Universal Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (by 505 Games (US), Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

You better play that. Especially you.

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

If anyone tries the game, could you check if it supports MFi controllers?
    Thanks!

3. sakuraarts

sakuraarts Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Oh my...

At this rate ill be bankrupt!

4. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    #24 Luciano1084, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    Heard a lot about this one.. Intrigued to say the least.. Wondering how the controls are

5. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I have exactly the same issues.... I'm awaiting some feedback on the controls before buying. I have been wanting to play it for a while tho so I might just crack and pick it up

6. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    #26 Quazonk, Oct 22, 2015
    Well, 2 minutes in and I'm.....confused as hell. Okayyy, pick up dad in cart, confusingly find way to pull lever to take dad over bridge (without actually knowing what action caused the pull of the lever, just fumbling around after many fails), take dad to elevator platform, pretty obvious one brother needs to go up ladder. Approach ladder with "blue" son, ladder glows blue. Touch the ladder? Dings, but no action. Touch the blue control stick? Nothin. Touch the blue ladder while moving the blue control stick towards the ladder? Random ding. Nothin. Take "orange" son down there and try the same thing. Maybe they both have to be there? Nnnnope, nothing. Nothing seems to do anything at all. Nothing is explained. If its this confusing this early on, I shudder to think about what will happen when I encounter a complex puzzle later in the game. Ugh.

Edit: Well, got that one figured out after several minutes and several fumbly moments. Either way that about as unsmooth as a sequence can be in a game, and I'm by no means a newcomer to action-puzzle games.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I thought it was really quite simple. :p Try and use point and click mentality with Brothers. It helps.

8. ZeeMonkeyMan

ZeeMonkeyMan Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I'm terrible at puzzle games but had no such troubles! Try sticking your tongue out next time lol

9. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    The controls were just so fumbly! Like to get the blue brother to stand in the spot to hold his hands open I had to be standing on one particular pixel, or I'd get a ding and he'd just stand there doing nothing. Same with the lever handle. Pretty obvious, there's a lever, pull it. I did an obscene amount of fumbling about while trying to pull that damn lever lol. Maybe just a device-specific thing? These aren't complicated puzzles, just getting the brothers to do what they're supposed to do seems to be the difficult part.

10. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    finished this game 2-3 years ago on my ps3 and it simply brings the best experience i've ever played in console for long time since prince of persia trilogy(last of us doesnt count :p). so yes, im still preparing a walkthrough for this one and while im on it, please, please just smash the buy button and you wont regret it, promised!

11. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Howdy red :D
    Downloading with crappy speed now maybe tomorrow afternoon i'll be able to play it

How's the control?

12. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #32 redribbon, Oct 22, 2015
    hey bro, im great, thanks, how bout you? :)
    controls are spot on, they just create a dual thumbstick that works similar to the playstation joystick, you can check it on my video below. enjoy, my friend :D

13. Especially me?

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im leaning on my experience with Ico and Lost Vikings. ;)

15. redribbon

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    one thing that still bothered me is the graphics optimisation, which imo, 6s/6s plus is no doubt can handle all those effect appeared on the ps3 version. i only hope that this is not just another straight port from the console version with no optimisation and the developer might still working on improvement. i can play strangers wrath now on my 6s plus on maximum resolution and maxed out everything and still getting a smooth 45-60fps, so i dont see anything different with this one. maybe the graphics in this game is a lot heavier than it appeared, i dunno, im just making an assumption here. please, cmiiw.

16. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I meant the arachnid part

17. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Played this on PC and PS3. It's a gem of a game that I highly recommend!

18. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    This game looks wonderful. One of the games of the year for me for sure

Please no more spoilers, some of us are playing this game for the first time :)

19. Kit...

Kit... Member

Jun 7, 2015
    Anyone having problems downloading on iPad air2 ?mine has been stuck half way for about an hour deleted and tried installing again same problem.:mad:

20. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Yes. ESPECIALLY you!