Bouncer Boot Out Coming Soon From 5th World!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 5th World, Sep 15, 2010.

1. So, I promised some actual game updates, and here they are:

We're pleased to announce a bit of cross-promotion with the Mana Bar. If you're unfamiliar with the awesomeness that is the Mana Bar, check it out! It all seemed a little too obvious. A game about keeping people out of bars being made in Brisbane. Australia's first gaming bar existing in Brisbane. Police. Cops. Police Cops.

On our end, this means that Bouncer Boot Out is going to feature the Mana Bar as a playable level and allows us to do all sorts of crazy and cool things (if you're in Brisbane and able to attend the Bouncer Boot Out launch party, for example, you'll be able to enter a competition to have a caricature of yourself added into the game in a future update). It's exciting times and to share some of the excitement with those of you in faraway lands, here's an image of what to expect of the Mana Bar if it existed in the world of Bouncer Boot Out:

[​IMG]

Next time on 5th World: an update about that icon competition we were running. How to shed those unwanted pounds. And just what is a snozberry made from?

2. The Emperor demands we boot the strange and different from the clubs.

3. cyberbum

cyberbum Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Programmer
    Canada
    I had heard about the Mana Bar a while back, it's awesome that it exists! I wish I had one of these around where I live. Gaming + beer + chicks?, man, what a combination.

Congrats on the cross-promo! Now all you need is ...WH40K? Haha ok I will stop now with the space marines. But admit it'd be cool.

4. The Mana Bar really is a magical place where dreams come true and blood alcohol levels rise.

Man, a Space Marine really would be ridiculously cool.

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    So, when is this coming out in the us? Waiting, waiting, waiting.......

6. The release date should be November 12. Things are taking a little longer because we wanted to make sure your wait was worth it :D

7. hellboy8x

hellboy8x Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    this game looks great.

8. Thanks heaps! We're all of us on the 5th World really proud of the title and looking forward to unleashing the Boot on the public :)

9. Icons!

Hi everybody!
    You all remember how a while ago we asked for some feedback on the Bouncer Boot Out icon to go on the App Store? Well, your thoughts have been tallied, collated and run through our super-computers who declared them, "nuclear armageddon! Rise, machines!"...whatever that means.

But what it meant for us is that your invaluable suggestions resulted in these amazing pictures of boots!

[​IMG]

We'd really love to hear which of these you think is best. And stay tuned for the announcement of the winner of our competition. There was a problem with the shirts we promised in the prize pack, so we're going to give the winner a promo code for Bouncer Boot Out instead. Hope that's okay.

10. cyberbum

cyberbum Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Programmer
    Canada
    I like #3 best, it looks cleaner somehow. More classic.

Looks awesome! Can't wait to try this game out!

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    If a completely independent, neutral, unbiased source says so, it MUST be true...

The art style alone is enough to make me give this one a spin when it comes bouncing along :) And sharing a be... uhm, a place with Halfbrick is one hell of a motivational factor ;)

I came across your comic last night, which is what made me discover Bouncer Bootout. Do more of 'em. They are a brilliant marketing tool.

12. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Ah damnit, I guess someone with half their body tattooed counts as both strange and different? *Sulks*

13. Nah, we have a special club for awesome people. Who wants to party with the pretentious crowd anyhow?

14. Also, #3 kinda looks like it would hurt more to get kicked with.

And I can't wait for you to try the game out. It's getting pretty exciting with the launch inching closer and closer.

15. Absolutely. No bias there at all. And Scott was never forced to make such a positive comment by the Robo-Slavemaster-Bot 3000 we keep around the studio. If we had such a robot...<cough>...

Thanks heaps for the positive feedback on the comic. We update it every Wednesday at the moment but if there's a demand for it we could definitely look at increasing that release schedule a little.

And you can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook so we can let you know directly when there's updates to the comic or game.

16. To our most awesome public! Just a quick reminder that we're going to be announcing the winner of our Icon Contest in a few hours as well as details for our next contest. Winners get prize packs and promo-codes!

17. And the winner of our Icon Contest is...
    <drum roll>
    Doodlejumper!

Thanks to all for your suggestions. They really helped in shaping the icon we're going to go with for Bouncer Boot Out. And keep watching this space. We'll be announcing a new contest very soon. Become part of it for your chance to win a prize pack and promo code.

18. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Yess!! Thanks so much guys, I never win these things!!

19. It's a pleasure!

20. Quote Competition!

It's time to get your jerk on!

We're looking for a whole lot of funny, jerk one-liners to add to the end level score screen for Bouncer Boot Out. And we need your help.

Check out the image below with a sample quote in it. If you think you can do better (and let's face it, you all can) then post a reply with your best jerk quote you can think of.

Enter once. Enter twice. Enter a thousand times. We're looking for the best and funniest and we want to include as many of them in the final version of Bouncer Boot Out as possible. This time next week we'll announce the winner (or maybe even winners) who will be sent a prize pack as well as provided a promo-code on release.

So what are you waiting for, jerk. Give us your best!

[​IMG]