Universal Breach & Clear - (by Gun.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 17, 2013.

1. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Can the developer make the new updates delta updates? Some said it would reduce the total amount of free space needed. I constantly have less than 1GB free. Currently 340MB free only.

If your customers cannot update, they cannot buy your new expansion packs...

2. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    #982 Twenty One, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    Never mind

3. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    I finally killed enough apps to update Breach and Clear. Are there any plans to introduce mixed missions, like defuse bomb and escape? Or kill all terrorists which changes to defuse bomb halfway through the mission?

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm having some issues with pressing the save&quit button after a mission, it seems like there's no feedback to say if its been pressed or not and I'm having to press it a few times before anything happens. Maybe a noise or colour change for the button being pressed or maybe there's just a problem with the button since the last update as I've never noticed this before.

5. ThePraetorian

ThePraetorian Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Producer/Community Manager
    Kentucky
    We're evaluating what we're going to be doing right now, but anything's possible.

We added in a few bits to help show the user their accomplishments, credit gains, XP gains as well as show status to next level for each teammate. As soon as all of those instances are shown, the three buttons at the bottom will work. If you save and quit, you will be sent back to the main menu.

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #986 Gwarmaxx, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    same ooooomonkey problem here, and in addiction i have an issue with replay savings, i.e. the word "recording" freezes on the screen even though i'm watching another one, and top of it all, i can't go in Everyplay anymore, so i don't know if the recording feature works fine... :mad:

i'm on iPhone 4 with iOS 7.0.3, can you fix this? thanks!

7. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yeah I mean after seeing what rewards and so you get, trying to press any of the buttons to move on to the next mission or save and quit, they don't seem to respond very well. I have to keep pressing them before anything happens. :confused: it didn't use to be like this.

8. ThePraetorian

Feb 14, 2013
    Kentucky
    Yeah, it was a deliberate design choice to get users to see their progress. It's a bit different for users that have been playing for a while now, so it might take some getting used to!

9. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Ah ok, just felt like it wasn't responding, at least if it's deliberate I understand.

10. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I love this game to death and have had it from day 1.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play it for the past few months because one of the first updates made it very crashy.

Every time it gets a new update I try it out again but it still crashes.

I'm on an iPad 2 and have tried closing all apps/ restarting and have the most recent version of ios and B&C.

11. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    iPad 2 here too. Running iOS 6.1.3. Zero crashes when playing the latest version of Breach & Clear. Have you been rebooting your iPad? I do it daily...

12. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    iCloud support? Haven't had time to okay this game yet and deleted it to make room for other stuff.. Thinking about re-downloading it but hoping for iCloud support...???

13. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Are we still getting multiplayer

14. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I don't remember that we were ever getting multiplayer?
    Not sure the fast paced nature of the game would suit multiplayer,
    I'd love to see a mode where we were the terrorists having to stop the B&C team.

15. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    That is a good idea. What is the next update or IAP expansion? Is the Russian thing worth it, as in does it introduce any new elements or is it just five more maps?

16. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I don't know what's coming next, the Russia pack is just a new location with five new maps that you can play all three game modes on just like the other locations. It's a mix of inside buildings and outside in the snow. Personally I still love the very first location for its close combat feeling in the offices.
    I thought it was worth throwing an extra £1.49 at the devs as I play B&C quite a bit and it has had quite a lot of free content added over the updates.
    I also picked up the new clothes pack :D

17. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    I just got this game and love it but a couple of things are frustrating me. These are the issues I've encountered (I am sorry if any have been mentioned before but this thread is too long to read it all):

- It is not clear which objectives need to be met to score 4 stars. I know time is a factor as well as damage but it would be nice to see it spelled out per mission so I know which goals I need to meet. Now it is often frustrating as I've completed missions with damage and got 4 stars and completed mission without any damage and only got 3 stars.

- That stats you can get to upgrade after a soldier levels up are not explained. I would like to know what each stat does and what the benefits are of updating them. Now I am not sure what the smart choice is.

- I have no tactical training and know very little about how to clear & breach and how to own every angle. I think I figured a lot out just by playing but an in-game tutorial which explains the basics of owning every angle and giving some helpful pointers would be appreciated.

Other than that I am loving the game. The graphics are really nice, the controls intuitive and it seems the dev team are all stand-up guys with a real interest in their players. All in all I am very happy with my purchase.

18. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Play the original Rainbow 6, the one with the pre mission planning, then you will breeze through Breach and Clear.

Making the right build is key to not dying, otherwise covering all angles won't help too much.

19. ThePraetorian

Feb 14, 2013
    Kentucky
    Hey everyone,

We've been heads down with pushing out an update. A few users were having problems with Germany and Mexico missions, but we've resolved them. This goes for all iOS and Android players!

As for what's next?

We'll see :D

20. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    the 3D camera mode is only at the beginning? During my phase, or when hitting replay, can't find any button to go 3D camera, any help?

Haven read all posts yet here, just wondering quick if fogging the area before breaching door is more realistic?