iPad Bouncy Bit (free)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DeadlySeriousMedia, Feb 21, 2014.

1. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Arizona
  2. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Do you plan to make this universal?

3. DeadlySeriousMedia

Jul 3, 2012
    Arizona
    Well, I do have an update I need to upload tonight adding an ad removal option. I'll see if I can't make this universal as well. Not sure why I didn't do that to start. Thanks!

4. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I'm having leaderboard issues with this one. It seems to be if I tap quickly after I die, then the game over screen disappears very quicly and my score isn't uploaded to Game Center. I've had a 63 and a 61 which haven't been uploaded just now, and had issues earlier too.

It seems that the game does usually try to send your last score to Game Center. My leaderboard score has increased to my last score even when it's less than my high score in the app. It would be nice if it sent your high score instead of your last score. If something did go wrong like I've had, or you set a high score when you have no internet connection, the leaderboard would always get updated eventually.

5. Professionalbum

Professionalbum Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Professional bum
    The Prison Planet
    #25 Professionalbum, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    Fantastic time waster and I mean that in a good way; since the "flappy" craze iron is hot I wish you the best on the charts. Just promise me that you don't flake out if you get too popular :)

Any achievements in the near future?

6. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    If you release an Update to make it Universal, I'll pay to remove the ads.

7. DeadlySeriousMedia

Jul 3, 2012
    Arizona
    Alright, I'm working on an update at the moment. Just got done making this universal and I'm currently testing on my ipad.

In addition, this update will change the way scores are posted. At the end of every game it will automatically post your high score. The leader board button will take you to the leader board only. This way, as pointed out, if you happen to be off line and score the best game of your life via miracle never to be repeated, the next time you play online it will post that insane score of yours! :)

After I get this working and sent to apple I will address adding a simple IAP to remove ads along with adding in a few achievements! :)

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the game so much and I love the feedback I'm getting. Thanks a ton for helping me improve the game! You guys rock!

8. DeadlySeriousMedia

Jul 3, 2012
    Arizona
    Okay, update submitted. Universal app inbound. :)

9. !!!nada!!!

!!!nada!!! Active Member

May 29, 2012
    #29 !!!nada!!!, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    You do realize that this completely opens the game up to hackers? Not that it really matters, but still annoying. Edit: and Vlad Deans becomes the first despicable hacker! Lets all applaud his effort and skill!

Otherwise, awesome game. Its different enough from the rest of the "flappy" crap that I can play it, and its incredibly fun/hard/enraging.

If I could suggest, maybe have the colors and whatnot change every 20 points or so, to make it more interesting and make it seem different. Also, adding special effects for our bit could be cool. Maybe purchased with cumulative points? Just throwing ideas out.

Edit:
    There seems to be a glitch when you die. Sometimes, instead of having all the spikes come out, the spikes on one side will "invert." Bascally, where spikes were before there is nothing, and where there were no spikes there are spikes. It seems to happen mostly when I simultaneously hit the wall and spike.

Also: 52!!! Yes!!!

10. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I love the colors idea.

11. DeadlySeriousMedia

Jul 3, 2012
    Arizona
    I hadn't thought about the hackers. I guess cheating is going to happen if someone wants it bad enough no matter what is done.

I do love the color idea of yours! Just awesome! The new version adds an extra effect when the player dies where particles explode out along with the skull.

52? That's pretty impressive! I gotta step up my game! :)

12. !!!nada!!!

!!!nada!!! Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Sounds great! And don't worry, I've only gotten to 50 once since then, so I'm labeling it as a fluke.

13. DeadlySeriousMedia

Jul 3, 2012
    Arizona
    Okay, made a last minute update to add the color change every 10 points.

Also, already had to block a cheater! Sheesh!

14. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
  15. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #35 TheFrost, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    ----

16. DeadlySeriousMedia

Jul 3, 2012
    Arizona
    Thanks! Someone mentioned that earlier. And now I know flappybalt is a thing. :D

17. !!!nada!!!

!!!nada!!! Active Member

May 29, 2012
    #37 !!!nada!!!, Feb 23, 2014
    Alright, there's another spike bug. Sometime spikes will come in on the wrong wall, so there are effectively two sets at once. And you might want to take a look at some of the layouts, because I'm pretty sure that when there's only a one wide opening at the very bottom, its impossible to make it.
    Edit: And I just got a full wall of spikes, literally no way to live. Possibly due to the aforementioned glitch.

18. DeadlySeriousMedia

Jul 3, 2012
    Arizona
    #38 DeadlySeriousMedia, Feb 23, 2014
    Thanks for the heads up! Thought I got all these bugs out! I'll take a look. I've tried to remedy the wrong wall spike but I can't seem to shake it. It's not terribly detrimental though.

A full wall of spikes is bad news though. Thank you!

Edit: Fixed the issue! Now the difficultly should ramp up a it smoother as well.This community has been absolutely invaluable and I can't thank all of you enough!

19. !!!nada!!!

!!!nada!!! Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Awesome! It's amazing to see a developer interact this much and respond this quickly! Serious respect.

20. xzamplezz

xzamplezz Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    I've been enjoying bouncybit, and I have suggestion for another mode. It would be more consistent if there was a mode where the same amount of spikes were missing every time. So, a wall full of spikes except 2 to 5 in a row every time. From a leaderboard pov, it would a more consistent and more competitive.

I only suggest this because it can be annoying that on 20 you get a really hard set, and at 21 you get a really easy set. The randomness can be fun, which is why I'm suggesting the idea as an alternate mode instead of a replacement.