iPad Briscas: Trick-Taking Game -- Know anything about?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mr. Charley, Feb 8, 2009.

1. I believe this is the same as Truco which I have but hard to learn but is only a $1 and not $5. Hardest part is memorizing which trumps which ...see here.

2. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Thanks for the response.
    Much appreciated.

3. rozgo

rozgo Active Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Briscas

Briscas and Truco are very different, only having in common the same type of cards. While Truco is more about bluffing, Briscas is more technical and based on risk plays. Both are great games that appeal at different markets. Truco at Argentina, Brazil and Venezuela; Briscas at Puerto Rico, Spain and Italy.

...from the website...
    Briscas, the iPhone game, is based on the popular Spanish card game with the same name. This Italian variant of Briscola, is played by kids and adults all over the world, with dominance in Spain, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Italia and other countries.

4. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
  5. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
  6. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Thanks for the link, Chiller. Review is decent, so at a buck I'll pick it up. Love those card games. Man, I'm getting old. Black coffee, scotch, card games, ear hair.. #&^$

7. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    It looks good and only a dollar so I'm in.

8. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #9 NotYou, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
    I am completely and utterly hooked on this game. I think it really deserves more attention. I understand the lack of initial appeal since it's a Spanish(and sort of Italian) game and that limits the amount of people who have heard of it, but it's incredibly addicting. This version is in general one of the best made card games in the app store. At the very least, it's probably the flashiest one.

I'd recommend it to anyone even remotely interested. The in game instructions could use some clarification, but the rules are easily found with a quick internet search.

Edit:
    They also need to add more options. The addition of a hard mode would be very welcome.

9. STP_Steve

STP_Steve Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Editor of slidetoplay.com
    San Francisco, CA
  10. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I read the SlideToPlay review, tested the online version (where rules are well explained) and purchased it.

It's a very polished game that includes not only Achievements but also Statistics (winnings/losses) which increases the replay value a lot.

Read the rules carefully because that's the first and required step to start enjoying this game!

11. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Does anyone know the difference between Briscas and Briscola? Briscas is supposed to be a Spanish variant of Briscola, but I don't see any difference. Briscas even uses an Italian 40-card deck.:confused:

12. Ok broke down bought this game. I like how it's easier in the sense that it has numbers. I can't remember that King beats a Horse. (12 beats 11). or 3 items beats a Jack..( 3 beats a 10). Anyway still can't flip to rules without restarting game so I have this little piece of paper taped to back of my ipod touch I kid you not.

1 - 11 pts
    3 - 10 pts
    12 - 4 pts
    11 - 3 pts
    10 - 2 pts
    rest - 0 pts

Btw the Briscola has this and also the italian version and has multiplayer wifi so I sure hope this one adds wifi like they say.

13. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Came across this again. I am a sucker for card games. This any good?

14. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    It's one of the more polished card game apps available. The thread has some good strategies and includes rules of the game. The animations and the music help with the feel of the app.