Universal Breach & Clear - (by Gun.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 17, 2013.

1. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    OK, I think I've answered most of the concerns in the thread so far. I'll try to check this thread throughout the day to answer questions/concerns. I'm at our publisher's mercy when it comes to discussing forthcoming additions to the game, though, so try and keep me out of trouble by not asking for anything too specific with regards to future content. :p

(And please look to the previous page for a bunch of posts from me, I might already have an answer out there to address your concerns or feedback)

2. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Superb. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
    All over this!

3. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Is this the jagged alliance we are waiting for?

4. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    In a kind of sad and depressed way, I'm happy I can't get this right now. I need to finish Deus Ex!

5. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Not out in UK yet.

16:23
    17th Jul

Sat opening link all the time to make sure.

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It won't hit the UK till tonight close to midnight.

7. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Usually it's midnight on the nail for me. Sometimes even then apps will not show with a normal search but I can find them by searching for the devs name instead.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yep, that's what I use as well.
    Sometimes the links on the front page of the thread works as well, but not all the time.

The devs with a huge list of games are the hardest because you have to scroll all the way to the end and the new is literally the very last one. :)
    Funny how the little things can annoy the impatient mind.

9. trundley

Oct 29, 2010
    Or just use App Store link in first post. I guess I'm up till midnight tonight then :D

10. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    So in the descriptions for requirements it says ipod 4th generation but it also notes that the ipod 4G is not supported. Will the iPod 4G work even though it's not supported?

Thanks for the info.

11. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Don't think so, but frick that would be so frickin' awesome. :)

There really is nothing that holds a candle to Jagged Alliance in the app store right now but it's nice to see more quality tbs games being churned out...
    Still excited for tonight and haven't read one concern regarding gameplay that's giving me any hesitation to purchase tonight

12. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    It's not supported looking by the post in the upcoming thread

Never trust the requirements info on iTunes devs are not allow to change that info always read the description first

13. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    No, the iPod 4G was crashing on the menu when we were developing the game. In order to circumvent that the game now redirects anyone on an iPod 4G to a screen informing them that it does not work on their device. It's all we could think of to keep iPod 4G users from getting too frustrated, and it at least gives you a clear idea that you'd need to get a refund ASAP.

Unfortunately Apple does not let developers specify the devices a game works on, so the official Apple compatible list is only a good thing to go off if the game's description doesn't say anything to the contrary.

14. Shyft

Shyft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Woah Canada's what? JTF2? Never heard If it, that makes me interested and wanting to do some research!

15. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    If it's any consolation we played a ton of Jagged Alliance 1, 2, and Back In Action as research while we were designing Breach and Clear. In the end, I don't think much of that rubbed off on the final design, but we are big fans of Jagged Alliance! Maybe some of the inspiration will shine through?

Other games we looked to for inspiration were Rainbow Six (the guy who helped me start Mighty Rabbit was actually one of the founders of Red Storm and a designer on the original R6!), Full Spectrum Warrior, Sabre Team (old DOS game), X-Com (new and old). Oddly enough, we didn't really look at Frozen Synapse much. We were aware of it, but it wasn't until after the game got to the state it is in that we realized how similar it was, haha.

We actually came up with the base concept for the game play after looking at a presentation on room clearing from a SEAL trainer. The presentation just showed all these room configurations with units, lines, and vision cones - the game play was derived directly out of that.

16. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Can the missions be replayed to collect more money?

17. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Not needing any consolation, no worries :)
    Great research material you noted and feeling very positive about this game!
    You've already turned me into a loyal fan from Saturday Morning RPG so I have no concerns with you or your quality.
    Honestly hope this game proves much more successful for you

18. trundley

Oct 29, 2010
    If you try to install it I think it will tell you that it is incompatible and not work.

19. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Is there a zero dark thirty scenario here?Hehe...I really like that movie...

And if there will be a speacial seal team six squad..Those are gona be my main boys...:D

20. ThePraetorian

ThePraetorian Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Producer/Community Manager
    Kentucky
    Yessir. Harder difficulties net higher rewards!