Universal Bring Me Sandwiches!! - (by adult swim / Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    what about people that already have the game?

2. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Holy crap, yes! I've been waiting for a widescreen update forever. Nervous about the ads though since I bought it at release...

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #123 syntheticvoid, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    ^^while I am curious about this as well, I have no issue paying another dollar or two to remove ads (even though I have an ad blocker...), because I LOVE Grumpyface... And have been waiting for an update to BMS since I got a 5. Totally worth 'paying for the update' in this instance... Least in my opinion...

But that's me... I have no issues paying for updates which bring widescreen support. I know that I am in the minority here, and there will undoubtedly be people who will be upset about this having ads after they update.

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Oh man, I just bought this less than a month ago and haven't even opened it yet. Please don't let me down Grumpyface.

5. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA

Not at this time, no. The ads are short and only in between levels. That is basically funding this update (which I know a lot of people wanted). We did not add any IAP.

Our hope is that this brings new people to the game. If it proves popular and people request it we'll take another look at adding a "remove ads" option.

6. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Id pay to remove ads!

7. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Basically if we do not want ads, don't update?

8. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    But then what's the point right? I bought this game when I still had my 4S and after I switched to a 5S I deleted the game because they never updated it for the larger screen. If there'll be ads in it now, I don't see any point in redownloading this game. Sad to say it's one of those games that will be a mistake to buy in its early days.

9. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I paid a dollar for the game which was a bit of a steal as it probably should have been a two or three dollar game so I wouldn't mind a one or two dollar IAP to remove ads but expect a lot of backlash. Ads in a paid game always gets negative feedback. I understand your need but it won't go over well. Good luck though, I look forward to the update as well. Downloading today so I'll get notified when it's ready. Thanks!

10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    No idea why people expect developers to work for them for free...

You don't go to work every day and NOT get paid to do something you did yesterday or the day before because whoever already used what you produced... You'd be pissed if your boss said 'I paid you for writing this report yesterday, why would I pay you to make changes that I want in the report today?'

11. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Why don't they just release a free version with even more ads? Why adversely effect your paying customers?

12. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    I can't say for sure but I'd assume additional ad revenue.

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Update's Live in the US Store

**thank you again Grumpyface!!! I've been hoping that this would get updated for quite some time now... great to see it finally get widescreen support. =oD

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Soooo... I just reached Italy... again. I think this'll be the 5th or 6th time that I will have played all the way through the game. It's just as great as I remember... but even better, for whatever reason (maybe it's to do with all the bite-sized platformers out there, or the speedrunners... I dunno, but these older traditional type iOS platformers have really got their claws in me lately).

Anyway, I just wanted to say THANK YOU. Again. It sucks to see the reviews in the store, though I'm not surprised at all. There seems to be some major entitlement issues with iOS gamers... more-so than other gaming platforms anyway.

I hope this doesn't turn you away from updating older games (personally, I'd LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to play Wispin on the widescreen...) - but whatever the future brings - so long as you keep making games, I will be in the group of people who jump on them the day/night they're released. Thank you for the iOS games you've given us - it's a blast to play through every single one and I hope we get more in the future. =oD

Oh yeah... Happy April 26th!