iPad Brothers in Arms

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by 1337brian, Dec 2, 2008.

1. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    This game is flipping insanely fun. I can't put it down. :)

I've never played a real FPS before as I'm not really a serious gamer. Now I'm starting to really want to buy Call of Duty for my Wii. It looks so freaking fun now that I know what FPS games are like (sort of). :p

Anyway, the $10 is soooooooooooooooo worth it. The game is fun as heck!~

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008

re-boot ipotch of iphone
    -you might have problems with it being jailbroken or having the 2.1 firmware;)

p.S: Bought the game, and its awsome, I;m stuck at the second mission, witht he tank, where the heck is that command tower Im supposed to destroy to stop the train???

3. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Pablo, iPotch?? It used to make sense, but now idk. regardless, that is the standard procedure for fixing apps. It cleared the memory and resets the apps.

I dunno, maybe iPouch??!!

lol

4. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    #84 pablo19, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
    IPOCH Already EXISTS and you can buy it in ebay, just look it up in google.

I you search Ipotch in google you get a couple of asian websites with symbols nobody understands

EDIT: here is a description of the IPOUCH

-specifically tailored for your iPod, moshi's ipouch is a simple and elegant case designed to keep your iPod pristine-looking since the day you bought her. made with Terahedron™, ipouch's inner layer micron-sized filament construction will remove smears and fingerprints with in-situClean™ technology; making your iPod shiny and new each time you slip it in the ipouch. its suede-like outer layer is designed to gently brush away dust particles that can scratch your iPod's sleek finish; it is also splash-proof and anti-static treated to protect your iPod from contaminants and electrical discharge.

VIVA LA IPOTCH :D

5. brewstermax

Ahh, yes of course. I really doubt that counts, but w/e and yes iPotch comes up a variety of Chinese and Japanese sites, mentioning the iPhone and iPod Touch.

6. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    I think I won this battle (in the arms of my brothers:D)

7. brewstermax

yes agreed.

8. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I think iPotch sounds funny. Like slang for a drug or something, lol

But I like it :D

9. brewstermax

agreed. Pablo, are you a native Mejicano or from Espana? Lol.

10. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    Espana!!!!! but that doesn't make me a drug addict does it???? :eek:

11. powderski11

powderski11 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    it was a joke.

12. brewstermax

No, no. Me es Americano. :). Me hablo ingles y espanol.

13. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Why are you always causing troube? Ayayai...Stop using faux-spanish...

14. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    i just got this game, and it's amazing :)

15. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I'm not enjoying the game that much tho the game has nice graphics and presentation... :(

I find hard (maybe I need training) to walk because any obstacle, even another soldier, is hard to pass.

Sometimes the enemy is right in front of me and we're firing each other... Neither of us trying to avoid being shot.

And I didn't feel that thrilling experience that makes me want to play more and more (at least a bit more).

Well I just tried the game twice. Maybe that's the problem.

16. Fubit86

Fubit86 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    It's not bad. Controls take some getting used to, but for a ten dollar game it's worth it (In comparison to console games). Took me 20 minutes to do 2 of the individual missions, so it should give you a lot of play time considering it has 13 missions (3 diff campaigns). All in all, it's not perfect, but a good game considering it's on a touch screen PHONE. Really, how good can it get? WHen you die, it takes you to yous last checkpoint, and when you quit a mission/exit a mission it saves your progress. So far, I have not had any troubles with the into video. Just tap the screen and hit "done" and it will skip it. It also hasn't crashed at all..

7.5/10
    Buy!

17. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    I agree. I was expecting more of a call of duty and Deadly Dozen experience. I am at full sensitivity and i cant get the camera to rotate fast. But i guess that's the limitations of a auto aim. I just finished the Normandy Campaign and driving the recon vehicle feels a little awkward. The guy with the machine gun on the vehicle only shoots when you are in front of the enemy. Despite all this it is still very playable and a graphical Tour-De-Force. The game has it's moments of fun and challenges. for $9.99 i think it is a wise decision to buy it now as i don't think there will be a price drop for at least a month.

Rating 4/5 considering the touch screen interface

I guess someone really needs to design a gamepad accessory for the iPhone/iTouch

18. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

I finish the Normandy campaign today at work playing during my breaks. This is the only game that I feel I need to finish LoL!

I don't want to finish the game too fast anyway. Wanna take my time and enjoy the game as in other FPS games I bought for the console.

The control definitely need some getting use to. I died a lot in the game because of my problem with the control. Driving the tank was fun but I hate driving the jeep. The control is so freakin wrong!

So far, you get to use a sniper, anti-tank missile and your normal machine gun. The sound effects and voice over is cool and pretty loud and I played it to full to show off to my colleague at work ha!

Playing a ww2 game might not be as much fun as my favorite tactical FPS game but definitely at $9.99 a great fun to have on your iphone. Just, don't expect it to be as good as playing on your console or DS or PSP for that matter.

In all, I think the FPS genre will definitely improve and once we get used to playing this kind of game on the iPhone and Apple improve the battery life and hardware processor then definitely more people will buy the iphone or itouch and of course more good games will be created solely for the iPhone.

I'll then finally die happy ...heeeeeeeee...

:D

19. brewstermax

Ok.. Haha

20. TheMarkness

TheMarkness Member

Nov 28, 2008
    #100 TheMarkness, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
    Not to burst anyone's bubble on this but this is the exact same game as on the DS. I mean mission for mission, word for word dialogue and cinematics.

Where's our quality games on par with Dreamcast level as Sega and John Carmack said was possible. Instead we all get excited over a DS game on the iPhone, guess it's the step in the right direction?

DS footage, iPhone footage

Maybe next year we'll start seeing games that truely shine and aren't DS/N-gage ports (thinks force unleashed)