Universal Bring Me Sandwiches!! - (by adult swim / Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 19, 2011.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Are you serious, bro?

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The premise of the game is beyond silly. That doesn't mean the gameplay is anything but brilliant though. About time we get an effective Katamari-type game for the iOS. The platforming works great, the visuals are effective for the game, and hell, it's just fun to play. Makes me laugh every time a human talks. Loving Nugget's nose as well. Very well-made.

3. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Well, it's not just kitty in the sandwich. Humans too!!
    I guess it's cruelty to civilization. But hey, it's an alien who wants an earth taste burgers!!

This game is hilarious!!!

How can I watch the intro video again ? I don't seem to find any button for it since I want to watch it again.

4. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Just play the first level again.

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    What would you say is the longevity of the game?

(posted last page but it was at the end and seems to have been lost. >.<)

6. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Wow, just played 7 levels. This is easily one of the very, very best iOS platformers. Presentation, controls, level design - everything's just perfect. And it's A TON of fun. I'm deeply impressed. GET THIS GAME if you are slightly interested in the genre. You will love it.

7. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Just so you know: our team is doing a happy dance this morning over the warm reception :) Thank you, everyone!

We're definitely curious to hear even more feedback, especially about how far you've all progressed into the game and any suggestions you might have for updates!

From what we've seen and tested, the average first-time player will take about 3 hours or so to complete the main game if they don't stop to worry about replaying levels for better ratings or try to unlocking everything. For players who want to unlock every bonus level, achieve every gold bread, fill up their food journal, and get all the achievements.. I've had a few testers who took 8+ hours to achieve 100% :) (and that's a number we're really proud of, considering this is a platformer game (not to mention mobile)!)

8. littlezoe

littlezoe Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Lucid Dreamer
    In your dreams
    I'm just at lvl 4.. but the game is already fun :D

I love how i can put a lot of random things in the sandvich... and the characters are also funny :)
    At the moment i don't care about the time.. i just roam around and grab everything i can :D

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    GrumpyfaceChris, just a couple of things regarding the controls:

1) Even though I selected "Buttons" before even starting the game, when the tutorial came up, that option wasn't there. I was forced to choose between the 2 other options. Naturally, I paused the game and went into options and took care of it...so it's not that big of a deal. That being said, it wouldn't harm anyone if it were added, right? :)

2) I'm pretty sure the game doesn't memorize that I'm using "Buttons" as my control scheme whenever I exit the game...what gives? :p

Other than that...Holy mother of God, love the game to frickin' bits! :D

10. GrumpyfaceChris

Haha, thanks man!

With the stage 1 control tutorial, we basically decided to only show the two "main" control schemes, simply because we thought 2 options seemed less overwhelming to a new player than 3 options, and we figured the button mode was more of an 'advanced player' setting. But your second note about the game forgetting your control choice when you exit is definitely NOT intentional and shouldn't be happening...

Thanks for reporting that, I'll have to take a look at that one and if it's not working correctly we'll have a fix in the next update. :)

11. aggiedeals

aggiedeals Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Bring me sandwiches!! I love Adult Swim.

Instabuy

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #52 metalcasket, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
    You kind sir, have taken the...uhhh...grump...off my face? (please excuse the cheese >_>)

Yeah, I can definitely see where you're coming from concerning overwhelming players; definitely respect that. :)

Thanks for looking into the second issue. All I have left to say is "thanks" and that this game and your after-sales service have left me a very happy customer!

13. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
  14. Bertman

Bertman Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I'm not sure why but I love this game. It may be my favorite platformer on IOS and I have most of them. Love the style of this game a lot.

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Thank you for that!

Actually, now that I've used the buttons, I'm thinking the invisible slider option works better, which has NEVER been the case for any other game on my device.

This game is so much fun!! =oD

And yes, I have to agree... definitely one of the best platformers for the iOS. =oD

16. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Love the premise, love the voices, love the characters, love the art style, love the inspired gameplay, love the TV spot you put together for Adult Swim - the script for that commercial is spot on perfect, love the game! :D:D:D

Bring me sandwiches!!

17. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    It's nice!!!!! Lol I haven't so much fun from Pizza Boy release...yep

18. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    really enjoying this game! good work adult swim & grumpyface!

19. GrumpyfaceChris

#59 GrumpyfaceChris, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
    Thanks so much for the nice feedback, everyone! How are you all progressing through the game -- who's past the USA and what do you think of the later chapters? :)

I also thought I'd pass along our awesome promotional poster of the game! Enjoy! (click it for wallpaper size)

[​IMG]

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I'm in Italy right now... but I'm just playing through the game pretty quickly (not worrying about getting each piece of golden bread just yet)... but I'm loving it! Can't wait to get to Japan. Italy is a bit more challenging, with the characters that throw objects at you, opera singers, and guys on mope-heads thrown into the mix...

That wallpaper rocks! =oD