Universal Bouncy Hoops (by Studio Generative and Noodlecake)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ryan_Noodle, May 31, 2017.

1. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #21 hvianna, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    iPad mini 2 running iOS 9.3.2

I got the blue ball in a random box. Maybe the game isn't registering the correct ball equipped unless you buy the ball from the store?

EDIT: I just unlocked a third ball and now the ball selection seems to be working fine!

2. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Ah I see, makes sense, thanks!

And yeah, buzzer beaters are the best! :D

3. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    damn!! was loving it until I got the watch ad to revive thing. picked up the no-ads IAP but can't circumvent the watch ad to continue. Apart from that it's perfect but that's me done for now.

4. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    This remember me the fantastic Ball King

Good game anyway. I think I'll buy ads remover.

5. hey guys,
    thanks for the positive feedback! We already fixed most of the bugs mentioned here and update is up for review by Apple.

6. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    Revenues' Model

Hello guys,

Very good game. However Id like to state that the Revenue Model that you chose is not the best for the user.
    It requires a time (watching a video) plus it uses my data plan. Basically I'm being charged more than I should IMO.

Aside from that, overtime I was offer to watch a video for a second chance, double the gold or even the "mandatory" add to keeping playing, the game froze and it didn't save my record.

This is a big no no. I'm a little on the fence here on whether buy or not the add removal.

I supported tons of games that had this financial model and in the long run I always regret because all the glitches related to video adds.

I understand that you have to make money and I'd like to support you on that, but from my experience, videos are a very bad business decision.

I'd say that a coin doubler would be way better and charge gold for a second chance, double reward and such.

By doing that you'll have complete control of your game and therefore won't rely on crappy video add service.

Best,

Bruno

7. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Bouncy Hoops (by Studio Generative and Noodlecake)

Imho, if there is a way to remove forced ads (and really remove them), then there is no problem.

8. Rinikulous

Rinikulous Member

Oct 19, 2016
    Digital Art Director | Human | Indiegame designer
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Such a fun game. Great execution, controls are super responsive, intuitive UI/UX, simple premise, yet hard to master. Love it! Keep it up guys!

9. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    The iap will remove all forced ads. The opt in revive option is still available however. We werent sure if we wanted to give a free continue for those who bought the remove ad iap or reduce the price of the remove ad iap and leave the video revive in. We may still adjust this but if we do, the remove ads iap might bump up to 1.99.

10. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Glad you like it! High score?

11. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Played for like 5 minutes and was done with it. I mean how many endless high score chasers can we have utilizing a simple one note mechanic?

12. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Simple but fun, and as a basketball fan I gladly bought no-ads.

Also having the ball select bug though. Unlocked purple, but it won't let me select the original color. When I scroll through the ball menu, it goves a play arrow for the original color and 'select' under purple, but hitting the play button plays the purple ball, and hotting select does nothing. iphone 6+, 10.1.1

13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I actually like this game. As a Noodlecake fanboy I always buy or download every game.

So far the reason Ive given this game 4 stars is because I went and purchased the ball that doubles the coins. Well it upsets me that the effect doesn't work for all balls. So I'm forced to use only that ball. I would have paid $2 if the effect worked on all balls. But it should work on all balls. Not just the one. It needs to be addressed.

Billy

14. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    That is a good point. We might change this up later. Thanks for the idea.

15. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    you still need to watch an ad to continue, unfortunately. If you don't mind that (and unfortunately I really do) it is a great little high-score chaser game.

16. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

You're right... I'll wait before purchasing...

17. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    The amount of money to play this game and remove ads is so small it staggers the mind that people bring it up. If you don't want to use data plan for videos to get a continue maybe they can give an option to spend gold coins.

Noodlecake knows how to make addicting games. They seem to come out regularly and I look forward to all of them. Jupiter Jump is still one of my favorites. They get the feel of their games so great.

18. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Idk Richard how many do you think we can have?

19. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Ahhh, I love seeing a new Noodlecake game. There should be an auto-download button for certain delevopers...Noodlecake, I solute you!

20. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012