iPad Brain Builder Picture Wise (by JAVIRA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Javira, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Javira

Javira Active Member

Feb 21, 2015
    #1 Javira, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    AppStore Link
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brain-builder-picture-wise/id963229309

Quick Facts
    • No tedious typing. It's multiple choice. Less hassle, more fun!
    • Sketch and scratch your way through tons of creative questions.
    • Relaxing, yet challenging gameplay, for the whole family.
    • Draw using as little pencil as possible for the perfect score.
    • Are you a visual thinker?

Why did I make this game
    I created the game because I was frustrated with similar titles. All other games use real pictures and you don’t have to scratch for long before you guess the picture.

In addition you also have to spell/type the answer to each question. It’s difficult and tedious and you don’t have to play for long before it becomes clear that the game is not about guessing the picture but the synonym for that picture.

Brain Builder Picture Wise is different in the sense that all pictures are pencil sketches, not only do they serve a greater challenge but they also make you feel like a professional artist as you try to uncover them.

Furthermore, the game is multiple choice; Each question has six possible answers. There is no need to spell or type anything in this game, the focus is truly on the puzzling sketches, as it should be.

There is also no time limit. I wanted for players to slow down and unwind as they play this game. It starts fairly easy, but quickly becomes very challenging. Not only are some sketches more detailed and difficult, but they are also inverted or even rotated in later rounds.

About Javira
    Danish indie developer and one-man studio Javira run by industry veteran Tue Damkær Jensen. The studio has previously collaborated with other developers on titles that did well on the App Store, but Jensen’s goal has always been to develop and publish his own titles. Brain Builder Picture Wise is the first of many in-house games planned to hit the market soon.

Learn more about Javira at www.javira.com

Follow the studio on Twitter here and on Facebook here

Press information available here

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Javira

Javira Active Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Hey Puzzle fans!

If you are going to GDC this year, make sure you swing by booth #736 and demo Brain Builder Picture Wise. Have a great event this year.

3. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    Game Impressions

Javira, i wasn't sure if i should post this here, or in the post where i got the promo code.

I have had some time to try out Brain Builder Picture Wise Pro.
    Right off the bat, i will say this, it's not as easy as people may think it is to try and guess what the pictures may be.

I was taking the bus yesterday and got stuck in traffic, so i decided to try BBPWP, a few minutes in to the game, a lady taps me on the shoulder and asks me what's that app? Long story short, within a few minutes i had 3 people trying to guess the pictures.

The design of the app is simple and clean with smooth animation. The overall color scheme works well with the different blues. Having only played it a short time, BBPWP never crashed or lagged. BBPWP is an app that i would keep and also recommend.

Thank you again for the promo code Javira.

4. Javira

Javira Active Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Thank you so much for the bus story, it made my day :) Stories like these are why we are making games, so thank you for sharing.