Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Mar 1, 2017.
This totally should have been called "The Eggsorcist"
Hi! I'm Pete Ellison, I did all of the art & soundtrack for #Breakforcist, developed by Kevin of Lucid Sheep Games.
I just wanted to drop in and say thank you for all the nice comments, I'm glad people are enjoying the game and "getting it" This is my first video game so that makes me happy. I really wanted to make something inspired by the style of arcade game I grew up with in the 80's/90's and put my art/music style on it.
For those enjoying the music, I just wanted to point out that the soundtrack is available on Bandcamp & we've done a limited edition 7" vinyl (angry egg-colored) with our friends at The Yetee! All links are here: www.peteellison.com/breakforcist/
Good suggestions, thanks!
Yes! Gaming with a purpose now, thanks again!
Hi everyone! I'm Kevin, the coding and game design half of #breakforcist! Thanks so much for giving our weird game a chance, it's been a blast developing it. If you're enjoying it please consider giving us a review! In exchange, here are some tips for high score chasers!
* The biggest source of points are the end-of-wave bonuses, which get bigger on each wave. Wave and Speed bonuses are pretty self explanatory, but you're probably wondering how the "Style" points work. Simply, they're based on your Combo when the wave is cleared! Full comboing the wave or just ending with a big combo will help a lot with points!
* Unlock all the powerups! Powerups unlock at goals 5, 10, 15 and 20, and are all really good. The one at 20 is game-changing - it provides a shield that will save you from death once! Your best scores will probably involve chaining a few of them together over the run.
* A good strategy is to intentionally lose your ball after activating a freeze powerup (unlocks at goal #5), so you can precisely line up a shot (maybe at a bomb cluster or powerup) when it respawns. The well will stay frozen even if you lose your ball!
* On the flip side, don't hit bombs during a freeze - the well will not get knocked back!
* Plan your wave strategy during the count-down for each wave. Each wave is hand crafted and often has a specific strategy that will take it down quickly. Generally you want to get a powerup ASAP, or go right for a bomb cluster. Some waves start with very low blocks - make sure to destroy them right away or you'll face a quick death!
Thanks again for playing, we really appreciate your feedback! Feel free to ask me or Pete anything.
PS: My high score is currently #1 on Game Center at 216,358. I challenge you all to beat the developer!
I just left a well deserved 5 star review, and I'm rooting for gotw. First Mul mash, now this. Great time to be a brick breaker fan! Are there any plans for additional content? (Not that it really needs it)
Thanks so much! No plans yet, next is getting it ready for Android.
Oh ok. Like I said it doesn't really need it anyway. It's a perfect little arcade game! Best of luck with it!
Any penalty for letting the ball past the paddle?
When you miss a ball it gives the grid more time to move down (the ball takes a moment to respawn) potentially ending your run. You also lose your combo.
LOVING this game! The music is just AWESOME and the gameplay is top notch. With MUL.MASH. releasing last week and then this amazing display of demonic breakfast weirdness, it is an exciting time for fans of brick breakers.
I am gonna be playing this one for awhile! Right now I'm 16th on the leaderboards (only for the moment I'm sure) apparently with 105,892. I made it to wave 7...it gets insanely hard!
Can't wait to unlock all the music and stickers! Props to the devs, this game is incredible!
Thanks! So far in loving the game.
yeah, this game is freaking awesome!
the music is dope!
the gameplay is supersmooth!
the difficulty is so hard, OMG!
with 111,279 score i'm only 15th on the leaderboards.
Great highscore chaser, and fun unlock system.
Holy crap. I love this game. It's a great modern twist to classic brick-breaker gameplay. It's so addicting and has that "one more time" charm.
Really gunning for that #1 high score spot. Just managed this which sits me in a very reasonable 8th place in the world. Will make sure to update you once I get #1.
This could give you some good tips how to achieve a high score.
My god, that music is infectious! And it's really getting me in the mood for some waffles, coffee, and bacon! #
So strange, so cute, so fun! Just frickin get it! This has been an absolutely epic week with some really quality releases!
Wow great score, thanks for recording some of your gameplay! Wave 10 has one of the coolest comebacks I've seen, I think you were like 5 frames away from death when you got that freeze! Looking forward to seeing you take down my score!