Universal Brotato (by Erabit Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lull4by, Mar 28, 2023.

1. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I don't know much about data collection.

So I want to know:
    Even if I chose "don't allow data collection" option, the dev will get any data from my device?
    Isn't it okay if I chose don't allow?

2. Wall Jump Games

Wall Jump Games Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    Erabit is a mobile publisher, they didn’t make this on PC. I would 100% recommend buying this on Steam if you don’t want it on mobile, as it is amazing.

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  3. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Boy oh boy. I haven't played this on the PC in a while (cause I don't use my Windows laptop much anymore). Just fired it up and was able to beat the lowest difficulty without breaking too much sweat. While I can't exactly be sure it's just because of the power ups I picked or I learned more or just got better..but it definitely didn't feel as hard as on the phone. Either way, I'm still glad it's on mobile. I'll just play it as if its the "hard" mode! lol

solarnya likes this.
  4. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    #44 solarnya, Apr 8, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
    Sorry in advance if it's off-topic:

I found they're also a developer of "Candy Disaster" by buying Brotato and I've owned this.
    I downloaded that game again and that had updates and now that supported my language.
    I was glad about it, but due to the bug, it freezed on start up screen...
    So I DM'd to Erabit about this bug and they gave me replies really quick.

In a day or two, I could play that game again with my native language.

I guess Erabit is kind/active developer.

Brotato mobile is actually very difficult, but I think the game is very interesting, not bad at all as it for me.
    I don't want to give them sarcastic words even if I can't play Brotato very well.

And I still don't know even if I tapped "don't allow" the game still keeps tracking my information.

5. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Skall likes this.
  6. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    #46 Alex DeLargest, Apr 8, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
    Lol, when I click that link, or the link to that page within the AppStore listing, literally the first thing I see is a Google warning that the website’s SSL certificate is expired.

Doing great!

Also, Erabit’s claims are one thing, but this is the actual listed publisher on mobile:

http://www.qiyusg.com/

Oh, hai, dodgy Chinese dev with a one page insecure website and no privacy policy published!

Also, if you are on iOS, opting out probably opts out. Probably.

If you’re on Android, opting out likely does little to nothing if the dev is at all unscrupulous. Google isn’t actually checking and Google themselves have been found to be massively disregarding user opt out.

Mythbuster likes this.
  7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    My 8 yo has been enjoying it.

And Brotato. We’ve been enjoying Brotato together.

Just died on l20 danger 0 with a brawler dammit

8. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I find it very hard to avoid the red attacks from bosses using touch controls

9. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    For those who find the game are harder than PC version, that is true because bosses’ attack warning time on mobile are shorter than PC, wish the developer can fix it later.

10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I lost access to danger levels when not actively playing them.

So. Unlock danger 3. Go back and try to complete danger 0/1 with new characters.

Lose access to danger 2 & danger 3.

Has anyone else experienced this, and / or knows if it’s fixed? I’d like to complete earlier dangers with new characters but am not keen on losing danger 3.

11. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Hell yes. That took a while!

746863F6-1FB8-4AC6-AC08-89E67EC6CFD2.png

adin, Lull4by and Anotherkellydown like this.
  12. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    This game needs some serious rebalancing on mobile. I’ve played dozens of games and only gotten to 20 twice, it’s simply luck. There’s just too much monster spawn and too little player damage and AOE. Attached is a typical buildout getting overwhelmed on level 13….there’s simply nowhere to run on the screen.

Attached Files:

elcrazy likes this.
  13. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
  14. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
  15. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I get that, but this paid version seems like an upgrade from the Premium version. It’s as if those who supported the game prior to the latest iteration are being punished. Usually, free versions when converting to paid are the same game as those who invested from the start.

16. adin

adin Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    New Mexico
    Yeah, I’d really like to see a bunch of the little stuff get backported from the freemium version—like an optional ad to resurrect! The freemium version is *much* easier if you want it to be.

17. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    No, it doesn’t need rebalancing, you need to learn! Nowhere to run means you’ve fucked your build. You’re overdone on shotguns, you’ve got rip and tear (Which relies on melee damage) x2 and a chunky life steal stat when life steal is best pitched to a medical or rapid fire build. Given how little you have (by l13) I suspect you’ve wasted a tonne of cash on rerolling, which IS a useful strategy, but really should be within a context of “AND make best use of all that’s offered.” Shotguns are relatively weak, good for low damage crowd clearance, NOT good when you have higher damage enemies appear UNLESS you have frankly massive ranged damage + damage % stats.

This game is pure roguelike. Play, lose, learn, play again. I don’t play below danger 2 atm but I suspect I would hit l20 almost every run on danger 0.

I’m still playing, daily, months on. I’ve just finished with soldier (danger 2, next challenge get them all up to danger 5) with two obliterators (first time I’ve found them useful!) and unlocked the nuclear launcher. The game that keeps on giving. Love it!

Attached Files:

18. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Here’s my latest run, on artificer. He’s highly restricted (bc -100% damage, only damage type of value is elemental). So I’ve re rolled more than I usually would. And yet, contrast how many items I have by l11 compared by your stock by l13. Note the difference in weapon colours, too.

I strongly suspect you’re rerolling and rerolling to get the weapons build you want, which just won’t work on Brotato. The cost of rerolls isn’t worth the lost opportunity to but stuff to buff your stats. The buff from black to blue to purple to red on weapons just isn’t worth it if the weapons aren’t freely offered. (And more rare weapons are offered in later stages by default).

Long story short, RNG game is RNG. Use the randomness, don’t fight it. Buff whatever might be useful.

And also yeah, elites are fairly broken, particularly l11 butcher I reckon I’d be consistently at l20 if it wasn’t for him (and often attempt danger 2 to avoid him).

Attached Files:

19. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I got my first difficulty 0 clear using the balanced character :)

IMG_0157.png

Quoad, Lull4by and elcrazy like this.
  20. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    New update. New characters. New items.

I have just trashed a beautiful run on the all new apprentice with a strange ghost + no healing strategy on L14

This game is just a masterclass in design principles, so much potential from such a sketched outline!