Universal Breach & Clear - (by Gun.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    the suggestion that sanuku give about when you clear a room and someone says "Clear" could that be something viable?

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Oh, I didn't know this was (at least partially) by the guy behind Saturday Morning RPG. Crap. I love that game. But I don't want to free up the space and I know I'll have to delete down the line.argh.

3. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    They aren't useless if your gun jams or somehow you are disarmed. While they aren't used TO breach and clear (usually), no soldier would contemplate such a thing without a sidearm.

4. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Which I might do. See why I prefer documentation? Because I might VERY WELL find something else to do. For some reason, I can think of only one game which came with a .pdf bundled: Lords of Midnight. It would be easier than coding tutorial mission w/ walkthroughs, I would think.

5. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    There will never be another Jagged Alliance 2. Which was as much a role-playing/high-level strategy game as it was a tactical strategy game.

6. ThePraetorian

ThePraetorian Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Producer/Community Manager
    Kentucky
    Hi Greyskull,

I happen to be the MIL oriented guy on the team as well ;).

You are absolutely correct that they do play an important role in helping as a backup, or for use when in incredibly tight spaces (ladders, small holes where 10.5" rifles wont fit...), we've considered pistols in development, but due to their rather limited use have decided not to have them in the game.

That doesn't mean they can't be in the future. Our fans are going to be driving the content. If we're hearing that pistols are something that people want, we'll give it to them!

We are going to have more diversity in the weapons/gear coming out of the pipeline soon enough. Launch has very US oriented weapons/gear (given that most western European and even Russian units are more and more embracing US equipment....it was the logical choice to start.)

We'll be engaging our users after launch to get a good pulse on what's wanted!

7. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I've been thinking about this comment and concern. I really do agree with it (I will still purchase the game tonight :) )
    One way devs could get around this (and allow us the freedom to delete app off device as desired without being penalized) is to offer the perk as a free DLC. That way it would be tied to your itunes account and could be restored at a later date....just a thought that crossed my mind

8. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    File size ?

What's the file size after installing please?

9. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Thank you. That was the only detail holding me back from a purchase as I like to replay favorite levels again and again for fun and money to upgrade. Will pick this up come 11.

10. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #90 ojtitus, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    From the first two pages of this thread it is mentioned that it is around 700-750MB installed.

Edit: apparently that info was not accurate, sorry. Good thing the developer is very active. Which I really appreciate.

11. ThePraetorian

Feb 14, 2013
    Kentucky
    #91 ThePraetorian, Jul 17, 2013
    The team will talk internally about recovery of a golden gun, but again...we do want to entice early adopters and reward our fans after all ;).

I'm sure we can come up with something!

346MB install, 500MB size.

The game is a premium title, we will in no way ever impede players after they've purchased the game. We don't ever want you to feel like you have to purchase anything other than the initial asking price!

12. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    This.

Despite all the possible issues I have in purchasing B&C at launch... this is the one that affects my actual purchases the most because my kids are all on 4th gen iPodTouch systems. Usually I try to purchase games not just for me but also that interest them. My oldest son would probably get a kick out of this game as he loves strategy games. He can run GTA III & VC, Modern Combat 4, and plenty of other more complex looking games... but B&C with much smaller environments is a no go? I know there's nothing that can be done now, but please consider adding more hardware compatibility even if it means the game grows in size a little for the lower end art assets or whatever.

Despite everything I've posted, this is the game I'm watching the most tonight. Pending feedback of the game, I may get it. I know, so much fuss over a couple bucks, but to me it's not about the money but will or won't I actually play the game and enjoy it. I had no problem with Limbo's asking price which was the first new release I've bought knowing my kids also wouldn't be able to play it.

13. ThePraetorian

Feb 14, 2013
    Kentucky
    Certainly, we understand your concern! It's an issue on the assets and management of resources within the game, and Breach & Clear is very heavy on assets. A lot of time, effort and work has been put into the detail on character art and models for guns, as well as the customization systems. Simply put, they put a strain on lower end devices.

Can something be done down the road? Perhaps.

We really do appreciate your concern and feedback. To the team, there was an insistence on getting a good, quality game in the hands of mobile gamers. The more quality you get though, the tougher it is for the game to run on older hardware. The iPod 4 is turning 3 years old in a matter of days. Heck, I personally own and use an iPod 4 myself.

If something can be done, you're darn tooting we're going to go for it, but we do have a balance that we want to maintain in accessibility and quality! It's unfortunate the iPod 4 didn't make the cut.

We do hope you'll consider your own purchase on another device! We'd love to hear feedback!

14. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #94 Rip73, Jul 17, 2013
    I'm pretty sure in the context of the related posts we were talking about use as a primary weapon, not secondary or backup.

My ultimate point was that it would be nice to see handguns added at some stage in which they would be applicable to the scenario involved. Tight spaces, collateral damage considerations, and the like.

15. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Thanks for replying.

I guess it's time for me to get rid of this ancient device and buy a newer model.

16. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    That is an absolutely phenomenal idea and I'm ashamed I didn't think of it! I think we can extend the period of this offer into the next update and we will re-implement as free DLC. That would certainly make uninstalling a much simpler thing. I think we will take this route with all future incentives.

Thanks for the idea!

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Josh said it above before me, but its worth repeating that is an excellent idea.
    Well done.

I'm wondering does it take out the day one reward element or how one would factor that in but either way, its very clever.

18. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thank you

19. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Multiplayer?

20. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    The official install size is 710MB, not 500MB.