Universal Breach & Clear - (by Gun.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 17, 2013.

1. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Very excited to see this, and looking forward to impressions from the lucky folks who live across the sea. :)

2. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Now my watch begins..:D

3. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    LOL! Finally somebody feels the way I feel.

4. CharliePrince

CharliePrince Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    is this fps? or does it have a directional pad?

touch game?

anyone? :confused:

5. m0ncrieff

m0ncrieff Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2012
    It's strategy, dude.

6. squabs

squabs Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah it's good, just played a couple of missions, crap this is going to keep me up all nite! Pretty much Frozen Synapse, a bit fiddly placing waypoints and moving the camera view point on ipad mini but you get used to it quickly

7. HansSatori

HansSatori Active Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Not the games I usually play but I will prob give it a whirle

8. squabs

squabs Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Sky gamblers, r type and this, man what an awesome nite

9. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

;)
    You're not alone! I've been hyped for this game since the first screenshot. Had 3.99 ready, but this launch deal is even better.

Us hardcore IOS gamers need to support a dev who casts aside F2P mechanics to focus on delivering a premium game

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'm very hopeful a lot of people will support this one.
    Brave decisions made all round.
    Been very active and open in the upcoming thread.
    Rewarding the early adopters.
    And as you said earlier on, looking to build a good community which they made a strong effort in.
    But importantly, if it gets supported, they'll update it, add to it and make it even more awesome.

And after watching Sanuku's videos (thanks dude), I'm even more hyped for it. It just looks and plays very cool and I suspect I'm gonna be very addicted very quickly.

11. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

All very true. I can't tell you how many promising F2P games I've deleted because of "wait walls" and other freemium practices. It's frustating and I have no patience for that stuff. Unfortunately it seems that those games make the most $$. I just hope that B&C is successful and gets good reviews. Dev's decision to go premium shouldn't be punished with crappy sales

And yes, the impression videos look awesome.

12. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Aw man. Well it's only tomorrow. By then I'll have it :D

I hope this game does great, because it deserves to do so.

13. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#34 Sanuku, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    First Mission:

Things I would like to see in the upcoming Months:
    • When I clear out a Room that one of the Squad Members just give me a short "Clear" Feedback. The Game is called Breach & Clear but currently it`s more Breach & Silent
    • A Countdown so I can time better the moment when my Squad enters different Rooms at the same time to avoid too much noise coming from different directions and have therefor an bigger inpack on the bad Guys when I storm a room/building. The old Rainbow Six Games (before Ubisoft destroyed the Franchise) had that Countdown and I literally spent more time with planning a Mission then actually watching how it worked out in the loger run :D
    • Being able to kneel down!

Message to the Developer:

The added Tutorial Videos are simple crap. It would be great if we could get those with actually someone explaining to us what is happening and/or how something should be done.

The current added InGame Tutorial does explain the Basics of the Gameplay but adding those Videos to explain the feature that make Breach & Clear actually stand out of the masses of TBS Games on the Market is simple the worse decision someone could come up with to be honest.

Either add those Voice over to the current Videos or create an hole Mission Line in which every of those Features that are more or less unique and therefor make Breach & Clear shine are explained to the Player since at the current point the Game is more or less loosing a lot it`s potential since those Videos are at no point on the same Level as the rest of the Game.

14. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    This game looks like everything I wish Frozen Synapse was and for 1/3 of the price! I still think it's too good to be true...

15. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Great comment :D

yep this looks like a must buy !

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Was waiting for this one. 3 more hours. :)

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Oh boy. Not this again. So this is like Frozen Synapse in that most of the game needs to be learned through videos? Or is the in-game enough?

I hated the FS devs for not having a proper in-game tutorial. I learn by doing. Not by watching.

18. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I'm guessing that if the perk is early adopter only, it also means you can never remove the game from your device without losing it. I'm getting sick of devs thinking my iDevices have infinite storage space for games which are probably over 500 mbs uncompressed.

19. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Add a .pdf to the download package for crying out load. I never learn how to play these games because devs are to cheap to hire a technical writer.