buddy all decked out with props that fit him well.

Attached Files:

4. iamthehunta

Mar 13, 2014
    Just got App Store Approval - GamePlay Insight

We used Unity 3D for development and started Buddy Toss back in February 2015 and I am really happy to announce that we just received approval from the app store a few hours ago! So excited! :D

Wanted to talk a bit more about the gameplay, the Wind Level is similar to Paper Toss with the wind interacting with your buddy and the point is to rack up as many points as you can when flicking your buddy toward the target, the more bullseyes in a row multiply your points and those points turn into credits. Those credits are used to unlock the other two modes (TNT and Buddy Pong). We provide free random gifts with the exchange of 100 credits to win new characters and props to dress up your buddy.

Props will explode off your buddy on high impact or collision which is really fun to watch. TNT mode you have to be accurate with your toss toward the target because if you hit the TNT you are going for a ride and more than likely will get launched off the platform. Each successful point adds a new barrel of TNT to the platform.

My favorite mode is Buddy Pong which is a play on the popular drinking game beruit or "beer pong". Buddy Toss is a kids game so we used water in the cup :p. We spent a lot of time optimizing the flick to make it feel like you are completely in control of the flick of your buddy's distance and direction. Buddy Pong is a time trial based game sink all 10 cups as fast as you can.

5. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Good luck, hope you guys will be featured by apple :)

6. iamthehunta

Mar 13, 2014
    Thanks freakernet! Me too! Myself and the other developer on the team have so many great ideas for other games we want to produce and if we were able to get featured by Apple we would be able to produce them much quicker. I'll post a video of the game modes later today...Everyplay makes that so convienent :).

7. iamthehunta

Mar 13, 2014
    As promised here is a gameplay video sped up to 2X to show you an entire round of Buddy Pong...enjoy! Character used was Psycho Buddy with Tiger feet and Patriot Shield for accessories.

Next video I will post will be me trying to get to level 12 in TNT mode, it may take me a few tries because its tough with that many TNT barrels on the platform to avoid :).

8. iamthehunta

Mar 13, 2014
    Posting a video of the TNT Level in Buddy Toss...I know I said I would make it to level 12, but only got to level 11 when I nailed a TNT barrel and it sent me flying. I did get two bullseyes in a row though! I will see if I can triple bullseye in the Wind Level next:).

9. iamthehunta

Mar 13, 2014
    #9 iamthehunta, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    [PROMO CODES] Buddy Toss, a cube art ragdoll flicking target game

If you would like to get a sneak peak of Buddy Toss here are some promo codes:

KXFAHY9EHX47
    NLNK3E3YFFLX
    R3MPTKJLTJ9F
    7J6LWXAJM3AX
    FH7L934T3PMF
    ENMY3XMMAMH3
    FXP3E6X6KTJN
    ELA97YLLXJYF
    KF973WPF4ME7
    6TTHXPYJ99P4

=============================

9FFKFLYRKKF7
    MPLXJJXNAMAY
    T7H7K4YAN97A
    YYKLWRJFP9LK
    4LL69XK4NAJR
    J9KLLY3T6MKP
    NWP9NHYMFMA9
    66W4T4KFMXA7
    KRX3EKJM6FJF
    TALYNJHWAMKH

Please be sure to reply with the code that you used for others :)

10. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Redeemed ENMY3XMMAMH3. Thank you.

Looks like a fun game and interested to see if you have managed to deal with the lack of longevity for a game like this.

Will report back when I get a chance to fire it up :)

11. dudewelcome

dudewelcome Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    I grabbed KF973WPF4ME7

Lookin' forward to givin' it a spin!

12. GameBoy8775

GameBoy8775 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Snagged 7J6LWXAJM3AX

Can't wait to test this gem out.

13. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Took 6TTHXPYJ99P4

Thank you!

14. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Got NLNK3E3YFFLX

Beer Pong all the way!!

15. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Just played it for a bit, and it could be me though, but the platform seems a bit far away? I swipe from bottom to top of the screen pretty fast, and I havent landed behind the black center so far? :p

Attached Files:

16. iamthehunta

Mar 13, 2014
    Hi fabianb thanks for playing Buddy Toss. I wish I could give you a code for you to give the buddy pong mode a try it is really fun. It doesn't take too long to get enough points to unlock. What device are you using? The quicker the flick the longer the toss, I designed it for both quick flickers and long drag flickers if that makes sense lol. I bet you will get the hang of it, I have been able to send him of the back of the platform using a dreadfully slow iPad mini. It is really great to get an image from someone else playing Buddy Toss :)!

17. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Got 51 points now! No idea if thats any high in your viewpoint :p. Although I still kind of have the feel you can only swipe too slow to fail, but swiping too hard seems very rare and difficult. I hope you understand my non-native English description! I'm playing on a 5s by the way.

Cant wait to try the beer Pong game!

18. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Well thank you!
    I took ELA97YLLXJYF

19. iamthehunta

Mar 13, 2014
    Adding 10 more promo codes here and at the front of the thread :)

9FFKFLYRKKF7
    MPLXJJXNAMAY
    T7H7K4YAN97A
    YYKLWRJFP9LK
    4LL69XK4NAJR
    J9KLLY3T6MKP
    NWP9NHYMFMA9
    66W4T4KFMXA7
    KRX3EKJM6FJF
    TALYNJHWAMKH