Boycotting $10 gameloft games etc

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by acidshaman, Sep 24, 2010.

1. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #61 acidshaman, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
    Im not saying its too expensive? Try reading before posting...

Well maybe you enjoy that kind of treatment but I don't...

According to you guys I might as well just never get a new iPod or anything because even though Ill spend $400 on the latest technology not more than a tech demo and shilly sword game content are released?

Saved me $400 then, gracias

2. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    ooo that hurts

3. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    What?

4. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    now I know why you call yourself "acidshaman"

5. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I'm not trying to be rude or anything but I still don't understand your point, you're upset because we're paying too little?:confused:

Is this a backwards world or something?:confused:

6. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    i like this

7. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    Because Gameloft pushes out a new party-popper esque game every month for $10, rather than 4 months devoted to one game @ $40

And see my post above, apparently there is no reason to ever get a new iPod then, because Game Devs will be supporting 4+ year old devices

8. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    It takes more than 4 months to make the game. And have you seen Epic Citadel? Gameloft isn't the only game company out there.

9. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I think you made a typo

10. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    #70 acidshaman, Sep 24, 2010
    But how long is PLAYING? Why do I care about dev time?

Yes I saw Epic Citadel, and as of yet I have heard NOTHING about anyone making games with it, except some shilly sounding sword fighting content to fill their tech demo with

Whats the point of this new tech then? iPhone 4/touch was a total wash then, if no games are even released until macrumors.com says DONT BUY PRODUCT REVISION SOON

11. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    Fine, have you seen Aralon: Sword and Shadow? And let me remind you it was an example, and that there are many more devs out there.

Yeah, yeah I know... don't feed the troll.

12. Lifein2D

Lifein2D Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Student
    Canada
    How has this thread not been closed yet?

We have an idiotic troll that can't decide what he's actually trying to say...

If you think a game is over priced then don't buy it. Simple as that.

13. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    All I saw of it looked very 3GS (A+ improvement over this GTA game), and Ive been waiting for it like everyone else..

Cause your the idiots who think Im saying its overpriced? Maybe they read threads before closing them? Dont worry about mods, you'll never be one obviously.

edit: all I can say now is Im glad sure I didnt rush out to get an iPhone 4, playing this GTA game on an iPhone 4 would give me little angry baby tears

14. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    To be honest the iPhone doesn't seem to be for you then

15. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    If you are sick of Gameloft "clones" and would rather play the real deal then, get another gaming device, because it's never going to happen, then fork over anywhere between 2 and 6 times as much as Gameloft is charging, and shut the hell up. You are full of stupid, because clearly you don't even understand what the idevice is. There are real GTA games available for the PSP, so buy a PSP and get them, because they will NEVER be available on the AppStore. The games that Gameloft copies they do so because the original game for which they are copying will never ever come to the AppStore.

Or, if it's the pricing that pisses you and you think that all these games should sell for a dollar or something, then you go out and buy your stick figure games and doodle games and castle defense games and zombie games and line drawing games and Minigore knock-off games, all of which sell for .99c and shut your damn pie hole.

You, sir, are full of stupid, full of troll, and full of fail.

16. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

See boys and girls, Acidshaman is one of those elitist dbags who thinks that now that he has the latest in technology, everything should be made just for him and the other wankers who get a boner over graphics. Never mind the fact that the amount of iDevices ALREADY available as compared to ones released within the last 6 months outnumber his precious by millions.

By all means let the developers screw themselves because you want something pretty.

17. wootbean

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    go get a ****ing DS and $40 games and get the **** out of here

18. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    #78 acidshaman, Sep 24, 2010
    Obviously the gameloft fans have entered...

All I'm saying is I have yet to see anything beyond a tech demo and a game coming out on last years tech...

According to you I should wait, every 3-4 years to upgrade my touch; and I'm an idiot for expecting relevant games to be released?

How long have the iPad and iPhone 4 been out? And all we have months later is a tech demo, with ONE game 'Project Sword'; coming out...

see above, if you bought an iPhone 4 you pretty much screwed yourself.. dont expect your tech to even start being useful until iPhone 5 is out already (and theres alot more than Retina Display in there)

19. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Cool story bro.

TC: If you don't like the game then don't buy the game. You're not forced to buy them...

20. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #80 dumaz1000, Sep 24, 2010
    And nobody will develop Epic Citadel/Unreal Engine games for the iDevice because they are too expensive. They are too expensive to develop and will have to be sold on the AppStore for too high of a price. These games could easily cost between 19.99-39.99 if they existed, which places them right in the price range of the DS & PSP. If you want truly elite, premium games; true console quality games, then either buy a PSP or a 3DS when it comes out. That level of gaming will NEVER exist on the AppStore. Not ever. Accept it, act like a man/adult, and stop crying about it, you sniveling little brat.

Like I said, you obviously have no understanding what the AppStore is. I don't know if you are just a little kid or something, but you don't get it.

I am not a Gameloft fan, but this is not a hardcore gaming device. If that realization makes you butt-hurt, then it's pointless to continue. The level of progress you seem to be craving just won't happen. Like I said, you lack intelligence enough to even understand what you are arguing about. It's like I'm an adult trying to argue with a five-year-old. There is no point.