iPad Briscas on sale for $.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Zyphon, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Zyphon

Zyphon Active Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I noticed that Briscas [App Store] was on sale for $.99 today. I remember reading some good reviews of it here, and being the puzzlephile that I am, I went ahead and bought it (haven't had a chance to sync it yet though). Anyway, thought some of you all would be interested.

-Z

2. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Thanks for that. From the reviews I've read, if you're into card games, this is one of the best you can get. The hardest part is remembering all the rules.

3. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    It has been a buck before, and I bought it then. Haven't figured out how to play yet.

4. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    I have it, and I really like playing it. I hadn't played this card game before, and I enjoy it. The rules did take a while to get used to though ;)

5. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    is this similar to orions?? or is it just like..battling cards with numbers..

6. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
  7. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I definitely reccomend this to any who's considering it. There are a few versions of Briscolla in the app store(this is the same thing, just with a Spanish name), but this is a very well made version. Once you learn the rules, it's tough to stop playing.

8. Ok did buy Briscalo Pro which has wifi too so does Tressette but Briscas I think is best for Americans for two reasons. One is the numbers on cards help us remember ranking and also the highlight fire reminds us of trump superiority. Anyway in those other two they have like 7 different card backgrounds and Briscas only has one so which is better? Well I only think it would matter if your Italian and want your regions cards.

To play it is simple...just play a card if you have the lead...however remember most cards don't score points you want to steal their points and try to make sure they don't steal yours. Only thing I'm not sure about is not sure if Briscas will have "multiplayer" does that mean wifi or just local on same device. I'm hoping for wifi but developer didn't respond to me regarding that aspect of it.

9. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Here's a...strange...ad for the game:

Just bought it a few minutes ago. But I probably won't get to it for a while. It's one of those apps that is in the twilight zone that is what comes after page 9 on the iTouch/Phone.

*sighs

Apple really needs to fix that, btw.

10. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    What made you in your right mind go find this?:p

Btw, I'm going to pick this up too and hopefully play with it soon.

11. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Eh, I wanted to see a video of the gameplay. This was the only video I could find.

That's another thing Apple should fix up. In the games for iPod classic section of iTunes, the developers can include little video trailers for their games. Would be nice to have that option for iTouch/Phone games.

12. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    I think that can be addressed if the devs included videos on their their own pages that you can access via the Support link on the right-hand side of the iTunes page. I don't envision Apple embedding video into their iTunes pages...it would just make iTunes load up even slower.

13. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I just got this. I love card games. I've played about 4-5 games but I've yet to understand it fully.

14. Just play the game in your browser...just note iphone version is quick and not sluggish like the flash version is.
    http://www.playbriscas.com/