Bouncer Boot Out Coming Soon From 5th World!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 5th World, Sep 15, 2010.

1. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I vote for 30. I think it most clearly represents the Game Title and content.
    You'd need to spruce up the boot though. Also, the leg should not be naked, unless it belongs to a Bogan bouncer.
    Game looks pretty cool. Good luck with it, guys.

2. Thanks for all the votes and feedback so far! It really seems like the boot should make it in there. And maybe the granny.

But we're only in day one of voting. So if you're reading this, why not take a few seconds to let us know which icon you prefer? After all, if you were running for mayor, we'd vote for you. :)

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Boot connecting with a Granny butt sounds like a winner to me!

4. Yeah, I'm definitely worried about our public when Granny Booting is the clear leader :) Actually, it gives me an idea for our sequel game: Retirement Home Boot Out!

Thanks for all the feedback so far. But remember, those lurking about, we would love to hear your thoughts as well. Tell us which icon you prefer most and earn yourself a chance to win a totally awesome 5th World Prize Pack!

5. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Hahaha, us lot are very strange, don't let us taint your opinion of the rest of 'em! :p

6. Haha :) No, there was definitely no tainting. Besides, we're the ones who sent out the picture of the granny getting booted in the first place. Looks like we're all a bit like-minded around here :)

7. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Damn right my Australian friend! Rock on.

8. cyberbum

cyberbum Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Programmer
    Canada
    Very nice! The art really pops up, lots of color and very slick animations. Is the gameplay footage running for real or it's a flash mockup? It looks extremely polished to me.

I also like very simple mechanics in a game, and this looks like it fits the bill.

Looking forward to this one!

9. Hey mate, thanks for the kind words!

Everything in the trailer was done in flash but we use that (and other animations kicking around the studio) as almost the most important part of our game design document. So the game, as it stands right now, looks and plays exactly as it does in the animation. If it didn't we'd feel extremely dodgy for releasing a promo for a game that played differently to what we're showing people.

Oh and by the way, Balls has possibly the best icon for an app I've ever seen :D

10. Powerbacon

Powerbacon Active Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Heya! I vote for number 30! its the cleanest icon, and in iphone 3gs, 3g, 2g, the icon isnt that sharper, so the granny (which is super cool, in my opinion!) would make it a little "polluted"!

I wish the best for you guys! Im looking forward for this game! Really nice art!!!!!! Congrats!

11. cyberbum

Apr 15, 2010
    Programmer
    Canada
    I vote for 27, here's my reasoning:
    -Need to be at least able to see the boot a bit
    -Need to be booting some "archetype" that people might not care for, so I thought the emo/goth girl getting the boot was nice:p

12. cyberbum

Apr 15, 2010
    Programmer
    Canada
    Wow that's great! Like I mentioned, it looks very polished and glossy:)

And thanks for the compliment on my app icon, hopefully it won't be skating the edge of rejection by Apple:p

13. Did someone say rock?
    [​IMG]

This could be a picture of something else cool from 5th World to come sooner than you might think. Or just a cool picture...

14. Hey, thanks for the feedback! You know though, a bogan bouncer level would be pretty excellent. You can only let in people with mullets drinking tinnies of XXXX Gold or Bundy and Coke :)

15. Hey, thanks heaps for the feedback and your reasoning. It's funny, a lot really has to go into considering what to do with such a small icon.

There's definitely some contention on the issue now. What do others think? Is there too much going on in the icons that feature a character and a boot? Should we just stick with something more simple? Is the boot enough? What should I have for dinner tonight? Do these pants make my butt look big? Give me your answers! :D

16. That is pretty solid reasoning. I wonder how big a marketshare the emo/goth community makes up? :)

Also, regarding your App icon. It would be a real shame if Apple didn't have at least some sense of humour about things.

17. cyberbum

Apr 15, 2010
    Programmer
    Canada
    Hmmm hopefully not too much, or else I've just insulted them all. Let's go for the grandma then! I don't recall seeing a drunk guy getting the boot in all those icons? That would possibly be more recognizable? Just a thought.

About my appicon, the only solace I have is Apple has already approved a game called "Ow My Balls". And this is not just a spin, the game is literally having to drop a guy on his balls repeated as he falls down.

Yeah, I can't believe that passed, but it did.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ow-my-balls/id306241251?mt=8

So my game is actually about sports balls, but my icon is a bit risque. Hopefully that combo is better:p

18. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Holy cow. The Romeros looks amazing!

19. cyberbum

Apr 15, 2010
    Programmer
    Canada
    #39 cyberbum, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
    WOW! The Romeros is really slick art, I really love the style. It's cartoony but still different from most art I've seen, hard to describe, but I dig it:)

20. Wow. I guess that there, that's the line. It's good to know how far you can push these things (and that a game about a dude getting hit in the balls can sell so much).

I think an eye-catching icon is really undervalued by developers sometimes and can help push a game over the line. Yours definitely catches the eye! :)

And thanks for the comments about the Romeros pic. We'll probably have an announcement about that early next week.