Universal Bring Me Sandwiches!! - (by adult swim / Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 19, 2011.

1. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    So much great games coming these days..I don't know (and definetly don't have time) which one to play first.
    I'm so-so with platformers but this one is special. Very polished, nice looking game! Great work guys!
    .... I'm hungry now.. Of to fridge make me some sandwiches..damn you :D

2. Stereomastery

Stereomastery Member

Oct 20, 2011
    It's not showing up on the New Zealand Appstore anymore... It was there yesterday.

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    The 'search' function is currently broken in NZ if you are using your device. Open the first page and click the link below the description, that'll sort it out!

4. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    I like the other levels. Each one is unique and different. Unlocked first level of planet nuzz. Wow crazy place. I love it!

5. terelin

terelin Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Didn't give this one much thought when I saw it on TA's frontpage... but after finding out its by the developmer of Wispin, looks like something I would definitely want to try.

Should pick this up when I get home.

6. MrOstrich

MrOstrich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    I've played quite a few iOS platformers and usually the controls leave something desired, but after playing a couple levels with this game, i can say the controls are great...that alone should with the awesome zaniness should make this high on any gamer's list

7. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I was going to just wait until the iPad version released.

It's not like I didn't just buy like, 9 games....

But I took one look at this and there is no question my kids would FREAKING LOVE playing this with me.

So, sigh, I'll buy now.

And then the hd. ..

But if you guys go and release a universal version, I will have a massive temper tantrum.

MASSIVE.

Please be reasonable with the iPad version, when you do release it.

Maybe consider making this universal? Mebee? :)

8. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Any release date for ipad?

9. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    No. It's not currently being worked on, but hasn't been ruled out for the future.

10. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    For some reason I thought the next grumpyface game would be a collab with chaotic box.

No clue why. Was thinking "Wisperfish."

Grats on the release!

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ooo

got me wishin for a Grumpyface/PikPok collab.

Adult Swim sure can pick em.

12. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Thanks again for the love 'n support, all! If you enjoy the game and have a moment to rate it in iTunes, it would be very much appreciated!

Very cool to see people start to reach the last chapter :) We tried to get as crazy as possible with that one (and also up the challenge level at the one! See if you're able to "Triple Gold" it.. definitely not for the faint of heart!)

Thanks! Ha, Wisperfish" is great! Both Chaotic Box and PikPok are awesome studios. We are just loving being a part of the iOS development community in general and would love to work with any of these guys in the future!

We're currently gearing up to expand and very excited about the opportunities the next year holds :)

13. littlezoe

littlezoe Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
    A Grumpyface + PikPok game would be definitely an instabuy :p

14. Danjarus

Aug 10, 2011
    finally finished! got all gold breads and all achievements!!! now just making sandwiches for fun :D

are there plans for more levels?

15. GrumpyfaceChris

#75 GrumpyfaceChris, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
    Ha, we were actually just noticing you on the top of the leaderboards! Expect some competition from us soon..... :)

If you had a few moment to answer a few questions I'd love to hear some of your experiences and feedback.. So did you end up with a favorite stage or chapter? Were any of the achievements or gold breads particularly challenging? (It originally took me an hour to Triple-Gold the first Planet Nuzz stage! Ouch!) How long would you say it took you to 100% it?

We're currently working on a small fine-tuning update that should be out fairly soon, but other than that there aren't plans for a major content update at this time (we'll be taking a little break after this monster of a game!) It's never out of question for the future, though!

Thanks for your support and we love seeing someone 100% the game! :)

16. Danjarus

Aug 10, 2011
    #76 Danjarus, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
    1. planet nuzz would be my favorite level because it combined all the characters from the whole game. (is that viewtiful joe in japan level?) and i like the zero gravity portions of that level.

2. the most challenging achievements were Golden Gourmet and Fast Food.

3. the toughest gold bread to get is the one you cant get hit a certain amount of times.

4. it took me about 30 min and a lot of tries for each of planet nuzz's levels to get three golden bread.

5. 100 % of game about 2 days i guess. got it on release day.

the only thing i would fix would be the jumping. sometimes it feels like he wont jump when im running. especially on a cloud or the boat in italy. i need to come to a stop and jump. (I use the button controls)

other than that great game. loved the colorful characters and levels. nice variety of missions and level design. never got boring or repetitive. you guys deserve a nice vacation.

how does the overall game score work? seems like it only changes the first time i get a gold bread for stage. if i replay it, it stays the same.

17. GrumpyfaceChris

Thanks for the great feedback and details, Danjarus :)

The "Fast Food" (beat all USA levels with a total time of under 10 minutes) is easily my favorite achievement and a really fun challenge, I think. Would love to see everyone here attempt it!

With jumping issues, what your describing seems to be an issue that does pop up sometimes when trying to jump from a certain angle at a certain contact point off special types of platform, such as the curvature of the edge of the gondola or the edge of a cloud as it disappears. This is something we'll take a look at with the next update. Thanks for that feedback!

Overall game score is always based on your best total from all 29 stages combined, so if you're replaying levels but getting a lower score than before, it would not update unless you achieved a new record.

18. dreamingbri

dreamingbri Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Lol, I actually expected it to be some joke game where the woman is in the kitchen making sandwiches. But this still seems funny and fun, I'll have to check it out.

19. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Finished the game today. Which is great! I have a whole folder of unfinished platformers and while I thought I liked retro platformers, I have come to the conclusion that I really prefer platformers like this where a fall does not mean instant death. I still have a lot of golden slices of bread to collect, and a lot of achievements to get, so still plenty to do. Really liked this game. Good to see such an original platformer.

I did have the same problem that was mentioned before: jumping from standing still sometimes just did not work (I noticed this most in the very last level). It was really strange, it felt like the game stopped working.

20. macmulisha

macmulisha Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Teacher
    Florida
    Just got it, but so far it is nuts!!!!!