Brain Blaze Vocabulary released - Need reviewers studying for SAT/GRE

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by M of IMAK, Jul 12, 2009.

1. M of IMAK

M of IMAK Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    iPhone App Developer
    Austin, TX
    We just released Brain Blaze Vocabulary with the 156 most commonly found adjectives in SAT and GRE prep books. Future updates will include nouns and verbs. If you are studying for the SAT or GRE this summer, or just want to increase your vocabulary, and are willing to share your multicolored progress grid with us (or with the world - feel free to post it to this thread), please PM me and I will get you a promo code. We have divided the words up into 12 different sets of increasing difficulty, and we want to find out if there are any words that need to be moved around to different sets.

This is from the description on the App Store. Please post any questions or feedback to this thread. Thanks!

DESCRIPTION

Educational content created for ages 14 and above. This app is especially designed for anyone studying for the SAT/GRE tests as well as those wishing to improve their vocabulary.

FEATURES:
    • 12 sets of words of increasing difficulty level
    • 13 words per set (156 flash cards total)
    • 4 bonus review sets for often missed words
    • 6 multiple choice answers per flashcard
    • 2 display modes: sentence and definition
    • 3 unique multicolored grids track your progress

Attached Files:

2. This one looks kinda hard. Could you have a quick definition overview of the words. Kinda like a quick study section and then pop us into the quize section mode. I feel I'll probably get 80% wrong or so and I know they'll repeat till I nail them but seems like it'd be easier if I was able to review definitions prior to the quiz.

3. M of IMAK

May 26, 2009
    iPhone App Developer
    Austin, TX
    Excellent suggestion. How about if I add an option to the settings that will allow you to pick 0, 1, 3, or 5 wrong answers. Then, you can start with 0 and work your way up.

I have promo codes for 3 more reviewers, so they will go to the 3 people that first correctly answer one of the flashcards above.

4. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    dang I know almost all of those word and I'm in 7th grade :p

5. #5 mrbass, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
    showing warmth and friendliness = amiable...don't know the other two.

Basically I was thinking of KanjiPop it has a hint feature so even though you choose the wrong one the answer is shown thus allowing you to study.

6. thepoisonivy

thepoisonivy Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Chicago, Illinois
    If I am correct the answer to the first question is "Wanton"

Im a senior in college so i would love to know if this is correct and i might have to give this app a try.

7. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    i would think, the first is "ubiquitous" since that would refer to the mosquitos being everywhere at once

8. M of IMAK

May 26, 2009
    iPhone App Developer
    Austin, TX
    The answers are ubiquitous, winsome, and amiable.

I've got promo codes for everyone who posted to this thread, so just PM me if you would like to review a copy. I don't want to be responsible for y'all being less educated than a randomdude 7th grader ;)

9. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    After looking at the screenshots, I realized my vocabulary sucked. :D

10. Any update on this? Still want to give it a spin.