Universal Bounty Hunter: Black Dawn (by Freyr Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 26, 2013.

1. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    I still got the old version on the iPhone, but it seems the consensus is that the single player campaign is better here? I don't have a leveled up dude in the old game that I've spent hours on, so I'm not losing anything by deleting. Just worried that this might be more IAP driven (it's like half the price of the old version so..). How are the controls in this? Thought they really nailed it in the pulled version, any changes here?

Edit blah questions questions..I'm confusing myself...I'm just gonna buy it lol

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #62 undeadcow, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
    Bounty Hunter does not strike me as more IAP drive, the gameplay and balance seems near identical to the previous edition. My perception is that the gameplay is not necessarily improved, just the same enjoyable game with different visuals.

If you're happy with the previous edition you might even be able to stick with that because the gameplay and level design is essentially the same but you'd be missing out on Player Versus Player mode and other future updates.

3. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Can´t speak for the campaign yet, but so far it seems the same, i´m only on the part after the tutorial though.
    Graphics look crispier, controls are the same afaik and work really well. IAP is fine for me, too/ not really needed it seems.

If you like the original release, then get this one as this one will be supported with updates/fixes

4. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Thanks, well at this price I'll probably grab it anyways. It's such a good effort with high production values and everything for a mobile game, so gotta support that. (Unless of course it does turn out to start milking you via IAP)

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Finished the campaign in the first one, and the new one is pretty much similar to the first, including Simon, the wall. o_O

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Those ships shouldn't be called 'stopcock's in one of the missions!

Bizarre name !!

Loving this though. Level 4 now

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... I LOL'd when i saw that the first time. Didnt bother me much after that though

8. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Is it just me or did they make the bandit leader quest harder? Maybe I'm just a lower level..

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nah... still the same. Unfortunately, Simon is also still the same. He's almost like a paywall, but fortunately there is multiplayer and/or grinding to deal with him.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    My machine gun hardly did anything. Then used a shotgun and killed him easily

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Was using SMG against coz i couldnt find anything decent. Saving money for whatever i can find on the special shop.

Right now, im using an SMG still, with a not so good assault rifle. Hopefully i can find something better to pit against Simon, which im kinda stuck with right now.

12. CosmosMan

CosmosMan Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Researcher/Teacher/Scientist
    Canada
    SP?

Is this a single player FPS or online?

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    How do I show I bought the last version if it was removed from my history?

14. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Just realized I'd posted this in the "upcoming games" thread and not this one:

I never got a chance to play the first one, but I'm intrigued - the only thing is that I'm more of an RPG girl than FPS. Are the FPS mechanics of the game friendly to those unfamiliar with them? Is it forgiving? What's death (penalties and such) like?

Will be keeping an eye on this and may very well grab it.

15. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Well there aren't really any penalties for death on here (none I've noticed anyway). The only thing that happens is red pawning at the teleporter you used to enter that area

16. benadvanced

benadvanced Active Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Retina support?

17. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The image is very smooth and detailed on my iPod 5G, occasionally some of the background appears soft but that might be an intentional effect to emphasize the foreground. I think Retina is supported, and it is Universal.

18. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Yeah, out in the US, buy button smashed to oblivion!

19. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    I'll be helping some peeps out. I'm making a room to help out. I'm only level seven but I deal a TON of damage with my sniper :D see you all online! (I named my Sniper Mordecai after the Borderlands character)