Universal Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (by 505 Games (US), Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Bought it yesterday and haven't played yet.. And frankly, I'm a bit scared to now..I've heard so many good things but as is always the case on touch devices, it comes down to the controls.. About to just buy this on psn..

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It controls perfectly.

3. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #63 redribbon, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    yep this happened to me too, the bar supposed to run automatically once both brothers jump and grab it. im on 6s plus. i dont know if this issue affect certain device or os, or just a universal bugs. please dev, fixed it immediately, this is getting annoying to get a critical bug on a game you really2 wants to play.

dual thumb stick control mimics the joystick controller on ps3 perfectly and since the control in this game is really that simple, i dont see the urge need of MFi here. but yeah, they need to tweaks the swipe to look around sensitivity a little bit more.

it is intentional and no, defintely not a bug. this can be confirmed by there is no subtitle even on the console version as far as i can remember.

4. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Yeah controls do work well.. Just played for about 15 minutes and enjoyed every second.. Reading a few of the comments had me worried.. I'll still but this on psn and further support these guys..

5. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    restart the chapter(not the checkpoint) will fixed the problem, well at least it work for me.

6. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Also for me so it seems it's a temporary solution.

7. Kit...

Kit... Member

Jun 7, 2015
    Found another bug!

When climbing on the two windmills on the second one he won't drop off he just gets stuck there.... tried restarting chapter same problem :confused:

8. thestinkypig

thestinkypig New Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm there too! I've done that at least 15 times, restarting the chapter and the little brother won't jump off of the second windmill

9. Kit...

Kit... Member

Jun 7, 2015
    Yeah its a pita! how could these bugs be missed when beta testing i don't know.

10. thestinkypig

thestinkypig New Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Wish they would get 50-100 alpha/beta testers that actually play through the game. I really wish I didn't spend money on launch day for games to be stuck 2-3 hours in to wait 3 weeks for version 1.1 update to come out. By then it's gonna get deleted or I've moved onto another game.

11. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #71 redribbon, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    its not a bug hehehe, i was thinking the same too at first, just tap anywhere on the right side to drop the character. this method is also applied when
    both of character have to jump on the castle wall, with the rope attached on one to another and they have to swing alternately. only this time, you have to tap based on which character you want to drop(big brother left side, lil bro right side)

12. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Anybody completed this. How long did it take you?

13. Moocow

Moocow Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    The name of this game really cracks me up.
    I'm pretty sure "brothers" wouldn't be called "two daughters".
    If I never heard of this game before the title isn't exactly appealing enough for me to even open the description.

14. Lukeycloud

Lukeycloud Active Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Stuck on chapter two when you both brothers jump onto a bar that is letting off sparks

15. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    approximately 2.5-3hours on first play. maybe even more if you want to enjoy the scenery and to collect all the achievement.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    *facepalm*

17. thestinkypig

thestinkypig New Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That's a shame.... You're missing on one of the most beautiful story telling in any video game. It's a beautiful emotional story and probably the best emotional story driven game on mobile

18. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Finished it today, definitely in my top 3 of the year.

19. Kit...

Kit... Member

Jun 7, 2015
    And the other 2 ? :rolleyes:

20. smiffee666

smiffee666 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 29, 2012
    UK
    Playing on ip6 and air 2 and it's just lovely so far, playing little bits each day to make it last! Controls are really good on air 2 which I must confess, has become my go-to device for gaming these days when at home. Well worth the price, invokes the fondest memories of playing through Ico for the first time, which reminds me, I must keep playing to decode what the hell that girl actually says ###