Universal Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead (by Headup)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 18, 2020.

1. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    There is usually no point to preordering anything on the AppStore other than to look forward to a brand new game. This is definitely worth $5 but the whole $5 to $2 switcharoo is complete nonsense.

2. metalwastebasket

metalwastebasket Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    It's undoubtedly a Black Friday thing, but I mean, I don't know...I can't help but blame both Apple and Head Up for these practices. If there was a week to 2 week long launch sale, we wouldn't be here. It's unreasonable to say they should have delayed the release a week and Head Up aren't US based, so I don't know if they were planning this from the start or if it's a result of everyone else doing it, but there was a graceful way for this to happen.

At the same time, Apple need to set some rules in place for shit like this to not happen. Maybe preventing developers from changing their prices before a month passes after launch or something. As it stands, Apple are so anti-consumer and I'm on the verge of leaving the platform (again). Google Play has allowed folks to refund anything within 2 hours of purchase/download literally for YEARS and I will never understand how Apple gets away with this shit.

3. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I'm on the same boat with you, on this.

4. metalwastebasket

Jan 5, 2017
    #24 metalwastebasket, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Man, I may have been very vocal about how much the immediate price decrease situation sucked, but I cannot praise ClockStone and Headup Games enough for how concrete this game is as a whole. From the flawless iCloud implementation (yes, I deleted the game when trying to get that failed refund) to how the game remembers literally every single object or command placed no matter when or where you kill the app. Also, considering how long gaming sessions of BC: TWD can be, with TONS of trial and error attempts in a single stage, the battery usage is absolutely phenomenal. This game is literally perfect for mobile gaming.

ste86uk likes this.
  5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @metalwastebasket that sucks about the refund I’m sorry to hear it, hopefully we keep the easy refunds when we leave the EU, but I think we were just copy/pasting the laws.

Anyway yes this is a great game and very good for mobile gaming, I’ve been playing in little bits as I’m not the best architect it seems so get stuck often!

6. metalwastebasket

Jan 5, 2017
    I've been refusing to move along without getting the badges and killing the entire horde (where applicable) on every level. On one hand, it's driving me batshit crazy (2-7, I'm looking at you)...on the other, there's an amazing sense of accomplishment when the stars align and you nail everything in one fell swoop.

ste86uk likes this.
  7. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    2-
    2-7: 4525 here ;)

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    u wot m8 :eek:

11489 here!

9. Phantom X

Phantom X Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    2-7: 3639 for me :D

10. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    I saw you took the lead in chapter 2 as well.
    Well done! :cool:

11. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Here you are ... have fun with the other 39 levels :D
    Hint: best score in 1-2 is 60 :cool:

Attached Files: