Android Brain Games Genre - Making to Top Charts

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by premk, Nov 1, 2020.

?

Do you think puzzle games can make good revenue

Poll closed Nov 22, 2020.
  1. Yes

75.0%
  2. Not Much

25.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Don't Know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. premk

premk Member

Oct 31, 2020
    Male
    #1 premk, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    I recently observed that brain games, the kind of tricky puzzle games have been topping the charts. These games are simple, yet challenging and refreshing. This proves, you just need a game that keeps the players entertained and don't need AAA quality graphics to succeed. That is a big boost to indie developers who don't have huge budgets for making AAA-quality graphics. Let me introduce my venture in this space. This game was released about 6 months ago and has gone through multiple rounds of optimizations and now it is getting good traction.

[​IMG]
    Game Features

Fun and easy to play brain teasers
    ❤️ Out of the box, lateral thinking puzzles
    Play alone, in a group, or along with friends.
    Easy and simple but funny and refreshing game process
    ❤️ So many trivia questions to boost your brainpower
    Great exercise for the brain.
    Simple and highly addictive gameplay.
    Short and easy to play game
    Short microgames as challenges
    Slide and rotate puzzles

Game URL
    Brain Jam - Brain Game is available on Playstore at
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.figsky.brainjam

Thank you, wish you will enjoy it and I hope to get reviews from all of you to make the game better!

Martyna likes this.
  2. PewPewOnYou

PewPewOnYou Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2020
    Male
    USA
    #2 PewPewOnYou, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    I think it’s always better to do your best and quality will always bring value to potential buyers. I don’t like how the tower defense genre was saturated because the same beliefs mentioned above. I believe that that sort of saturation has given subscription-based services like Apple Arcade an attractive look. I don’t think it matters whether a game is potentially lucrative but matters more if the game was made with gamers/buyers in mind. The consideration of your audience, in my opinion, stands front and center. These days, during these times, people are looking for a connection, or in others, a disconnection. Innovative gameplay and hard work are obvious and appreciated. I think everybody’s now up to speed with the Flappy Bird bs, so just be careful. But if it’s only money that you want, a 9 to 5 would be my best advice, and I think the most successful developers would agree. I wish you the best and hopefully, your game shows much love because it is why I show my favorite developers love with my hard earned money.

3. Witlogic

Witlogic Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I think this is a viable market and good opportunity for a independent developer to target. I think the biggest challenge is actually that analytically minded players who enjoy this category do not spend as much a gamers of other categories.

4. premk

premk Member

Oct 31, 2020
    Male
    What is a good KPI for the puzzle category? The hypercasual category has a high D1 of above 40%. Typically what is a good D1 and D7 for the puzzle category? Can anyone help, please?

5. Marcelo

Marcelo Active Member

Jul 15, 2018
    Male
    Game Maker
    The Netherlands
    I would say no, but that is only a personal experience. I made eight puzzle games myself and I think they are pretty good, but I think it is awful difficult to get attention.
    Every time I put a game on the Play or App store, it gave me the feeling I showed it to the world, but not much later it felt as if I had thrown my game in a deep dark pit. Still, I like to make puzzle games and I think it's a wonder how easy it is to put it on a world's platform.

6. Martyna

Martyna Member

Nov 17, 2020
    Female
    Yes brain games are the most popular games in the last 6 months, but for now I see many tricky puzzles that hasn't any new concept and some of them copied from brain test or brain out that were the first tricky puzzle games.

7. premk

premk Member

Oct 31, 2020
    Male
    You are correct. I found few things in my analysis of the sector. if you look at those tricky puzzles, even in the first entrants like brain out, you will find that, many puzzles are already there way back in many online websites. It is just that most of those came to mobile recently.

Martyna likes this.
  8. Martyna

Martyna Member

Nov 17, 2020
    Female
    Brain below, braindom, brain up, brain it, brain boom, brain crack, ... o_O:eek: I think it's a bit too much for brain games!:(

9. premk

premk Member

Oct 31, 2020
    Male
    And to that list my game, Brain Jam also :)

Martyna likes this.
  10. Martyna

Martyna Member

Nov 17, 2020
    Female
    Could you please share one of those websites ?

11. premk

premk Member

Oct 31, 2020
    Male
    Martyna likes this.
  12. Martyna

Martyna Member

Nov 17, 2020
    Female
    Yes! do you use organic methods to increase your installation or Google ads and other paid methods ?
    Your rating is 4.2 that sounds good!

13. premk

premk Member

Oct 31, 2020
    Male
    Yes, initially to get the app in front of the users, I have used Google Ads and Facebook ads. And once people install the app, and if they like they will provide reviews and ratings.

Martyna likes this.
  14. Martyna

Martyna Member

Nov 17, 2020
    Female
    I think no brain game can reach +100 million installs like brain out and brain test! We have to wait for a new genre of puzzle games, brain games are saturated!

premk likes this.
  15. premk

premk Member

Oct 31, 2020
    Male
    I totally agree. But remember every day new people are coming to mobile gaming, so there is a new market even in saturated places. It is just that we need to find a place. From my analysis, there is no genre that is not saturated. It is an intense competition everywhere.

Martyna likes this.
  16. Martyna

Martyna Member

Nov 17, 2020
    Female
    Yes it is but if you see the trend for brain out you see a very strange drop!

Attached Files:

premk likes this.
  17. premk

premk Member

Oct 31, 2020
    Male
    We tried to enter the brain game markets ruled by games like brainout. Realized we are late to party and since our game was not much different from others, we failed to make any impact. Few users totally disliked our game. But yes, we learned a lot from these feedbacks and will make better ones, (definitely not brain games like the ones that exists now) in future. I totally agree with you that, brain games like it exists now is saturated. Your analysis is totally correct. Thank you.