Brainsss Update 1.5 Coming soon! [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodGreen, Aug 9, 2012.

1. RodGreen

RodGreen Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    #1 RodGreen, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    Hey guys,

Sick of Zombie games yet?! ;)

Just a quick heads up that we're preparing to release a new update for Brainsss.

Here's a Screenshot with some of the new Heroes.

[​IMG]

We addressed a lot of the concerns and requests players had as we as adding some pretty big gameplay features like Heroes, Casual Mode (one touch), drops (BBs), Top Down mode, Grouping toolbar etc. Which we feel give the players a huge amount of options to play the game the way they want.

Brainsss 1.5 Update (coming soon!)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New Highly Requested Features
    *Multiple Zoom levels though simple pinch interface
    *Top-down view mode available for the RTS players
    *Group Save and Recall via the new Grouping toolbar for the RTS players
    *Game Speed can be set to 3 settings (Slower, Normal and Faster)
    *Improved and more responsive controls
    *Optimized levels for dramatically faster loading
    *Brainsss Bucks now appear as random drops from humans

New Simplified Casual Mode
    *Everyone can play through a intuitive and simple one touch control
    *No need to worry about groups or managing the camera
    *Uniquely balanced gameplay for each mode
    *Brainsss Bucks are shared across modes
    *Extensive new help system

19 New Unlockable Heroes
    *As you earn stars you are now also able to unlock special Hero zombies
    *Each zombie has unique attributes and some even have special attacks

11 New locations and 15 new levels to make a total of 72 levels

New iPad 3 native GUI, New Icon, iCloud Support, Left-Handed mode, New Unlockable Comics, New achievements, Improved Zombie A.I. and Crazy Golf Carts!!

2. RodGreen

Mar 1, 2012
    Official Trailer Released

I just finished up the Official Trailer (literally stayed up all night putting it together for you guys).

Hope you like it:

Sorry for the terrible thumbnail (youtube seems to have butchered it)

The planned release date for the update/relaunch of Brainsss is 30th August (next week). We'll be doing some promo code giveaways closer to then - so stay tuned :).

3. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Sounds good Rodgreen,will stay tuned.

4. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Nice updates. :)

5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This game already got some nice reviews and the update sounds fantastic. I am looking forward to it.

6. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Nice Rod, really love the game and best of luck

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Tested this... Played with the Casual mode a lot. It is casual alright, and it is fantastic at being casual and enjoyable at the same time. I like how the game puts you as a Zombie hero and you provide some stats changes to other zombies. Graphics are pretty good too. Overall just enjoyable. I played with the regular mode a little just to make sure i covr all parts of the game for the testing, and the controls seemed solid. I just didnt put much time on this mode to give a deeper feedback, but the casual mode definitely got me hooked.

8. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Me to tested this update and it was a blast played some levels in Strategy mode but played a lot in the Casual mode really fun I recommend this game to every one once the update hits the app store

9. superninja

superninja Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Looks interesting! Wonderful colors! amazing job:D

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Also tested it and casual mode was a nice addition :) Well I didn't try it before update, but the casual was nice practise!

11. Yeah, am looking forward to the update since the original game is really fun. Noticed reading the updates that I haven't tried the grouping toolbar, for any of you veterans out there, is it funner playing that way? Or is it funner playing more casual with just one group. I assume in the simple casual style, you can only play with one group right? Or am I missing something?

12. RodGreen

Mar 1, 2012
    Yeah, we designed the casual mode so that it can be played with only one finger. Auto camera panning (though it can be panned if you wish), no splitting of groups and therefore only one group. You can still double tap to add a waypoint to your guys and Heroes are just as powerful.

We also had to modify how the humans run away from you, since you're not able to setup traps by splitting your groups. So we had to slow the humans flee speed and make sure they didn't get to far.

Also level based achievements aren't earned in casual mode. Though you can still earn the 'converted 50 Medics', 'converted 100 Police', etc achievements

13. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Awesome! That's good to hear.

If I'm honest I'm just posting here to see how my signature looks. Edit: yes, the signature looks AWESOME, thank you for the compliments.

But this game looks good, I'll def. give it a try.

14. Yeah, I think I'll try the advanced grouping mode later today. The simple mode has been quite fun, so time to try it a different way.

15. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Can this game be downloaded in Canada?

16. RodGreen

Mar 1, 2012
    It will be available on the 30th worldwide (i.e. next Thursday)

We pulled it from the store because of the update and because we're planning the 99c sale - so we didn't want to burn people who bought it just before the sale.

TL;DR Not at this moment - 30th August is the official launch date :)

17. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    RodGreen: It is really nice of you to pull the app before the sale price drop, but the game surely is well worth the $3. I am looking forward to the 30th!

18. Interesting concept of a blackout before the big update and sale. Hope it makes for more happy customers!

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks in advance for the sale; I feel like a smuck for not picking up Brainsss earlier.

20. RodGreen

Mar 1, 2012
    Really that's probably our fault. We didn't do such a good job spreading the word, so we're trying to make up for that.