Universal Bounty Stars (by DeNA Corp)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    All I did was train one of my crew using another crew that I didn't need. But I trained a 3 star guy so I'm not sure if the stars matter. Maybe they have to be used as a pilot in a mission first? I'm not sure what the catch is. It could be you need to use one of the xp bubbles.

I'm on one you have to promote a guy so I have to wait until next Monday to get the last piece. So if you aren't yet, start collecting promo mats.

2. kei00

kei00 Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Thanks for your reply Poo. I trained a 4* crew who pilots my mothership with another crew and a xp bubble but the mission objective still doesn't complete. Sigh..

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I'm stuck on the same one. I tried leveling up crew by every method possible, even leveled up a crew member using the same crew member as material, but it still doesn't fulfill the mission for some reason. It has to be bugged.

4. individualistik

Nov 21, 2012
    Try leveling one of your crew with the purple background. Their class is "pilot" and that worked for me.

5. kei00

kei00 Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Works, thanks individualistik!

6. rycicle

rycicle Active Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Senior iOS Developer
    "Out of Action" is permanent?

A couple of my bounty stars got destroyed in a fight.. do they ever revive?

7. kei00

kei00 Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Not permanent, only out of action for that campaign. Start a new one and they will be back.

8. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #28 JasonLL, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Also when you start a new campaign you can start at any level previously with much more powerful crew and ships than when you originally encountered the level, gathering even more materials and orbs, to build up your forces.

9. alan880311

alan880311 New Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Somethings gone wrong

I have an issue. When I load this app it always shows up "There is something wrong with your internet connection" [RETRY]. However, there's nothing wrong with my internet connection until I load this game.

10. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    I get that message when trying to open the league standings screen but that's a universal issue from what I have read. Hopefully Mediatonic will release a 1.1 update soon since some on these forums have been experiencing game breaking issues which is unfortunate since it's a really cool game. The best thing to do is contact support at https://denagames.helpshift.com/a/bounty-stars/ and write to them about your issue.

11. Googgi78

Googgi78 Active Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Too bad their support is aweful. I've been waiting for a week to even hear back for an issue which has made the game unplayable after linking a second device using Gamecenter.

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I'm really surprised this isn't getting more love. I think the DeNA name might actually be hurting them with certain crowds. The game is actually developed by mediatonic who have made a number of excellent games. The freemium aspects are incredibly fair. The game is really well crafted and engaging. My only issue is that the balance seems to be off between the various gameplay components. I never lose in actual team shootouts, it's not even a contest. I've never had anyone die. I've also never lost a ship to ship battle (except for the one time I tried a wormhole mission that was way over my level) though that is more challenging and I have lost ships a number of times. So basically my bounty runs end when I run out of jumps without finding the bounty. it seems like this should be pretty easy for the devs to sort out though.

13. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    The DeNA name is certainly a factor. They have a history of pulling support if a game doesn't take off like gangbusters and many in the know will steer clear. This game does have a bunch of great elements to it and the prospect of continuous updates because of its free to play nature does have me a bit excited about the future of the game. Also some issues need a bit of hammering out but that is to be expected with the first public release. It's one of the few free to play games where I picked up the starter pack as a "thanks for the great game" and not because I felt like I needed or desired it.

14. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Heh, this is why I love toucharcade, and it's community. You randomly open a game thread and discover something cool. Thank you guys for all the impressions, I usually stay away from free games as I hate all the freemium shenanigans, but reading so much praise I couldn't help but try it out.

Aaaaand it's indeed a pretty cool game, I love the art style, the humor, and all the production value, so I'm definitely getting the starter pack to show my support.

Too bad it doesn't seem to be getting much traction around here, hopefully more people will stumble upon it and give it a chance.

I'm not used to this kind of system, though, with multiple currencies and upgrades to chars. Should I be upgrading my starting crew and ships, or should I save the coins for a later time?

15. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    I'm loving this game! The writing and humor are awesome, and the gameplay is engaging enough to be fun but not too complicated to be frustrating. Could be a bit more challenging though, especially in the man to man combat. And there are some other issues too, like when at the top of the map, tapping causes the map to jump down a bit, often causing you to tap on the wrong destination. But overall, great game. I really hope they continue to add more scenarios.

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I wouldn't spend too much time leveling anyone below 3 stars (which can be upgraded to 4 stars). It probably won't be long until you have at least a couple 4 star characters and several 3s. However, it doesn't seem like anything you do early on can really harm you down the road. Anything you spend early will be small change compared to what you'll earn later. I have saved all the high powered leveling orbs I got with the starter pack though (except 2) for when I feel the time is right.

17. charlesatan

charlesatan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2013
    It might be because you're still in the early areas.

If you keep on staying in the early areas, then you're virtually invulnerable unless you run out of fuel.

In the more difficult areas, losing a ship can occur; losing a character before the boss can be devastating too.

18. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    In my current campaign I'm on level 20 or so and I have 20-some jumps so should make it to at least the mid 20s on this one. Since there are 50 levels I'd say that's more middle than early but you may be right. I think it may also have been lucky draws early. I had two characters with the fast tapping damage skills that can wipe out an entire round of enemies in a single attack, and 2 strong healers (I actually ran 2 pilots and 2 healers because they were by far my most powerful characters until just recently when I finally saved up enough for a 10 pull and now have a more balanced team).

19. charlesatan

charlesatan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Honestly ship balance right now is more difficult for me (I've lost ships more often than characters).

You can try your hand at the Wormhole events, especially Hard, to gauge difficulty.

20. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Yeah I tried hard once and got owned. I'll try again once I replace my weakest ship (it basically just dodged enemies at this point and doesn't even have enough range to effectively participate in battle but I'm waiting for the ship I'll unlock in a couple more level ups). I really wish there was some way to know the range of the ships' attacks. It's pretty vital and isn't shown as far as I can tell.