iPad Brothers In Arms 2: Global Front (v1.1.1 with Retina Display Out Now)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Feb 21, 2010.

1. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida
    [​IMG]

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I hope so as well... I hated playing online when there were a bunch of hackers... I quit playing online because of them.

And should I delete Sandstorm or NOVA to make space for this game... hmm... I'm leaning towards NOVA since that one's full of hackers. Fun for its time, but it got kinda old after all the hacking.

And 7.99 seems like kind of a weird price point... I was expecting 6.99 from Gameloft, not 7.99... ah well, it's only a dollar more. I'm getting it either way.

3. Diggins

Diggins Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    your attic
    what the shizzle nizzle are you talking about?

4. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I think he may be talking about co-op. I remember them saying something about co-op being local wifi and bluetooth only. Luckily, I still have my iTouch 1G around so I can test it out and let you guys know how it goes once I get this game.

5. hamstarz

hamstarz Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009

i think he meant that there is no 3g multiplayer

6. MWHApps

MWHApps Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    $10.99???

So is $10.99 the actual price for the game?! If so, then the next thing you know a bunch of new releases will be jacked up as well! NO! Please tell me it's not true because I only have $8 on my itunes account. :(

7. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    That's the NZ price, i guessing you are from the USA, and it will be $7.99 for USA app store.

8. fructose

fructose Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Wow... this game is beautiful. Multiplayer is great

9. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    #89 MrDark, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
    keep clicking the refresh button here, this one is amust buy for me..love the first one...even it's not FPS at that version

10. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
    Just found this :) It's bad quality :( but it shows a bit.

11. Killquake

Killquake Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2008
    I like the game but I can't really get the controls down. I wish it was like nova, but its not for some reason, for me it doesn't really feel sensitive and theres no room to slide your finger without accidentally hitting the buttons to shoot etc.

12. fructose

May 13, 2009
    I can upload a video if you guys would like

13. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Yes please do so.

14. dhgamer

dhgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    New York
    That'd be great. Thanks

15. morphman

morphman Active Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Game Impressions

Early Impressions

As is typical fair for Gameloft they have tried to take every winning feature from a genre and try to pack it in one game as best they can. Sandstorm was a really fantastic iphone shooter taking everything good from CODMW1 and distilling it down to an iphone experience that was highly enjoyable. BIA2 really feels like a WW2 version of Sandstorm but with a co-op focus given its Band of Brothers moniker.

Graphics:
    Gameloft really stepped it up with its latest release GT Racing, while the gameplay was lacking in some areas the graphics were the better than any of the appstore's previous racers. That said GL is competing against itself here since its already put out the best looking shooters on the platform as well - NOVA and Sandstorm. BIA2 does not disappoint - It looks better than any shooter and possibly any other game I have seen yet. Its amazing. As close to the PSP as one could get and probably will until the next iphone. It pushes the device, even the formidable 3GS, to its limits. Everything from the textures to the explosions bleed of polish and thoughtful implementation. But - and there's always a but isn't there - the framerate takes a hit under the weight of all that eyecandy. The sharp crisp movement of NOVA is just not there. Its still a smooth experience largely free of hiccups and though I cant test it other people are reporting similar performance on older devices.

Gameplay:
    So far I am about three levels in and the game is down right fantastic. The level design, combat, and environments are just superb. I won't ruin all the surprises, and there are many, but all great things you've liked in NOVA and Sandstorm have been further refined. I will update with more info later but for now if you liked any of the iphone shooters buying this is a no-brainer. The control options are robust offering 4 layouts and things like auto-aimming and auto-leveling. It might just be my crappy fingers but the controls feel just a little stiff even with the sensitivity turned all the way up (which is how it comes by default interestingly).

I want to get back to playing but if your looking for something fresh and fun on your iphone, shooter fan or not, you owe it yourself to grab this for those breaks between Plants vs. Zombies marathons.

16. NeoTrunks

NeoTrunks Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    #96 NeoTrunks, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
    I've read through every post here and haven't found an answer to this. But, from those who have played the game, is there an option to invert the aiming?

The first BIA and Sandstorm had it. It was annoyingly absent in Terminator Salvation, and I still haven't bought N.O.V.A. because it is not present there either. That will determine whether I buy the game or not. It's such a basic and easy to implement feature that the only reasons I can think to leave it out are laziness or just pure angst against those that prefer it.

On a side note, I was hoping that this would have been more like a Brothers in Arms title. There is none of the squad commanding that I see so far. That's what really set apart the previous BIA games in the series from all of the other WWII shooters. I guess some may think that something that complex wouldn't work in a portable shooter, and given the interface on the iPhone, they might be right. Though, playing Brothers in Arms on the PSP, I can say that it definitely works.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the game, and will buy it the moment it's released in the states if it's got an option to invert the aim.

17. swindlz

swindlz Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Still at school :(
    north-west U.K
    I want that so badly, mutiplayer looks so great in fact i might think i am playing COD2.
    Gameloft, you naver fail to impress me!

18. morphman

morphman Active Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Get you itunes account ready. It does :)

19. fructose

May 13, 2009
    Alright, what would you guys like to see in the video? As in, the multiplayer, what's in the settings, and whatnot.

20. NeoTrunks

NeoTrunks Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Awesome to hear. Thanks :). Will definitely be playing this tonight then