iPad Brain training?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lyliade, May 20, 2009.

1. lyliade

lyliade Active Member

Apr 29, 2009
    What is the best Brain training game available on itunes?

2. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    #2 eggzbacon, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
    [app]Brain Challenge[/app]

[app]Brain Tuner[/app]

3. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
  4. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Brain Challenge is probably a good choice for you. But I hardly ever use it. Instead I like to work my brain by playing logic puzzle games. You end up getting more of a workout than you realize because they're usually more interesting and fun.

I'd stay away from Braineous (sp? the one with the monkey). I personally didn't care for it... but it may have been because they used mostly standard types of puzzles that I already owned in much nicer standalone games.

5. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I agree :)

6. Those are all decent but Who Has the Biggest Brain is $1 and I say it's worth it. Originally it was $5 then like $3 and wouldn't recommend it at that price but for $1 I say it's good one. All games are 60 secs and are the traditional ones you'd find in most quality brain games on say Nintendo DS.

7. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Does this game require that you challenge someone else or would it be suitable to only ever use by yourself?

8. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I'll just add this to mrbass's post

Who has the biggest brain? also has facebook connect and allows you to compare yourself to your friends that have played on the iphone and facebook app versions of the game.

Can't go wrong for a dollar

9. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    After playing, the game tells you how big your brain is based on your skill.

It is a one player game though you can compare your brain size to that of your friends

10. gcl

gcl Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    #10 gcl, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
    IQ boost - dual n back ftw

based on dual n-back exercises, IQ Boost is worth your attention. Clinical, but backed up with study results. I have and enjoy it mainly for the progressive statistics.

11. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    I second this notion that IQ Boost is good. Cost me $4.99 but I think is worth it, simple because it does rely on your thinking and processing.

I hated Brain Challenge because alot of the mini games are based on colour, and for colour-blind players like me, who cannot easily differentiate red from green, will alwayslose those games. Other games have successfully mitigated this problem with alternate colours and shapes, like Galcon and Gemmed! So why not BC? I emailed them and they just said "thanks". And this was right at the beginning of the App Store....

A more economical option could be Memory Matrix and it's twin app, Sperd Brain. But still not as effective as IQ Boost.

12. lyliade

lyliade Active Member

Apr 29, 2009
    #12 lyliade, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
    brain fever

brain training !

13. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Dr. Kawashima will be out during the next few weeks. I would wait.

14. lyliade

lyliade Active Member

Apr 29, 2009
    i think it's brain jogging,no? it looks like it
    when it will be out kawashiam?

15. ivanovich

ivanovich Well-Known Member

If you really want use your brain, why not play puzzle games like mine (idonutConnect) i'm sure that this kind of games are mor useful for your brain :cool:

16. Sweet that'll probably be the best one then. I hope they combine Brain Age and Brain Age 2 into one slick brain app.

17. Khayman

Khayman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    "Brain training Unotan" är riktigt bra.

18. lyliade

lyliade Active Member

Apr 29, 2009
    very original game!!