Browse iTunes Store w/o iTunes

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Zandog, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    [​IMG]
    Opening iTunes and checking something in its store isn't always a quick, memory-friendly task. For previewing apps, browsing music and podcasts, or otherwise scoping purchases without iTunes, the App Store website is a great alternative.

Hosted on the Google App Engine, and hopefully legit in the legal sense, App Store parses the iTunes Store's particular XML code to present all the inter-linked goods and downloads. Reviews, directory tree browsing, and even direct links to actually open iTunes to particular product or purchase pages are all included. Account information and gift certificate redeeming are, as you'd expect, only available in iTunes, and the Power Search function appears busted (for the moment?). Otherwise, it's a convenient, low-drag way of flipping through the iTunes store, whatever platform you happen to be on.

http://app-store.appspot.com/ via lifehacker

2. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Cool dude, now i can look for apps at school lol. Thanks for sharing.

3. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    good find. thanks

4. blurb35

blurb35 Member

Jan 29, 2009
    It's a start though far from perfect at this point. Many links either don't work (like the browse link in the home page) or send you to itunes (like the search). For it to be usable, at least the search should work, I hope they make a better search than itunes.

5. bomber

bomber Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Nice especially here on my Linux :D