Brain App - Hit iOS brain trainer enhanced for Mac. Only $4.99 this weekend.

Discussion in 'Mac App Store Games' started by ChrisMayer, Jan 8, 2011.

1. ChrisMayer

ChrisMayer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Developer / Designer
    Chichester, UK
    #1 ChrisMayer, Jan 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
    Press Release
    Over 19,500 iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users in more than 50 countries have given their brains a work-out with Brain App, and now it comes to Mac! Brain App presents a variety of rapid-fire math problems in quick succession to exercise the brain. Brain App tracks progress and encourages users to improve day-by-day.

MacAppStoreReview.com has this to say "The activities are simple enough to start right away but aren’t so simple that they become mundane. Brain App is a great way to keep your mind in top shape!" ★★★★☆

Four Brain Exercise types have been included in the initial release of Brain App for Mac, with more to follow as free updates.

Speed Math (30sec and 60sec Modes)
    Solve as many equations as possible with the time limit. Points are awarded for solving each equation, and deducted for a wrong answer. You can choose to play for either 30 or 60 seconds at a time. Easy / Advanced / Genius Modes.

Balloon Burst
    Burst the numbered balloons from lowest to highest. There are two difficulty settings, in Easy Mode a point is awarded for each set of balloons you burst in the correct order. In Advanced Mode points are deducted when you make a mistake. Beautiful photo backdrops enhance the experience in this new version.

Card Count
    Multiple playing cards are thrown onto the screen. Quickly total the value of the cards. It's not as easy as it sounds though - most are numbered, but Jacks, Queens and Kings will get you thinking fast to total their values.

Missing Signs
    Given only two numbers and an answer, you must figure out if the numbers have been added, subtracted or multiplied. A test of logic and math skills, answer as many correctly as you can within the time limit. Easy / Advanced / Genius Modes.

BrainApp IQ
    Introducing BrainApp IQ - a global score based on your results in all Brain Exercises.

"Since Brain App's release on iPhone in February 2010 the positive reviews have come flooding in, users love it and I'm thilled with all the positive feedback on the App Store. Review sites such as AppCourt are calling it one of their favourites. I'm excited to bring the Brain App experience to the Mac App Store, and look forward to adding more features in future versions on all formats" - Developer, Chris Mayer

Requirements
    Mac OS X 10.6.6 Snow Leopard
    2GB RAM
    10MB free hard disk space

Pricing and Availability
    Brain App for Mac is available for download right now from the Mac App Store, priced at $4.99. iPhone and iPad versions are also available.

Download
    Brain App for Mac on the Mac App Store

REVIEW COPIES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST

[​IMG]

2. mgford11

mgford11 Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Is there 5x as much content as the iPhone app? 5x better graphics? 5x more fun? Did you work 5x harder on this app than the iPhone version?

Why are developers pricing apps based on the size of the screen in which they are displayed on?

3. ChrisMayer

ChrisMayer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Developer / Designer
    Chichester, UK
    I worked very hard on all versions on Brain App. I have made less than $500 from the iPhone version in the 11 months it has been on sale, largely due to the low price point which I am forced to sell at.

I could not afford to offer the Mac version at that price, nor would I want to devalue my game - which is fun, and is well worth $4.99.

Thank you.