Universal Brave & Little Adventure - (By Dmitriy Kashirin)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Gonna download this game as soon as I get an iTunes card. Speaking of comparisons to Tiny Thief, really wish Rovio Stars would update that game to be playable on iOS9...

2. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Buying it now glad it was available in jp stores

Good games like this should be funded and devs effort should be paid

3. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Grabbed this with the quickness. Will play at break.

4. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Looking forward to playing this as well. Downloading when I get home from work.

5. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Vote done sir

6. :D Thanks!

7. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #28 y2kmp3, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    Finished game. Completely agree that the game shares the same charm as Tiny Thief.

A couple of minor gripes (not so minor when I discovered them at first):

Level 14 - The message that
    the wolf has escaped initially
    is very misleading. This misdirection should be removed, as it causes the player to mistakenly believe that they missed the achievement and that they have to restart the level to retry. I did so about a few dozen times and eventually gave up on getting the achievement to finish the level, only to discover that
    the wolf appears in the end for that achievement.

Level 15 - The stealth window (both time and distance) to bypass
    the fox
    is too tight. There should be some visual hint to the
    edge of detection
    by the fox. There is none right now. I had to move inch by inch to discover it. Even with this knowledge, I found that the character barely makes past this stealth sequence because the window is too short.

Perhaps you can consider addressing these two minor issues in your next update.

Aside from these minor issues, the game is top-notched. Some of the hidden object mechanics may give pause to players who do not like playing this subgenre, but none of them are unfair.

8. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    If not TA I'd never hear anything about this game. Guys, you should get some PR.)

9. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Looked at the first screenshot, and mashed the buy button with full force. Me and my girlfriend love Tiny Thief, so this'll be a fantastic experience.

Also, I'll buy the unlimited hints option to support the devs, and because I got the game on such low price.

10. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Just downloaded this after reading what people on here are saying. Looks really good so far and well worth the price.

11. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    also bought. Adventures aren't really my thing over an hour, but this one has art and charm, and it only cost a euro so there :)

12. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I like it, im glad I bought it and it's well worth the price but I can't help shake the nagging feeling that I'm playing a copy of tiny thief only just not quite as good....

13. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

Finally, tiny thief is one of my favourite games, i've been waiting for a similar one. This game is super fun and gorgeus, i love it.
    P.S: Love you to bits is also worth checking out, a game coming from the creators of tiny thief.

14. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Be warned of a major glitch in Level
    4-1
    . If ever reset the level, you lose the opportunity to get the
    red gloves
    and therefore could never complete the level with 3 stars. Your character would be shown to be
    already wearing the red gloves
    so that you could not get the star for it again to beat the level perfectly. Even if you exit the game and restart it, the bugged achievement persists.

15. Thanks for the feedback! This is NOT a bug. You can take the gloves only once per game. The bird flies away forever.
    We will improve it in the near update

16. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #37 y2kmp3, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    If this is the case, the status indicator for this gift should be lit whenever the level is restarted. Currently, if I restart the level, the indicator is not lit. Consequently, it is impossible to score the star for that level since the game is at most registering that only one gift is found (by ignoring the gloves I got previously) and both gifts are needed to be registered to score the star.

Also, there are other levels (for example, level 1-3) in which the bird will respawn to trigger the gift whenever the level is restarted. Why is this level different?

17. Without a doubt, this is confusing and will be fixed in the update.

18. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Very nice game, but not near the quality of Tiny Thief. Still, I am really enjoying it.

19. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Great game but needs mid level checkpoints.