Universal Bubbles the Cat (by Team Cats & Bears)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 5, 2019.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #21 metalcasket, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    This is a testament to how ****ing brilliant and memorable the level design is, because I instantly knew where I left off in my previous life (pun intended...get it...cats...9 lives? I’ll show myself out). Platinum’d everything up to 2-12 and now it’s time to go back and get all those platinum stars on all the X levels I’ve unlocked. :D

EDIT: That was a workout! Okay, so I was on 2-12 and X-9.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So far I’m enjoying this and I’m much better at it than I am at Death Hall.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Got to 3-3 and X-11 and I just have to state that Bubbles the Cat is ‘Top 5 iOS Platformers of All Time’ material. I have NEVER in my life come into contact with such intricate, inventive and unique power-ups which (sorry, I sound like a broken record now) fuel such masterful level designs. Wow, wow, wow, wow.

That is all.

TeamCatsAndBears and ste86uk like this.
  4. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    After i read all your posts i immediately push the buy button! Thanks!

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I’m not as far as some of you but this game just keeps getting better with new mechanics and the good level designs as everyone has already said. I keep coming back for more and usually just do a few levels at a time.

TeamCatsAndBears and metalcasket like this.
  6. Hey all!

Version 1.0.9 should be out now and fixes the title screen and story images looking a bit odd. In addition to this, there's a few other smaller changes:

- Fixed a bug where buttons and some text could go slightly off-screen on the iPhone SE.
    - Fixed an issue where the music and sound volume sliders were misbehaving.
    - Fixed an issue where foreground cog objects in Worlds X-6 to X-10 were not properly positioned.
    - Made the par times slightly easier to achieve on Worlds 1-8, 1-10 and 2-19.
    - Slightly changed a platform in World 4-6 to be less clunky.

Glad to hear you're all enjoying the game! =)

metalcasket, ste86uk and raravan like this.
  7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Okay I hold my hand up ! I normally runners (specially when theyre called platformers and i'm expecting a left/right button !) but i bought this and its very very good. Love the retro vibe to it (I'm also a fan of Jack n Jill which was like a gameboy style runner) but the variety so far i'm loving !

Controls work very well, the bubble idea when youre in the air makes it far better than the usual runner. Well worth the money, congrats devs!

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Basically at a loss for words at just how good this is. I’ve platinum’d everything till 3-14 and X-14 and I can’t believe that new elements are still being introduced at every twist and turn. I’m not going to spoil anything for anyone, mind you.

Oh, and if you’re still sane after X-13, I applaud you. Took me an entire day (on and off) to master it, but it was so satisfying pulling it off!