Universal Breakneck (by PikPok)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 2, 2015.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Awesome!

I'm fine with this. I am connected with Facebook. The reason I asked was I normally do not purchase consumable iap if there are no cloud saves because what then happens if you get a new device or your current one breaks. I'm happy there is cloud saves. Thank you again for the reply.

I look forward to all the future stuff. Customizing will be awesome.

I played a bunch last night. I'm really getting into the game.

The only thing I would say so far is the amount of coins given out while playing is way too low. There really does need to be a 2x iap. Sometimes the runs last a few seconds and you
    Spend hundreds on boosts and get 12 coins.

Do you see what I mean? Perhaps a bonus for distance traveled should be given too? I feel that I can't really use boosts.

Billy

2. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Not trying to offend but I think you just need a bit more practice. I average about 80,000m per run, and just hit 164,000, and I always have enough coins for perks. I usually get at least 150 per run, this last one I got about 350. Between coins earned and free perks given as rewards, I ALWAYS am able to use perks. I have 3 perk slots unlocked and it is very rare when I can't use all 3. Just keep it up, learn the layouts of the different zones, and I'm sure you'll come to find that it is actually very well balanced.

3. LazuliSpoon

LazuliSpoon New Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Loving the game, but this is the key point I think. It takes a while to gain the skill/experience that the economy seems calibrated to, so loads of people will give up on the way. Perhaps there could be a tilt in coin distribution: 1st zone has 3x normal amount, 2nd zone has 2x normal amount, then normal amount thereafter. This would help beginners get the fun of using perks without skewing the whole economy too much.

4. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    #104 H4nd0fg0d, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    Ya, I'm with ur assessment GS. I'm easily averaging 80 to 90k in a run. I believe the game to be tilted a bit to the more fair side. I wld have preferred a premium model. Also, the controls seem to need a small bit of refinement. So with more content via ships and upgrades planned, I believe PP has a winner on their hands. It is addictive but not as refined as Race the Sun which I do prefer. Also, I'm running on iPhone 6 and have yet to see my frame rate suffer. Kudos PP, good game indeed.

5. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Sorry to hear you are having trouble :/

Do you remember what the zone you were in looked like when the frame rate was worst? What OS version are you running on your phone?

We've had some weirdness where some people are experiencing trouble while others have none at all, and are trying to zero in on what the differentiating factor might be.

The good news is that the team continues to work on performance and has made further wins in that area. Don't think they will appear in the update being submitted currently, but maybe the one after that.

6. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm rlly hoping you guys n gals can smooth the controls a bit. They are rather a bit jerky and abrupt. Maybe employ the same scheme Race the Sun uses where there is a gradient effect as to how quickly your ship turns as u move toward screen center the turning slows. Rlly my only gripe to an otherwise fun and beautifully rendered game.

7. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Update soon?

8. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Update version 1.1.3 is now available on the App Store.

This update includes some minor performance improvements and bug fixes (mainly around UI flow and incorrectly triggering ads etc). Let me know any feedback and if you have any trouble with this update.

The team is working towards another update submission this week that will include more substantial performance improvements and further content/functionality including the initial customization rollout. Stay tuned for more details.

9. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Another quick turnaround update. v1.1.4 is now propagating to the App Store. Identical to v1.1.3 except this update now features Replaykit.

Still working on a more substantial 1.2 update getting submitted soon.

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Awesome!

I hope you add a coin doubler IAP I'd definitely buy it.

I play the game everyday.

Billy

11. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    A coin doubler has been discussed this week.

It definitely won't be in the next update. But it might appear in the update beyond that or at some point in the future, either as a standalone purchase or as a "bonus" aspect of the existing "First Time Offer". The details and timing are still being worked out.

And thanks for playing the game every day! Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

12. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Breakneck is awesome!

Hey PikPok, I just wanna say that Breakneck is a very awesome game! Thank you for the making such a beautiful AND relatively balanced game! It plays beautifully, and the interface is gorgeous! Do continue to update this game! Keep making your customers happy with content and properly balanced currency output and costs. I love the challenge!

I've stopped racing the sun because of you, hehe! :p

13. sean91499

sean91499 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    #113 sean91499, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    I'm not sure if any of you are aware but just a headsup, the game works on iPhone 5 :) just use the iFunbox method (Buy/"Get" the game on iTunes then install it with iFunbox by finding where iTunes stored the .ipa file). Hopefully this will be optimized for the iPhone 5 soon just like Star Wars Uprising

Edit: sadly the game crashes at Zone 3 T_T (as expected-ish) BUT the game does work technically, Hopefully PikPok would update this game to "officially" support the iPhone 5.

14. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington

While it is conceivable we may look to support devices lower than the 5S, right now our efforts continue to be focused on making the most of the currently targeted devices and ensuring we continue to optimize for the best experience there. And with the release of new phones this week, we have additional work to be done there.

In other words, possible, but don't hold your breath :)

In other news, customization is almost here! Check out the video preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=25&v=5vg_n82oRkY

15. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Version 1.2 of Breakneck has been released and should already be live in all territories

v1.2
    change notes

- Critical bug fixes for iOS 9 Asian language display issues.
    - Introducing new feature: Play and collect kits to customize your speeder!
    - General bug fixes and performance improvements.

We'll be enabling the ability and communicating around how to get/unlock more kits next week.

16. KingJimmy101

KingJimmy101 New Member

Sep 29, 2015
    New version

Hi Pik Pok,
    Breakneck is fantastic and am looking forward to understanding how to get the kit upgrades.

I did notice with the new release that the coins collected during a run do not update to your total. It's only after the end of your next run that it shows your total. I'm on a 5S.

Thanks for the game and looking forward to its evolution as it has amazing potential.

Cheers,
    KingJimmy

17. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Great to hear you are enjoying it.

You are gifted a kit by connecting online/Facebook. Kits can also now be part of the tournament prizes, and this week you'll get the Ignition kit if you finish in the top 75,000 people.
    [​IMG]

More kits and other ways to unlock them should come within the next couple of updates.

Will pass on the feedback about the coin reporting issue. Thanks for raising.

18. KingJimmy101

KingJimmy101 New Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Thanks for the reply. Just thought I'd clarify the coin issue. Updates after first run and crash, but not after subsequent runs.

19. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    The team had actually already found that by the time I'd told them, and they already have a fix in place for it that will appear in the next update.

20. Hakuryuu

Hakuryuu Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Hello !

I'm enoying Breakneck, but I have one complaint about the handling of the ship : when I try to move to the left side (on an Ipad, the left side would be the side with the camera), the ship won't move, or just slightly move. I hope this can be fixed, it's kinda hard to appreciate the game with this bug...