Universal Bring Me Sandwiches!! - (by adult swim / Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 19, 2011.

1. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Love to hear from people who beat the game :) Thanks for playing!!

As for any jumping issues - any little problems with this we definitely want to iron out in the next update. Are there any other details you can provide? Does it seem to be lag-related? (as in, the game itself that is skipping or slowing down causing a mixed jump)? Did it happen from flat surfaces or just special surfaces (clouds/gondola/awnings)? Also, did you see it in more than one control mode?

Thanks again!

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    A friend of mine bought it and had me play it a bit and I have to say it really surprised me as I wasn't expecting much from it. There is definitely fun to be had with it! But (there always is a but eh?) I really don't like playing games on my iPhone anymore, it feels like it puts too much strain on my eyes having to focus on the smaller screen. Nowadays I exclusively play only on my iPad so as long as this game doesn't appear on the iPad with either a universal or native version, I sadly won't consider it and I'll just have to skip it. A shame as I enjoyed my short play through and would have liked to see more.

3. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I've finished the game as well and I loved it!! All gold bread taken! But not all food in the food journal...I can't find two objects :eek:
    Anyway, yep sometimes the jumping issue comes out..well it seems that the character freezes for a second, losing the "momento": so, the jump is too short (in distance, not in height) and he falls down between two "things"! It happened to me in flat and special surfaces, no difference (but never in a gondola!! :eek:)

4. GrumpyfaceChris

Well thank you for your consideration, and I hope you have the opportunity to pick it up one day! We have not started an iPad version, but it could definitely happen in the near future so please keep an eye on this thread or on our blog at http://www.grumpyface.net for updates

Thanks for those details, that definitely helps :) We are currently looking into it and should be able to apply an improvement with the update.

By the way, if you remain stuck on finding those last objects in your food journal feel free to seek help here and maybe we can give a few hints :)

Also I have to mention, if you guys enjoyed the game and have a moment: every iTunes review is a big help! Thanks!

5. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I also normally almost only buy iPad or universal games, but I have a soft spot for platformers, and this looked so fun. Really glad I did buy it.
    About the jumping: it is strange, I see that I had the exact opposite issue as Danjarus. For me, jumping while standing still did not work, I had to start moving and then jump. The game did not feel laggy or frozen otherwise. I never experienced any lag or performance issues. Wish I had payed more attention, will make a better bug-report if I encounter it again. I only used button controls.

So far, I am really enjoying replaying all the levels to get the achievements and goals I missed. This has become my favorite platformer on the iPhone.

6. GrumpyfaceChris

Thanks lena!

Does anyone have a favorite stage? Mine would have to be Italy-3 "A Link to the Pasta". Lots of crazy stuff going on in that one, and it's also the stage that contains my two favorite easter eggs (if anyone wants to guess what those are...) :)

7. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Game Impressions

Pocket Gamer gave 8/10. Me too ;)

This is the the only iOS platform with decent controls together with Bean's Quest and Blobster. Finally devs are understanding they can't use virtual button on a touch device, and Grumpyface seems to experiment something new (new to me, atleast). Congratulation, experiment went good! :D

8. littlezoe

littlezoe Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
    I'm still on the USA levels... I just feel like i will finish the game too fast, so i never play that much at once, maybe 1-2 levels...

Probably i'm just too cautious and the game would last longer... :)

9. Spindler

Spindler Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Finished the game, all 22 achievements. loved it! Hoping for some more levels or a sequel!

10. flyordiedays

flyordiedays Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    I am having trouble finding the sword. It looks like it is part of the Italy levels, but I'm at the end of my rope searching! Great game, I can't stop playing! Can't wait for more levels!

11. littlezoe

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
    I just played through half of the Mexico levels... in my opinion the USA ones were much better, there weren't so many hazards :p

12. littlezoe

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
  13. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    But Mexico has the donkeys! They make me smile every time :)

14. GrumpyfaceChris

This is one of my favorite hidden things in the game :) (It's actually a reference to one of the team's favorite and more inspirational game series too, you might notice..)

Here's some help:
    Without spoiling it directly, I will say to narrow your search down to Italy Stage 3, "A Link to the Pasta". Something that might help you is to pinch the screen to zoom the camera out as far as possible to see things that might be hidden a little out of the way. Good luck!

15. flyordiedays

flyordiedays Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Thank you so much Chris! I am super impressed with how you have responded to user questions and comments, and so quickly! Thanks again!

16. littlezoe

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
    Chris: Is there a reason why the countries after USA have just 6 levels instead of 9?:O

17. GrumpyfaceChris

We planned to have a few extra USA levels to compensate for the "introductory tutorial" levels in that chapter, basically. We wanted to make sure the player had plenty of time to learn and grt used to the game before they'd be presented with the new and more challenging chapters

You're very welcome! Thanks for playing :)

18. GrumpyfaceChris

#98 GrumpyfaceChris, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
    Quick question for any BMS players:

We've had a very small percentage of the playerbase experiencing some crashes, specifically when completing a level. If you've experienced a crash in the game and have a moment, please email [email protected] with your device type, OS number, and where you crashed and how often it happens.

(I'd also advise for now to restart your device, which usually fixes most issues.)

You can also leave the information here in this thread. This would be a huge help as we're working on an fine-tune/fix update and want to make sure we catch everything! Thanks!

19. GrumpyfaceChris

Just a quick update to let you all know we're still alive!

We've been keeping an eye on the handful of issues that have popped up since release and already have several fixes ready to go as part of the first game update. With that said, however, there is still a little bit of time to bring any last problems to our attention--so please let us know if you've encountered any issues! ( [email protected] ) We want to help, and we want the game to run perfectly for everyone :)

One other thing about the update: at this time we do not have major content additions planned, but there is definitely one surprise that people have been asking for, that isn't related to bug-fixing, so please look forward to it!

We're still putting on the last finishing touches, but it shouldn't be long before this is out. Hope some of you are still enjoying BMS!

20. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Cool. I really enjoyed playing this when it first came out but haven't played it much lately. An update is just what will make me come back to it. :)