Universal Bridge Constructor Portal (by Headup Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Talbs, Dec 19, 2017.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    That is incredibly strange. I've never experienced that after any stage and after asking the few friends I have that bought it, neither have they.
    You should probably try contacting the developers.

2. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I read a 'developers response' to a review on the AppStore... the devs are aware of the issue that affects a very small percentage of users and they have now fixed it... they said that the ads will never show again for anyone...

So obviously at some point they've considered an ad supported version but released premium. Either way they say the problem is now fixed.

3. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Well HEYOOOOOOH... Good news then, yah? Strange that it only effected a small percentage of users... I wonder what the device/OS requirements were in order for someone to see ads... =X

4. OkyOky

OkyOky Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Interesting

I have never played bridge building game but seems funny and interesting. I think i will give it a try:D

5. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =P
    The more I play, the more I wish they had leaderboards for how much $$ you spend making each group of bridges. It'd add quite a bit of replay value if they had leaderboards for the least amount of money spent constructing bridges for stages (grouped off in 10 level increments, as well as the total amount of $$ spent for all stages)...
    Maybe it's asking too much, I dunno. But it seems like keeping track of how much it cost to build bridges in each stage and not having leaderboards for the most optimized solutions is a wasted opportunity.
    =P
    Other than that, this still wound up snagging a spot on my favorite 10 games of 2017 list.

6. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I haven't seen an official place for people to post top ten lists yet... I'd be interested in seeing yours, and others of course... #

7. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I can see what both of you mean. I think an acceptable compromise is to add an optional hint when people have been failing for too long.

Nowadays you can just google the solution so no biggie.

8. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=315768

=X
    To be honest, I probably haven't spent more than $50 on games this year (probably the first year since 2009 that I haven't spent upwards of $700-$1000 in the AppStore over the course of 12 months) - so it's more of a 'the 10 games I bought that were released in 2017' list.
    =P

But others can post their 10... I'm interested to see what everyone has enjoyed this year. And I got a few iTunes gift cards for Xmas that are just sitting there on my account that I really don't want to spend on movies or music (this year one of my resolutions is [like last year it was to play through a lot of the games I've bought for the iDevice, but never finished] to rewatch movies and offer up more attention to the CDs I've bought over the last few years rather than just dumping a bunch of $$ towards new media)...

As for BC Portal. I'm only on stage 45 now. A few of the stages have taken me days to solve (for convoys - the single 'drive' playthroughs obviously don't take as much thought since you can build something that falls apart after your vehicle drives over it). I'm hoping the game will last me another few months. Then after that I might go back, jot all of my convoy $$$-spent-on-solutions numbers down and try to better them as best I can. A sort of 'old-school' score tracking, just to give myself some replay value. I'm really, really enjoying having a new Portal related game to play through. Hearing Glados again is such a great thing. =P
    It's funny how much my brain loves that little computerized AI voice (I should see if Ellen McLain has done voice acting for other games... If not, she should - even filtered through whatever effects make it sound mechanical, it reminds me of Jennifer Hale [Mass Effect, Baulder's Gate, Metal Gear Solid, KOTOR...] and how perfect her voice acting is...)

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Just finished the game (yeah, I'm slow, wanna fight about it?) [​IMG]

What a great one... I'm so glad they brought this to the iOS... =P

10. Retro Flight

Retro Flight Active Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Male
    This game is awesome. Definitely get this you're at all a portal fan!

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Just purchased this, had it on my list waiting for a sale and it’s currently up for £1.99

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #52 ste86uk, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Oo I like this! I think this will help me get better for Poly Bridge which I sucked at with it being my first Bridge Constructor type game. This seems to hold your hand more and teach you and I’m finding it very enjoyable with the voice acting and gameplay so far.

I just wanted to ask does anyone know the usual price of the DLC? Obviously I’d prefer to wait until I complete the base game before purchasing that but just wondering if it’s also on sale since the game is?

I track app prices but I don’t really have anywhere reliable to see the past and present prices of iap within a game. Any recommendations?

13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    This masterpiece is currently 99p.