iPad Buckingham Palace: Hidden Mysteries + Lite $0.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by tangerine, Apr 13, 2009.

1. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Big Fish Games has done it again with Buckingham Palace: Hidden Mysteries. The game is gorgeous and the graphics look sharp and crisp even when you are zoomed in. I've played it for a while and I really, really like it. Check it out if you're a hidden object fan.

2. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    I agree looks like a good game. They also did Hidden Expedition: Everest.

You can play it online here:
    http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/4311/hidden-mysteries-buckingham-palace/index.html

"1st Runner-Up Best Travel Adventure Game of 2008!
    In Hidden Mysteries ™: Buckingham Palace you must peel back the curtains on one of the grandest buildings in the western world to look for treasure and uncover its deepest secrets. Learn fun facts about several royal locations while you search for hidden objects and play ingenious mini-games. Follow romantic notes strewn across beautifully rendered scenes in this exciting sequel to Hidden Mysteries: Civil War. "

3. pennydreadful

pennydreadful Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I played an hour long sample on the Big Fish game site and intend to download the Itouch version later tonight. It's from the same publisher as Everest Hidden Expedition, and it delivers as a polished and enjoyable hidden object game. I also noticed in the game's description they've included all the mini games and puzzles from the original version. I highly recommend this for any fan of HO games or British history :)

4. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
  5. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    This game actually looks REALLY good.

As for myself, I haven't tried out the hidden object genre yet, and this game seems to be a bit more on the pricey side. 4.99 can get you Edge, Zen Bound, Touchgrind, or Sway.

Anyways, the pictures/artwork/graphics of this particular hidden object game seems to be way better than their [app]Everest: Hidden Expedition[/app] one, which the dev seems to think that it justifies the 4.99 price tag.

Not really a buy for me even though it looks wonderful. Probably going to wait for some more reviews, someone to TOFTT, or some first impressions or feedback.

6. tangerine

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I bought it and I love it. I'm interested in British history so that's a big plus for me, too. I think it's worth the money.

7. 3Dave

3Dave Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Senior Artist/Animator
    Monroe, WA
    Man I love hidden object games, and I really enjoyed Everest. Yard Sale is still the king for me though, and I don't see this one having that level of "charm," so I may need to wait to see if it goes on sale.

Thanks for the heads up though! Had no idea it was even out.

8. jdr

jdr Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I believe Everest started off at this price.

I was so excited when I saw this, I bought it immediately!

9. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Going to wait on this one, just got Sprill recently and still have a few other HO games to finish.

Watch list + 1

10. tangerine

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Buckingham Palace has some really tricky puzzles to solve. Fortunately, I found a good hint site because I have little, if any, patience. I'm trying not to use the hints but.....

11. wolfhunt

wolfhunt Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Guess I'm glad I have a backlog right now. That will keep me from grabbing this outright. Hopefully it will go on sale and I can grab it later. I've played many of Big Fish's HO games on PC and they are pretty good. If they start porting them all over I might be in trouble. :p

12. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Backlog for me too, but I don't know how long I'll be able to hold out.

I'm an hidden object game fanatic. Same deal with adventure games.

13. megami

megami Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Looks good, but would rather wait for a price drop.

14. #14 mrbass, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
    Well I remember playing this on my mac. Played the demo...the artwork is pretty amazing in this one. Didn't buy it but it wasn't due to the artwork though for another reason. So I get this and it's pretty nice don't think it's worth $5 though. Wait for $2.99 I'd say then snag it. Only thing that chides my buffalo hide is when you pinch to zoom and go say 2X the image still crystal clear but when you go to 3X max it distorts every so slightly. Same thing ticked me off in Yardsale one. This one has inventory and letters to read. Not quite puzzle solving like Women's Murder Club was but more along the lines of Agatha Christie Perils at End House is very basic puzzle clue collecting.

Hint system I like quite a bit. Each scene has three hidden crowns. I believe each crown you find is worth 5 credits. If you are stuck trying to find an item tap on it in the list. You have three options
    - Show Silhouette - 1 credit (like black shadow image of object)
    - Show Full Image - 3 credits (so you know what color and exactly what it looks like)
    - Show Item - 5 credits (points exactly where it is)
    Let me add some screenshots showing the zoom 1x, 2x and 3x so you know about the pixellation I'm talking about.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. belas

belas Member

Dec 20, 2008
    I am stuck in the mews-it seems to be a bug,it says I have 1 item left to find on map screen but when I am in the mews screen my list is empty?:confused:

16. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hmm, interesting. I haven't played this game yet but I had the same type of error in another hidden objects game and I had to use a hint to reveal the item. Perhaps you can try using a hint to help you identify the item that is not appearing on the list?

17. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Level of difficulty?

A question for those of you who have purchased this game, what is the level of difficulty? Is it a mixture of difficulties? Are there lots of hidden objects on each screen? Is it easy - will I fly through each screen and item list and finish the game quickly? Or is it likely to have me searching for a few minutes? Thanks.

18. belas

belas Member

Dec 20, 2008
    mmm tried that but nothing engages when pressed-hints etc
    I have emailed support to ask for help :confused:

19. pennydreadful

pennydreadful Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Snow Mani- I found the level of difficulty somewhere slightly below that of "Everest: Hidden Expedition" but slightly above "Yard Sale" and far above "Little Shop of Treasures." Your mileage may vary depending on how good at Hidden Object games you are. However, Buckingham Palace has an engaging storyline, challenging inventory puzzles and mini-games that Everest lacks.

20. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    I got Everest at 0.99. I'll wait on this one to see if it also drops in price