Universal Breakout Ninja (by Part Time Monkey)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Part Time Monkey, Jan 4, 2017.

1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Roger, that's awesome. 300 is crazy. Wish I could send you a gc friend request. :(

My high is only 155. Since scoring 155 I've scored 150 and 148 but mostly I only get to 108. I've died so many times at 108 I'm starting to think that something in the game changes at a score of 108 that I'm somehow not processing. Lol

2. Part Time Monkey

Part Time Monkey Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Monkey Man
    Helsinki, Finland
    fiskadoro,
    thanks, and great score!

sweetdiss,
    ooo nice! I think I tried getting in touch with you back in the Monkeyrama times but couldn't. Nice to hear from you and thanks for the great Monkeyrama article!

Yks,
    thanks!

forsakenxe,
    the game is meant to be fun for 30 minutes and then thrown in to the trash, so I think it fulfills its purpose pretty good. :) But you're correct; in order to make a game with a better retention one would need all those things.

ROGER-NL,
    NICE! I've been checking the highscore list and was wondering if you were a hacker! :D Now I know you weren't! That's an insanely good score.

sobriquet,
    haha, nothing changes at 108! I've also gotten 300 points 3 times, very frustrating! :D The game gets faster all the time. If you hit the PERFECTs, it gets less fast. So the perfects are the key to victory. :)

3. Part Time Monkey

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Monkey Man
    Helsinki, Finland
    ROGER-NL, btw, a friend of mine is Juho Räisänen who is on the highscore list with points 308. He is currently trying to beat your ass! :D

4. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah I got that about the perfects, I try to get every perfect for the first 150 points, after that it gets harder to get them in a row, it impresses me how a simple game like this can get so intense, great job dev.

5. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #25 sobriquet, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    I figured that was the case, lol. I'm pretty good at getting the perfect up until a certain point then it all falls apart on me.

Very good pick up and play game you've made here. Sorry you feel it's a throw away game. I think it has a lot of potential for being an awesome fighting game. See the game Counter of Death to see how they use the one tap combat mechanic to great effect. It's a free download, btw. Hopefully you'll get the funding one day to make a sequel with all the stuff being suggested.

Good luck.

Edit: I just saw the game is on the front page of the US AppStore. Good for you. Congratulations.

6. Part Time Monkey

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Monkey Man
    Helsinki, Finland
    sobriquet, yeah I just noticed it as well, it just updated. That is maybe the most awesomest thing ever! :D

7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    You are featured in the Dutch Appstore as well, congrats.

8. Part Time Monkey

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Monkey Man
    Helsinki, Finland
    Yeah, it seems to be in quite many countries. I'm so excited! :)

Also congrats ROGER-NL for still improving your score! :D

9. Part Time Monkey

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Monkey Man
    Helsinki, Finland
    Breakout Ninja has been downloaded so far over 300K times, and it's rising on many download charts. In the US it's currently #18! In New Zealanda #3, Australia #6, Germany #17 and Canada #18!

Part Time Monkey could not be any happier. :D

10. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Congrats man, well deserved, I hope more people will buy the unlock to remove ads.

I just got a new highscore of 371 points, still getting better and better, you just have to get those perfects going.

11. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I hope the developer realizes the potential they have here with this breakout hit.
    It literally has everything you need for a franchise game.
    Beautiful graphics, easy gameplay BUT very unique and very addicting gameplay, a theme that can be expanded on and is a hit with literally everyone who plays it.
    I tried it out and now I'm addicted .

Things that could take it to the next level
    Would be actually almost mimicking altos auto running game in which not changing the gameplay but adding some sort of currency to collect to spend on non gameplay changing items so highscore and collecting could be done.
    Adding more ninja moves along with bad guys and buildings to destroy.
    More places to visit through the adventure to see more stunning graphics.

Possiblities are endless. Hope they see thebhit that they have and build from it. Excited to see if they do updates and continue the success now that people are talking and strike while the iron is hot.
    Skyforce shows us that developers who strike from the beginning can keep more than half their fan base with continuous updates.

This game is def 5stars
    My high score is 187 . Found this today and want to jump back to it

12. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    PG gave it a bronze award and said it could be something great, make those levels! Featured by the app store. Congrats! What's with the you'll play it for 30 minutes and delete it mentality? You have a hit here. Don't be self defeating, and don't abandon this game because it's fun. I wish you success, do the same for yourself.

13. Part Time Monkey

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Monkey Man
    Helsinki, Finland
    Thanks Jayg2015 and brianj22!

Because of its success I will definitely do an update! I'm already quite far on the development of the next update already. It's gonna get 5 levels with 3-star rating in each (it sounds lame but it feels pretty good already) and each with a HARD mode too.

Here's a sneak peek. I've spent most of time developing the menu system and saving the stars and stuff, so the level is still a bit crude:
    www.parttimemonkey.com/private/BreakoutNinjaUpdatePreview.mp4

14. Part Time Monkey

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Monkey Man
    Helsinki, Finland
    Haha don't mind the soundtrack on the video! Didn't realize Fraps also recorded what I was listening to. :D

15. Part Time Monkey

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Monkey Man
    Helsinki, Finland
    ... and still another thing: the update will be out at some point February, because I'm going on a holiday for two weeks starting saturday, and I did not expect Ninja to receive this much good fortune to plan for it!

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city

Looks absolutely amazing. Sound is another thing though but I read your comment. Hope it comes quick . But awesome job

17. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I am playing this game on an Ipad Pro on a stand, so I think this is an advantage for me because I don't have to hold my Ipad in my hands, I just put my right thump slightly on the screen and just concentrate on the circles and hit those perfects baby ha ha, for once in my life I have an advantage, it reminds me of the BBC serie Fawlty Towers were Basil said in a scene for once in my life I am winning, he had won some money but one minute later his wife took it from him so funny.

Got a new score of 397 by the way and without the hackers that would make me number 2, great year so far, but I see AndyC83 is climbing the boards so I am not sure for how long.

18. Part Time Monkey

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Monkey Man
    Helsinki, Finland
    ROGER-NL, I went ahead and removed the hacked scores again. Still not sure about the 506 score, though. Can't remove it though... It is possible.

Huge congrats on your (likely) best score in the world! :D

19. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Thanks for deleting the Hackers, I think 506 points is possible if you get all the perfects in a row, but it's really hard.

20. Part Time Monkey

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Monkey Man
    Helsinki, Finland
    Good luck trying! :D