Universal Bowmasters (by Playgendary)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 12, 2016.

1. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Nothing, i tried This morning and not only opening chest ADS is returned but:

[​IMG]

I can't belive these germans.

Still "REMOVE ADS" leaving the opening chest ads?

Come on it's ridiculous... Imho they don't deserve any money.

I'm out of This thread, i promise.

Sorry for bothering you guys.

2. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I agree the issue re ads is legitimate. Many of the characters are only in the chest to unlock and you have to watch ads to unlock the chests. I also suspect the chest RNG is not actually random since it always stops on a character then tips back to gold.

It a shame because initially I liked the game enough to buy the 'ad-free' version and now I am a bit disappointed.

3. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    This game needs desperately online multiplayer

4. bobehm

bobehm Active Member

Dec 6, 2012
    I have the free version and purchased no ads. Before purchasing the no ads there are static ads that came up between transitions. Those are what no ads removes.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Unfortunately that's precisely what people can't seem to grasp.

6. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    I understand being annoyed to find ads in a premium game that includes the words "Ad Free" in its title, or still having ads in a free game after you pay to "remove ads." I mean, it doesn't say it's the "Ad Reduced" version, or say it's a "fewer ads" option. People have expectations that have kind of been established in the market by frequent precedents. It might not be outright dishonesty, but it's certainly not meeting consumer expectations.

My main issue is frequent crashes. Maybe 10% of the time. And frame rate slow downs. Using iPad mini 2 with iOS 9.3.4.

7. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Just how do we get to 'grasp' this if we didn't try the free version in the first place? I purchased a version that had in the title "No Ads" and there were ads. This is what you don't seem to be able to grasp - it was marketed as being a "No Ad" version but there were ads. We even get prompted in the game to purchase extra stuff that will remove ads, even when we've already bought the No Ads version.

Anyway, this is kind of irrelevant for me now, since I've had a refund from the App Store on the basis that this was mis-sold. I'd urge anyone else who feels the same way as I do, to do the same.

8. maikelg

maikelg Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    The thing I dislike the most is that the pop-ups to remove the ads keep popping up even after you bought the no ads but with different characters. The same goes for the coin doubler. Please stop asking me after every 2-3 games.

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Yes, their nationality definitely is at fault here. I only wish I knew the color of their skin, because I'm sure that's to blame, too!

People know that, they're still mad. Justifiably so, but just maybe not to the extent some have displayed. The funny part is I can't tell you how many times devs have included an "ad free" option that also removed opt-in ads only for players to turn around and complain about that. You truly can't win making mobile games.

10. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    #70 FiloMJ, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    Bowmasters (by Playgendary)

I am anything but racist, you can belive me.
    I have never discriminated against anybody in all my life.
    It was just to say.
    If they were italian like me i would have said The same exact words.

Anyway their is still The WORST job they could have possibly done with a game.

11. m_tango

m_tango Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Playgendary

Does anyone know anything about the creators of this game? Its published by "Playgendary". Their support website is a dead link and I can't find them on twitter or anything about them anywhere. They've created an awesome game, with tons of personality. I'd love to know more about them.

12. odditypardonme

Apr 1, 2015
    The chest roulette keeps giving me the same +500 coin prize right next to a new unlock, the creature from the black lagoon looking character, endlessly. It's happened over 11 times in a row. I know this because of the mode unlock system. Also, ad-free is not ad-free. Still, the game is fun but damn if it doesn't seem slightly shallow and deceptive. At least Worms mixed up the terrain a bit to make the different weapons useful. This is more like adding particle effects and gimmicks to an Excitebike track.

13. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    looks like the threads for the free and the paid versions are the same. Confusing.

14. nreyes

nreyes Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Yep. I've also noticed this about the roulette ..... Not very random. And while I am enjoying the game and chose to buy the starter pack to show my support, I feel it was a bit misleading to say "no Ads" because you still need to view videos to unlock stuff. I would have preferred to pay a premium upfront and work my way up through the in game currency.

Love the graphics, though.

15. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    #75 mattll, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    When the video ads come just press the x fast then it skips the ad and you get the chest or extra health ;)

Nvm they fixed it :/

16. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Any plans for an Android version? Like to have this on my phone too!

17. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #77 gmattergames, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Completed the final tournament and the prize is supposed to be coin and character, I got the coin but no character. Is there a specific char awarded and I'm just not realizing it?

Edit: completed another legendary tournament and while the game indicates the prize is a character, it's really just a "chance" to get a char on the rigged roulette :( Trying not to judge the dev for their attempt to make money, but things feel a bit misrepresented.

Either way, as someone who's played through most of the content, unlocking all but a few chars, I can say that if it not we're for my tolerance for ads, I would have never been able to enjoy this fine game. The entire hook is a chance to unlock the chars and while I'm not opposed to paying ad-free/coin doubler premiums, paying to unlock a specific character in this game, removes that hook and my incentive to play. I expect the logical choice for the dev is to create more and more chars. I'd encourage them to consider adding ability upgrades, buffs, consumables, etc; things that can be progressively earned/unlocked in addition to chars.

There's also the glaring online multiplayer gap, something that, if implemented well, would be huge. Because, as a player, once you understand the shot mechanics, the current AI doesn't stand a chance. I had hoped that, especially in a tournament, the AI would up its game as you progress, but it doesn't. Even after scoring a headshot, and simply repeating the same shot would score a win, the AI simply does not do so, even in the "legendary" tournament.

Regardless, enjoyed the game, well worth the couple bucks I paid for the beginner pack, but they should reevaluate the questionable roulette mechanics and continuous prompts for IAP's that have already been earned/unlocked.

Cheers

18. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    #78 L0ck, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    EDIT: Ad-free version has been updated to remove the post-match chest-unlock ads. Now definitely worth the premium price.

previous impressions:

Fun game! Got me to buy the premium version. But my playtime might die soon, and the 3 star rating, are due to freemium stuff still in my premium game.

If you're still going to require ad views for things that don't originally require them (chest openings), and if you're going to do little things you don't have to to encourage the player to spend purchaseable resources (starting character select on a locked character with no indication you can choose others...rather, an indicator to choose the locked character), and if you are going to tease the player by ALLLLMOST landing on a character instead of coins on the roulette constantly, then only release the freemium version.

But our game is worth more than the paid version price! you may say. Ok, make the paid version what you consider a fair price to remove all ads and money-spending strategies. Game's fun enough I mighta paid it! But now I wish I stayed with the free version.

TL;DR: stick with the free version until and unless either the freemium stuff is totally removed from premium, or it's made much more clearer what you're getting for your money.

19. finales3452

finales3452 New Member

Aug 21, 2016
    The chest roulette is broken. Over 80 spins and I haven't got one single character. It's purposefully designed like this to give you a few unlockables through the chest roulette (e.g. Etienne) and the rest you're meant to purchase.

Money grabbing devs.

20. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    You know, it's really too bad the ads are SO intrusive, some of the most egregious ever AFTER paying to have them removed! I'm pleading with the devs to make it right for us! It's a REALLY good game! Better than good, actually! Makes it SO hard to keep playing! Totally ruins it! Can't help but wonder what they were thinking........ I'd hate to see this game tank just because of that!!!!! I mean, it's a tremendous amount of varied game play here, what with all the different weapons doing different things, all the characters actually acting different other than just looking different! And the fatalities are hilarious and not to be missed! I dare you not to smile when you see them! Really fun time to be had with this one! Please fix this!!!!!!