Universal Bowmasters (by Playgendary)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 12, 2016.

1. RedThumb

RedThumb Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2016
    Today's update brought 2 new characters.
    They also renamed pretty much every one of the old characters and remodeled some of them. Licensing issues?

STILL it crashes more often than a wrecking ball on a busy day.
    STILL there are extreme framerate issues
    PLUS they reordered the buttons for game-mode in the most counter-intuitive way-

So, total fail in my book.
    Why don't they concentrate on the real problems?
    What good is a new character, if I can't play it more than once without crashing?

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    They got rid of the only character I actually wanted, the storm trooper likeness one.

Argh.

Billy

3. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Every time I try to continue my tourney after the update, the game crashes.

You've got a fun thing here but there's def some kinks still could use a bit of ironing out.

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #104 ColeDaddy, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    Just saw that there is going to be another update coming soon. I just re-downloaded the game on my Air with the latest iOS under the hood and it crashed 5 times in as many minutes. I hope this will be addressed in the next build. It seems that it hasn't since I pointed this out many moons ago.

Edit: I'd recommend playing the game, but unless the extreme bugginess isn't addressed, I advise users not to spend any cash. The game is entertaining on its game-playing merits but the crashes are true buzzkills. Caveat emtpor if you're willing to show support via iaps like I did.

Also, the dev mentioning the upcoming multiplayer in post #105 is fine, but the fact that there's no mention of bug-squashing is a concern.

5. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    #105 warcrack, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    MULTIPLAYER update for Bowmasters!

Updating game Bowmasters next week on 17/10. Bowmasters has been very successful aim and shoot game and now we are excited to introduce the multiplayer mode using Game Centre’s features!

There is no need anymore to play simple one on one duels as the new version includes:
    multiplayer game where players can compete with each other online
    best practices of using of Game Centre’s features (also we can share our experience of introducing it with your readers)
    many new awesome characters from all dimensions ( Tanithmetil- gorgeous elf king, Barbara- awesome cat lady, Penny- Top 1 selfie nominee and many others!)
    even better epic duels with new sick weapons where you can show what you're worth!

6. frank1994

frank1994 New Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Nice game, but it's too easy.

7. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does the game sync progress between devices?

8. RedThumb

RedThumb Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2016
    Since today's update, it crashes like never before.
    Practically unplayable.

9. fancysnake

fancysnake Member

Sep 15, 2016
    I love this game.

10. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Getting pop up ads in the ad free version. Anyone else?

11. TheGoo44

TheGoo44 New Member

Sep 27, 2017
    P vs. P sucks

The game itself is a fun concept, but if you are like me, you will get tired playing very quickly.
    The game developers need to work on something for the PvP play. The game "Randomly" selects who is on the left (player goes first) or who is on the right (player goes second). Although it should be random, the last 12 of 14 PvP games I have played, I have been on the right (second to go). Being second (unless you are playing somebody that sucks) you maybe have a 20% chance of winning. The problem being, your opponent can hit your leg 3 times in a row, you can get a head shot your two turns, but don't get a third go, because first player hit your leg again. They should change it so each player gets same amount of turns, and winner is based on total damage. It sucks to be flawless, get two head shots, and still be the loser to some idiot who hit you in the legs 3 times, when you don't get to match that 3rd shot. I would equate this game to being in a gun Duel, and being told, you can't shoot until after the first guy shoots. Unless the guy you are dueling is a bad shot, you are dead! and that's kind of how the moron developers made this game. Computer level is not a challenge, you'll figure how to never lose to them first day, and PvP sucks, so this game is a BUST in my mind.

12. TheGoo44

TheGoo44 New Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Try and work on better system for PvP playing. I've found its basically pointless to play if you are on the right, like you can get two head shots and lose bcse even though the first player only hit twice mid-body, gets a third shot that I never get to take. I equate your PvP to a Gun Duel where 1 person has to wait for the other to shoot. Even if player 1's shot kills player 2 on shot 3, Player 2 should still get a shot 3, otherwise outcome is basically flawed, one player had more move opportunities than the other. No true winner is determined this way. If player 2 could respond to every shot, 1 player would still have more damage, that is how winner should be determined, not by the luck of who gets to shoot first.

13. Tfeid

Tfeid New Member

Sep 29, 2017
    #113 Tfeid, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    As with the other players on here, I agree that the left player has a distinct advantage. Unfortunately for me, I seem to be starting on the right side almost 100% of the time. I bought the VIP pack, bought the coin doubler, got fooled into buying the ad-removal but still have to watch ads for longer than a match takes after each match, but I think I'm done with spending any more real money. The MP glitches are bad enough (on several instances my character has frozen, usually w. overseas matches, and I don't get to take even one shot), but the frustration of dying because I spawn on the right time after time, and the inconsistent activation of special weaps (I seem to have to tap 3 times on the right), make it not worth any more investment.

14. Tfeid

Tfeid New Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Jeremy drunk master glitches

Has anyone else paid for jeremy the drunk master only to repeatedly find games where he CANNOT REACH THE TARGET? It seems as if anything over 50, maybe 55, with the opponent on the other side of a hill, the trash can trajectory can't range the opponent. I was playing vs computer right after I bought Jeremy and I went from 100%,40 to 100%,50 to 100%,60 and I couldn't get above the hill. The computer opponent took 6 shots to hit me while I was fruitlessly spamming a poor innocent hill.
    In my another match, I was a level below the opponent and I knocked him back to 56 over a hill. As with the vs computer, I couldn't range him even though he missed me 4 times or so. For those matches, since I don't want to deprive the other player of a victory even if it's due to a game limitation, I've started just doing a quick pull and release. no sense wasting time, or quitting out of spite.

15. André 1

André 1 New Member

Nov 16, 2017
    Bowmasters needs some improvements

For now it is too simple. PvP start left or right doesnt interest me at all, win mostly from both sides but:
    Why not in this PvP ,wich is often very laggy, why not 3 games in a row, seems to me more fair!
    And then the rewards! Its the same when I play vs computer. Everytime the same you win, commercial, open chest.
    IMO when play against real opponent the reward must be much higher.
    So my dear devs dual against real players, PvP must be at least 3 games after each other and not just 1, revenche must be possible and imo fair! So then the result in 3 games can be 3-0, 0-3, 2-1, 1-2 right?
    And plz do something about the sometimes terrible lag...

16. André 1

André 1 New Member

Nov 16, 2017
    #116 André 1, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    And some other funny thing I experienced: Sometimes your opponent is allowed to do 3 shots after eachother! Is this fair? or just a MP bug?
    And beside this why play PVP if the reward is the same as play vs computer.
    PVP is more fun but also very buggy, so DEVS there is work to do ;)

17. André 1

André 1 New Member

Nov 16, 2017
    So many bugs plz work on it

Basiscly its a nice and very funny game.
    However there are so many strange bugs.
    How about:
    - (online play) new opponent, nice ;)
    Game start, opponent may shoot first, ok.
    Then its my turn, right? No way! again opponent may shoot again !
    Well now it's my turn, right? NO opponent get the shoot again :(

FIX this mustbe BUG !!!!!

Another bug: Someone unfortunately hits me, ok, no problem, but then some kind of weapen is in my belly for 5 minutes and I cant shoot back! game is frozen?

No bug : what is the main goal to compete against online players, when you win you get almost nothing extra. So bettter play only against vs computer?

And even that whats the point? what to do with all my xxxxxxxthousends of coins ????

Devs seems you have to do "some" work to do !