Bouncer Boot Out Coming Soon From 5th World!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 5th World, Sep 15, 2010.

1. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    As a former bouncer way back in the day here in the Los Angeles area, I go with picture #3. The dress shoes and slacks are the realistic look of the true professional! A steel tip in the shoe also adds to the ultimate impact of the package here! The hiking boot and the bare leg would be the worst one though maybe it might be just the ticket somewhere in the Mid-West or elsewhere IMO.

2. cyberbum

cyberbum Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Programmer
    Canada
    Congrats!! Which icon won btw?

3. Awesome! You bring our count of people who have actually worked as bouncers in this thread up to two! I definitely agree with you, the bouncer in Bouncer Boot Out may not be such a nice guy, but he's still a professional! :)

You've probably seen this, but if not it might be something you appreciate being both a former bouncer and from the LA area. It's a photo series on a doorman which I think has some pretty excellent pictures in it.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/photography/la-population-package,0,7767099.htmlstory#/Keeper_of_the_door

4. I was surprised that after all the talk of grannies the winner turned out to be the boot. I would say that it's a good bet that #3 in this selection is going to be the one we go with (unless I can convince the other guys we really need a Space Marine as an icon):

[​IMG]

5. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Can't beat a good pair of shiny black shoes. Looks good.

6. cyberbum

Apr 15, 2010
    Programmer
    Canada
    Coool! I liked the dress shoe icon the best.

7. That's so true. I have a pointy pair of shiny, black shoes I'm particularly attached to.

Oh hey, I meant to ask the other day, what style tattoos do you sport?

8. You're totally just saying that :p

9. cyberbum

Apr 15, 2010
    Programmer
    Canada
    Nooooo. Just look at my vote from the thread. I'm a man of my word :cool:

10. Hmmm. You win this round, Cyberbum!

11. Hey guys, don't forget, we want you!...And your jerk quotes:

It's time to get your jerk on!

We're looking for a whole lot of funny, jerk one-liners to add to the end level score screen for Bouncer Boot Out. And we need your help.

Check out the image below with a sample quote in it. If you think you can do better (and let's face it, you all can) then post a reply with your best jerk quote you can think of.

Enter once. Enter twice. Enter a thousand times. We're looking for the best and funniest and we want to include as many of them in the final version of Bouncer Boot Out as possible. This time next week we'll announce the winner (or maybe even winners) who will be sent a prize pack as well as provided a promo-code on release.

So what are you waiting for, jerk. Give us your best!

[​IMG]

12. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    #112 Qurao, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
    "Get back out there and jerk it!"
    "I want you to jerk, and I want you to jerk hard"

Am I the only one who's having trouble thinking of jerk quotes, that don't contain sexual innuendo?

13. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Hey! That's a hilarious Seinfeld reference. Well done.

14. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Definitely 2.

15. Joey87

Joey87 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Executive
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    "You STINK, Jerk"

Will post more later. XD

16. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Hey you got into more of a pickle than a Jerk-in

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    No I don't recall my birthdate or name listed there, but that doesn't mean it isn't my ID! ;)

18. Those are some pretty awesome suggestions so far. Keep in mind, it doesn't need to say jerk, it just needs to be something generally jerky a person would say to you if you kicked them out of a club queue. That might also help lessen the sexual innuendo :)

To give another idea, I have a friend who owns a pub and he was telling me a story about having to kick a guy out one night. The guy was all, "but it's your job to serve me." He replied with, "mate, it's my job to serve drinks, not @ssholes."

So go crazy! Funny, irreverent, dirty whatever. We're after as many hilarious things an angry drunk would say to you once you've told them they can't come in.

19. It must be something about the game. The other day someone referred to it as Bouncer Beat Off :)

20. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I think # 3 boot is the best. It actually looks like a boot of a bouncer.

I was happy till dev mentioned space marine. I now want a space marine. ;)