Bouncer Boot Out Coming Soon From 5th World!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 5th World, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Wow! It feels like forever since we've been by the boards and it's really awesome to see the love for Bouncer Boot Out is still there :) We really can't wait to get it to you all!

We'll be back tomorrow with some belated Christmas presents!...and prizes.

Also, we hope you all had an awesome and safe Christmas and that your New Year's Eve is without booting out :p

2. Zap

Zap Member

Dec 23, 2010
    looking forward to Bouncer Boot Out

Hi All, i just wanted to wish everyone a safe and fun holiday. 2010 has be a year of dissing highs and harrowing lows. I hope 2011 is a good year for everyone.

I know my first high for 2011 will be playing Bouncer Boot Out, Yeah!!

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Happy Holidays to you too!:cool:

4. We're getting pretty excited about Bouncer Boot Out coming out January 10th. A few promocodes have been sent out to competition winners and a select few others so we can't wait to hear your feedback on the game. Feel free to start letting us know your thoughts before the release.

It seems like forever ago we started this thing, it's great to see it finally about to hit the virtual shelves. And this is only the start, our next title, HogTide, should be out in a little under two months. So keep watching these forums for some announcements on that really soon!

And, as always, if you have a few minutes to kill online, why not slay some Astro-Zombies with the power of rock n roll music as a Romero!

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    As one who was lucky enough to get into the club before the grand opening, let me assure you the game ROCKS HARD!

The gameplay is immediately simple to grasp but not always easy to do once things start going fast.

You are a bouncer and are tasked with ensuring undesirables don't make it into the club. Life as a bouncer is never easy as the club owners will only allow you three strikes before you yourself get booted. Your bouncer can get a strike if he lets an undesirable into the club, accidentally boots one of the club's regulars, or have the GAME ENDED INSTANTLY if you let a little kid into the club!

When you see an undesirable in line simply flick them up to have them booted out for a single point. The game's big points come by way of grouping a bunch of undesirables into a single clump before booting them (the number of idiots in the group squared...so 2 twits is 4, but 4 idiots would net you 16!). When you flick any patron right or left you'll make them swap spaces in line. Ideally you then can swap spaces so as to swap spots with the regular patrons to make a solid line of scumsters. If you try to swap spots between two twits the game will instead group them together for an easy single boot (so be careful to have all of your party crashers next each other before you group them as once the group is formed you can't add to it).

The game has two modes of play, Timed and Survival. In Timed you have 90 seconds or three strikes (whichever comes first) to get as many desirables into the club while booting out all of the riffraff. As the game goes on the line starts moving quicker and quicker through the entrance. This is sort of like the game's career mode and has working on a big cumulative score between sessions. Once you earn enough you'll open new clubs with a different mix of patrons and not-gonna-happens (and is likely to be a little faster and more challenging than the last). You can earn this cumulative score in any of the clubs you have access to so, if you really wanted, you could just stick to the first club the entire time if that is what you prefer.

The Survival mode is initially locked and only allows you to play clubs you have unlocked so far in Timed play. Survival is more the standard untimed 3 strikes game you try to keep going as long as possible to achieve a highscore (each run is counted separately and the game even tracks your best local score in each club).

One aspect of the game that will take a little trial and error is correctly remembering who is considered hip and not for each club (at the start of the level the game will point out each of the undesirables the first time they show up in line but then you're on your own). While many of the undesirables might seem pretty obvious like the smelly hobo or the undershirt wearing hillbilly, you also have to keep out the seemingly well dressed grandma. I also got penalized a few times for trying to keep out a clearly tweaked out coke wh*re only then to realize, NO, that's the game's Lindsay Lohan equivalent and she is allowed in the club. :eek:

Good simple pickup and play fun with great animation and style
    5/5

6. Thanks heaps for the amazing review!...sorry I truncated it in the quote but it was HUGE! :) I'm really glad you loved the game so much and it really makes the past few months of hard work really worth it!

7. Its now only 3 days till the release of Bouncer Boot Out to the real world outside our 5th World.
    Thanks to everyone who has been there threw the development and offered feedback and assistance, we know that you will all enjoy the game.
    Keep your eyes peeled for our thread in the 'Released Games' forum and give us your feedback so we know what you guys would like to see in future updates.

Its nearly time to polish your shoes and start booting some bad guys.

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Or make sure you have a well put together outfit so you aren't booted yourself!

9. cyberbum

cyberbum Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Programmer
    Canada
    Woo time to get the Boot on! Can't wait to see this game:)

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, I'm glad this is finally coming out! Could've sworn I remember seeing that it was gonna be the 5th, but in any event can't wait to play it! Was following this for some time! I remember the contest regarding the shoe style.

11. Zap

Zap Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Only 2 days to go, till Bouncer Boot Out, is out and booting. I am so excited......

12. Ahh...the sweet, distant memories of shoe contests :) I can say, with no bias whatsoever, that Bouncer Boot Out will be totally worth the wait :)

Thanks heaps for the support during the dev period! One day now! Wooh! Could I be more excited?!

13. Zap

Zap Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Thanks to everyone, it has been a long road to get this far. But it has been a fun journey.
    Tomorrow we start a new adventure, when Bouncer Boot Out goes on sale.

14. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

How come there's no NZ thread? It's out there; I just checked. Where are you IMNS? ;)