Universal Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (by 505 Games (US), Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Who's buying it for me? :p

2. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I'm not playing this on mobile. I already have it on 360. The game is practically perfect in every way.

To anyone playing this for the first time: Allow yourself to become emotionally invested.

Caution: This game might make your eyes a little sweaty.

To anyone who's already played this: Don't spoil ANYTHING

3. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    loved this game on consoles, can't wait to play it again on my iPad!

4. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Did you update to iOS 9.1? That sounds like the issue I was having with multiple updates over the last couple weeks. 9.1 includes a fix to "apps not downloading for some users".

5. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    The graphic has downgrade from console version, more blur texture and the two boys have no dynamic shadow. But it is still beautiful for a mobile game. I hope that the developer will update some better graphic setting for 6S and high end Android device as mobile GPU is so powerful now.

6. Kit...

Kit... Member

Jun 7, 2015
    Thanks for the heads up !

I have it working now and wow this is some game its simply stunning and engrossing !

7. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  8. hippiesrlame

hippiesrlame Active Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Wondering the same..

9. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Can anyone confirm iCloud support or lack thereof... thanks!

10. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Can't find icloud and MFI support in the menu's. So I'm 95% they're not in the game.

11. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Not that this needs more positive feedback but I've played through the PS3 version and then replayed the levels where I needed to do certain things to finish all the triphies in the game. I didn't have much trouble with the controls or puzzles once I turned my brain on. This is one of the most logical puzzle adventure games I've played... to the point that it was a little on the easy side (though I had to play some areas a few times or more to figure out what I was doing wrong).

My iphone isn't up to snuff for this version, but really this is the kind of game you play fully then try your best to forget so one day you can play it again and enjoy the ride.

12. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    too bad there seems no MFI support :(

Maybe i should get it for my 360 then.Looks great!

13. thestinkypig

thestinkypig New Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Is anyone having issues in chapter two that you can't proceed further?

There's a part where both the brothers jump on a horizontal bar and take it down through a number of tunnels and around until you fall on a stone bridge that collapsed. (This is after doing the horizontal jump on the three hooks).

I jump and put the brothers on the bar and nothing happens!

14. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Can't wait to dig into this one. Damn backlogue from hell chalked full of such good stuff. Not enough hours in a day. Lol

15. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Wanted to enjoy this but the controls are absolutely ridiculous. Trying to move little brother and he won't move and he just starts talking in the imaginary language. I know when up you hold down on the control stick (action button) he does an action with whatever is around him but what I'm trying to say is it's a pain just moving around

16. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    stutter a lil bit on my 6 plus...
    hell i'll wait until iphone 7 to upgrade....

17. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    I tried it and couldn't even get the cart onto the bridge. I went back to the PS3 version that I got last year from PS+ and immediately sat down and played for almost an hour easily.

I'm glad I bought it to support the devs, but it looks like I'll be playing this one on PS3. Much easier. I can't seem to get the dual sticks to work on iOS but had no problem on PS3.

18. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Exact same spot I'm stuck at. Also little brother on top to pull the lever but I can get down ugh

19. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    No MFi No Buy, waiting for a proper Vita version.

20. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    So what language are they speaking?definitely not engliah right?can't understand what was happening is that intentional or a bug?