Boycotting $10 gameloft games etc

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by acidshaman, Sep 24, 2010.

1. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Wow? Calm down before I get a mod to suspend your account for excess rage...

Guess I'll just ditch the iTouch market then? the PSP and the 3DS will play movies and music just fine?

Why even buy an iTouch then? All that happens is you get stuck with old games.

2. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    Never? How could you know, have you predicted the future or something?

Certainly not on the App store as it is now, but saying it will never be there is just stupid.

3. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    You say they're too expensive, then rage.
    Someone says you shouldn't buy them if you think they're too expensive.
    You buy them anyways.
    You rage again.

See the problem?

4. Lifein2D

Lifein2D Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Student
    Canada
    Haha, that's what I said. But it's just a troll, I'm actually looking forward to Modern Combat 2. Yes it's a total rip off of cod. But you know what?

COD isn't available for the iDevices. So I'll take the next best thing. Not to mention epic games like Crescent Moon develops. Rimelands, Ravensword, Aralon, and Ultra Boy.

With the unreal engine that just recently got released. We'll be seeing a lot of higher quality games. At least in the visual sense.

5. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    #85 acidshaman, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
    I NEVER SAID THEY WERE TOO EXPENSIVE. Show me or shutup

I DIDNT BUY IT ANYWAYS. Its sarcasm, because people kept telling me to just not buy it, obviously I figured that out myself...

edit:
    With the unreal engine that just recently got released. We'll be seeing a lot of higher quality games. At least in the visual sense.

When?????? When the iPhone 5 comes out?
    Product Cycle Ending, new release coming soon
    DONT BUY REVISION UPDATE SOON

This is what macrumors.com will say when we see these games

6. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Acidshaman, you ARE thursday night live.

7. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    no u

8. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    You know what... it's all starting to sink in. You've convinced me, Eureka! I don't know how I couldn't see it before :eek: Please forgive me. But now I'm with you, let's boycott and grab some pitchforks too. Down with Gameloft!!! DIE HATERS

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I don't even know what this argument is about anymore. Either way, I think most Gameloft games look like shallow, uninspired clones/ports of games I should be playing on a PS3. So I don't buy them... and I'm happy with that :)

10. NolbertoS

NolbertoS Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    I LOL'd so hard in this thread and honestly not even a good criticism thread, more like "I hate so and so thing"...Twitter is your friend, if you want to post your thoughts. Talking about how so and so developer is ripping you off, doesn't warrant a thread...I'd say lock it or see where this goes, cuz it's still spinning circles to me.

11. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    Im saying the iPhone 4 was a waste of cash I guess, and Im sure glad I didnt buy one; the new games arent even coming until iPhone 5; and then no one will even pay more than $7-$10 on one... but they'll buy $40 of stale graphics games every other month, instead of enjoying one great game in the same duration

Ill just get the 3DS at this point because all I use my iPod touch for is music+games; and if there are no games, well everyone does music?

WHy even buy into the iTouch?

"Im going to buy this $400+ device so I can play old games or get zero content games because no one else is buying this crap"

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Wow, you just spent a day's lunch money. k gtfo.

13. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    :confused:

14. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Ok buy a 3DS and leave? Is it too hard to make decisions for yourself :confused:?

15. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    Maybe because Im an APPL shareholder and Im interested in Apple products not Nintendo?

and an apple fanboy

16. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    This dude sound so much like Michael Scott. Reborn?

17. da shiz wiz 19

Sep 24, 2009
    Then why did you bring the 3DS into the discussion? Buy the 3DS if the ipod 4/iphone 4 exclusive games (which is what you're asking for) aren't good enough for you and problem solved.

18. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    Yet the iPhone 4 could have easily been running these games...

guess some dreams die hard

edit: Why even buy the iTouch then? any of you?

I dont see any "exclusive" games that are better than anything on the PSP or 3DS, but the hardware costs DOUBLE the price pretty much

19. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I still don't get it... now you don't think iPod Touches are worth buying? There are more games than just the stuff Gameloft puts out. I don't buy any of the big, ambitious, 3D clones but there's still more than enough content on the store to keep me occupied.

20. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    #100 acidshaman, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
    They told me to buy a PSP and gtfo... dont they even support their own market?

No one else is interested in seeing PSP games on the iTunes store? I am

edit: and I sure as hell dont see a reason to spend another penny on a device double the price of a PSP to play angry birds and other joke games

Do you??