Universal Brickies (by Noodlecake Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 20, 2015.

1. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    Endless Bug Fix

Hey everyone. We identified and pushed a quick update to fix the weird bug issue on the endless mode. Thanks for pointing that one out!

2. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I did indeed read that article with the SHREDD developer. Interesting stuff.

Still can't get past Level 10, but that's probably just me sucking. Got so close a couple of times!

3. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I saw your mention of an update, but in case it still matters I am playing on a 5c.

4. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Thanks! Yea we were able to isolate it. Give the update a try and let me know if that fixed it for you. Should be live in the store now. Thanks for the help!!

5. TalKSicK333

TalKSicK333 Active Member

Dec 25, 2010
    #25 TalKSicK333, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Timer

Hello devs, I discovered a major bug with the timer. If you pause the game, then resume it, the timer resets.:confused:

Notice the scores on the images

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    #26 Ryan_Noodle, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Thanks for the tip. We actually pushed a fix already today that addressed this and another bug with the endless mode. If you update it, it should be all good! Cheers

7. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    There is an odd bit of slowdown that happens when playing using an iPad Retina Mini (Mini 2). Odd for a game that hardly seems like it would push the limits of the A7 chip. Hope this is a fixable issue because otherwise I'm enjoying the game.

8. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Update worked :) thanks for fixing that so fast!
    Great game.

9. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    There is a slow motion effect by design during the last few seconds of the round. Is this what you are experiencing?

10. clarsonx

clarsonx Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    I like the game, but will be deleting it unless there is some way to get rid of the ads

11. EnigmaComplex

EnigmaComplex New Member

May 11, 2015
    Getting crash after time running out on Endless. Timer runs out, bats disappear with ball, then a few seconds later of animation, game crashes.

12. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    The endless freeze bug happened again post update :(

13. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Hmmm we will keep digging. Does it do it every time or just sporadically? I have yet to be able to replicate on the new build version.

14. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Well it did it every time and then right after the update I got two games in smoothly then it happened again. I just played again and everything was fine. So I suppose it's occasional.

15. rza422

rza422 Active Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Heavy data usage

Hi guys, don't know if there's a bug with the data usage but it's rinsed through 2.6gb in a few days. I watched a few adds for extended time but probably only 3 or 4. Now have about 300mb left for the next 26 days...not ideal! Would recommend people turn mobile data off for it or keep an eye on what it's up to... Shame as I like the game a lot!

Attached Files:

16. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    That article is actually a horrible example of why not to put it in. There seems to be 2 types of people regarding ads, those who tolerate them and those who don't. I along with many others here don't. I download about a half dozen games a week and most of those games only get one shot because next week it is off to a half dozen more. This week for example, I bought the ads out on Yeti and Risky Rescue. Without this option I would have simply deleted them since the ads disrupted the gameplay. I liked Mr Muscle, but having my gameplay interrupted every few minutes by Kate Upton with her boobs flapping around as she rides around on a white horse advertising a game I will never play is just not fun. I am not going to watch the Mr Muscle updates for the next year to see if they put in an IAP to remove the ads. Same thing here, I didn't even download even though I am a breaker fan based on this thread. I won't be watching to see if an update is released months from now that adds this option. So putting the IAP in after a year and then being surprised that you don't get a lot of purchases is absurd IMO. By that point your user base consists of people who are clearly fine with the ads and have been living with them for a while. Just my 2 cents, do with it what you like.

17. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah, there's some truth to what guzzla says above (except for the Kate Upton boobs bit). If Brickies is a potential sleeper hit, investing the dev time to include an IAP to remove ads sooner rather than later could really pay off and be an excellent income generator in the long run. But I'm not a dev, so don't know the time/effort vs. ROI adding IAP requires.

18. tpianca

tpianca Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Loved the game, the design is just too good. The ads didn't importunate me much because they only show up once in a while and can be easily dismissed.

19. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=262147][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262097][​IMG][/thread] [thread=261739][​IMG][/thread] [thread=259548][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262138][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262141][​IMG][/thread][thread=262167][​IMG][/thread][thread=262180][​IMG][/thread]

Brickies

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

May 21st, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

20. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    I'm left wondering how the scores that are required to 3-star some of the puzzle pack levels were deemed suitable. They seem to be set beyond the point of infuriating. Anyone able to 3-star levels 3, 15, 16, or 19?