Universal Bowmasters (by Playgendary)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 12, 2016.

1. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Bowmasters (by Playgendary)

Update out. Let me know if something change.

2. mckaystites

mckaystites Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Derek Zoolander School For kids Who Want To Do Thi
    It didn't fix much. Game still has a weird chance to not respond when starting up. Terrance still throws body parts everywhere when KO'Ing. I'm on iOS 10 so performance may differ for me, but I don't notice anything.

3. RedThumb

RedThumb Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2016
    First game after update crashed as usual. So, I'm not impressed right now.

4. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    #84 L0ck, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Ads removed for ad-free version, awesome! Updating my rating to reflect it.

e: has some initial lag on my 6+ but after that plays fine. Really happy with this now.

5. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    No ads for me as well on Ad-Free version after the update, you now have to win 3 times to get a chance to spin the wheel.

6. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    Decided to give Bowmasters Free a 2nd go after today's update to 1.2 (August 21), but after opening several prize chests, the pay out is still the same, Ron Etienne (with the playing cards) is still the 1st and only unlockable player I win. After that, it's still just coins after coins. Funny thing is with the new update, the game seems to have a bit of lag now. As for crashes, I have not had any on my iPod touch (6th g).

Overall Bowmasters Free is a really fun game, and I am looking forward to new players and locations.

Has anyone found a contact for Playgendary, it seems the websites listed for support are MIA, and only show links to Pokemon related stuff.

7. predator8u

predator8u Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    I've done 70+ chest spins and STILL not one new charater unlocked, it's unbelieveable at this point. NOT one. OMG. I wish I never gave money at this point.

8. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Just want to add that I got the quarterback on the spin wheel, this was when you needed to watch ads to spin. I say that I got the character after 15 spins or so. So I guess the odds for getting a character are low, but it is simething that can happen.

9. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #89 ColeDaddy, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Everyone, no more name calling from this point on. The next one who does will be given a nice little time out or banned from this site.

You've been warned.

From The Rules (or Don't Do These Or You'll Get Banned)

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Thank you!! #

Oh, yes!!! New update truly got rid of the ads and now it's like it should be! Definitely my favorite new game! So fun! So funny!!!! 5 stars now!!! Thanks devs for listening! Now you've got yourself a great game on your hands! I hope it does really well for you! #

11. mckaystites

mckaystites Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Derek Zoolander School For kids Who Want To Do Thi
    Does the FTP version stop ads now too? I'd like to keep my progress, and all my progress is on the free version. If it gets rid of the ads I'd love to buy that option.

12. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #92 JohnnyClash, Aug 21, 2016
    Nope, you still trade one ad for one chest after each battle won, if you so desire..

The paid version now apparently gives one free chest for every 3 battles won. I suppose that's 'decent', but not quite good enough for me to switch over to it, especially after having disabled ads in the FTP.

Edited, I was referring to optional videos, not popup ads for characters. (I think thats where some of the confusion came from, some of us were talking/thinking about different aspects)

13. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    I've won a couple of new chars on the roulette. The whole 'oh you got sooooo close to a new char!' every single time is a bit shady but it def pays out sometimes.

14. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #94 LordShad0wz, Aug 21, 2016
    I'm not getting any ads whatsoever now. I am getting offers for character packs and stuff but that's fine. The pack had none of the characters I actually wanted. I've actually opened a ton of chests but only gotten coins. I might just buy the storm trooper hehe.

It's a fun game. I really like the gameplay. I think one change they should make is remembering the last character used and keeping your unlocked characters to the left so you can choose them quicker.

Edit- I spoke too soon. Everytime I play I'm getting full screens asking to buy the championship deal. And there's more than a day of a countdown timer. This is incredibly annoying. Incredibly.

Billy

15. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #95 ColeDaddy, Aug 21, 2016
    After the update, the game crashes when I try to open a chest just as the video is about to start. Every. Single. Time.

Under the hood of my Air: iOS 9.3.4

Addendum: crashes happen most of the time when the Mobile Strike vid is about to start

16. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Hmmm. I'm running 9.3.4 also, but that's never happened to me (yet)! I did have one thing when I played as the Unemployed Firefighter and I got hit and he stood there shaking his hand constantly and I couldn't get out of it. Had to exit the game to quit that. Odd. Ipad4.

17. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Pro tournaments freeze up after defeating my opponent. As a result i have to restart the tournament. Same specs as previously noted

18. RedThumb

Mar 10, 2016
    Since a lot of you seem to be unlucky at the chest-roulette.
    I have won all but 2 characters by now. There were long stretches where I got only coins, but once in a while it was a character too.

So, while chances are very low, I believe it is "honest"
    Also I have bought all the other "regular" characters

The last update brought a lot of problems with framerate dropping and being very laggy.
    On the other hand, it still crashes but maybe not as often as before.

19. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Justice is done.

20. RedThumb

Mar 10, 2016
    #100 RedThumb, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Has anybody already won ALL characters from the chest roulette?
    Without paying I mean?

I have every character, but Thor.
    Now every round at the roulette looks exactly the same, with only the amount of coins changing.
    I wonder if I ever will get it?