Universal Bounty Stars (by DeNA Corp)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I'm not sure exactly. Maybe the tip had subliminal influence or maybe it was trial and error but that's definitely the only way to raise skill levels. What it means unfortunately for characters with rare skills is that you need 8 crew members with the skill (or 8 of the same crew member if they are the only one with the skill) to increase the skill to level 4 for one of them by consuming all 7 others.

2. charlesatan

charlesatan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2013
    It's actually mentioned in one of the tutorials/tips that you can upgrade skills by consuming other characters.

When you drag a character to be consumed, it shows the future level of skills it will receive, so you can check how much it will level up (and via this, that to level a skill to level 2, you need two level 1s; to level 3, two level 2's; etc.).

What's not clear is what you get from promotion, or who can be promoted. 1 Star and 2 Star character's can't be promoted.

Promoted characters get a new stat (e.g. Guts) that's one level lower than their original, their primary stat increases by one level, and they get additional hp and damage.

The first skill tends to be easy to level up since they tend to be united across classes. Also, not all skils have levels; some are just at level 1, while others can go as high as 4.

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Yes but not always and it is a bit frustrating at times. I drew Raptor Tailspin from the event draw during the last event. Even at 6 stars she isn't as effective as my maxed 5 star pilots because I can level up their head shots but Raptor has "Spark Head Shot". So basically it's a pretty worthless 6 star crew member that I'll probably never use unless I play long enough to eventually draw 7 more of her...

4. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Really good point.

5. shibata33

shibata33 New Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Does promotion allow characters to reach level cap? For example, a 3-star character is capped at level 30, but at level 15 he has to be promoted before he can be leveled up further. I haven't promoted any character, so I'm not sure.

Also, can anyone tell me what Spark damage is good against? I have a robot character with Spark rapid fire, and he does zero damage against robots, humans and Berg characters (I just tap at them and no number shows up). Is this a bug or is this type of damage only good against a specific type of enemy?

6. charlesatan

Jun 5, 2013
    Promoting a character will

a) give them an additional star (and increasing their max level by 10)
    b) increasing their primary stat to match their corresponding star level, and gaining a secondary stat equal to one level below their current level,
    c) give them additional (retroactive?) attack and hp values

Your Level 15 character will now have a max level of 40, but still retain their current level and skills.

I think I've encountered an enemy that is weak against Spark, I just cannot remember which. You will see an icon on top of the enemy when you click on the ability and the enemy is weak against it.

7. Cryminysakes

Cryminysakes Member

Jan 23, 2011
    I get a little annoyed at the GC/Jump system. Maybe I just havent figured out how to game it yet. For instance, on hunts/events you get enough jumps to fly around, collect some items and make it to a store where you can buy a bunch of jumps and finish pretty much the entire map. Cant do that on campaigns it seems. You dont find enough items that are worth enough to sell at a store IF you can find one. and so unless you get really lucky, you will eventually run out of jumps or credits or both and have to restart. I havent figured out the solution to this issue yet. Anyone else?

Also the Legendary problem already discussed, they are neat and all but the likelyhood you end up gettin 7+ of one kind is probably zero - so what good are they?? And yet still I feel weird using them for training.

8. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    What i do is start new campaigns at least a couple of zones lower than what i can handle and complete them as fast as possible. This ensures i have a decent amount of credits and more importantly lots of spare jumps for the higher zones

9. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    You speak wisely.

10. charlesatan

Jun 5, 2013
    You don't understand the Jump system, or rather, know how to find out where the enemy boss in the map is.

Your radar actually pinpoints which direction they're in, but at 0% Information, it's a 180 degree arc. The more information you receive, the narrower it becomes, leading you to the right direction (so you don't end up with Jumps in the wrong direction).

11. Cryminysakes

Cryminysakes Member

Jan 23, 2011
    I understand how to find the boss, I just want more jumps so you don't have to just fly straight to the boss and can encounter more nodes thereby getting more items. But I get that they want that limited.

12. shibata33

shibata33 New Member

Jul 28, 2015
    The way I see it, the point of campaign missions (and wormhole missions to get rare recruits) is to beat the boss as soon as possible for bounty money and additional recruit(s). Only during hunts for promotion items do I try to prolong the hunt to get more drops.

You need 7 recruits with the same one skill you want to improve, not 7 other identical recruits. So you will need 21 recruits (7 of each skill) to max out 3 skills.

13. shibata33

shibata33 New Member

Jul 28, 2015
    Thank you for your response. I've farmed enough promotion items today and promoted my characters for the first time. The effects are pretty much what you described.

Robots are weak against Spark. Ice people (Berg?) are weak against fire. The guy I have is probably bugged, considering his Spark rapid fire never does ANY damage against any enemy. Today I've gathered 900 Novas to bulk-buy 10 recruits, including a 4-star gunner, so he'll be out for good.

14. Cryminysakes

Cryminysakes Member

Jan 23, 2011
    yeh - part of the design I guess. Guess Im greedy I want it all!!!

True, but some of those Legendary recruits have skills no one else has. I got a King Heathcote on day one of playing this game and I have never seen a single character with any of the same combat skills since.

15. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    On the other hand i feel it adds another dimension to campaign missions. Do you got out of your way to get to that shop, hoping that it will have some cheap upgrades or extra jumps, or do you go straight for the bounty. I like that

I got King Heathcote early on as well and i've since replaced him since it's near impossible to level his skills up

16. Cryminysakes

Cryminysakes Member

Jan 23, 2011
    yeah I use Brightling Halcyon and Kagen Dire now. But mostly Halcyon since he has a killer ship combat ability. I cant find a happy medium with gunners, and they're all so slow I dont use them, all I really miss is Rapid Fire. My 2 engineers make up for a lot since they reload at .6 and .7. Most of the time I kill everything with just those 2 before my healer and pilot can even act.

17. Republic

Republic New Member

Oct 6, 2016
  18. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    With DeNA north America shutdown is this game going down as well?

19. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Game is shutting down. October 31 last ingame purchase. Dec 15 server shutdown. 3000 novas as parting gift.
    I enjoyed this game quite a bit, sad.

20. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Aww, that's too bad. This is a unique gem of a game, if only because of all the great writing. :(