iPad Bounce Trap Tilt - UPDATE

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PlayScreen, Feb 3, 2009.

1. PlayScreen

PlayScreen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    A new version has been submitted to Apple. It added a new power-up, Re-Launch, that captures a ball and allows you to send it out in any direction.

Also, you can no longer 'trap' a ball above the release line. Thanks to everyone who caught that issue.

I suspect it will be live in a day or so.

More updates will be coming. I want to give the user control over the accelerometer sensitivity for one. And we want a new high score system eventually.

2. jkonkel29

jkonkel29 Member

Dec 31, 2008

Alright cool i can't wait!

3. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    Here's an example of the Relaunch powerup. A ball has been captured and now can be released in any direction:

[​IMG]

4. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    You'll see the update tomorrow. It has been approved.

5. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Hmm, I just got it right now...

6. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Update is showing up in the US store now. :D

7. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    Please let me know what you think.

Also, we're open to good ideas for PowerUps. As you can see with 'Relaunch', these really add to the fun of the game.

8. Donburns99

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    #8 Donburns99, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
    I'm not quite sure what the Relaunch power-up is doing.

I understand an arrow spins and when you tap the screen, whichever direction the arrow is pointing in is the direction the ball will be launched.

But, the relaunch is only happening on empty slots, when I tap the screen nothing happens, the arrow just disappears. I've yet to see a "Relaunch" happen on a slot that has a ball in it.

At first I thought maybe it just teleported the ball to a slot in that direction, instead of showing the ball traveling, but then I noticed it only happens on empty slots.

I then counted the balls currently on the field at the beginning of a level (8 balls at the time) and saw a Relaunch happen in the middle of the screen. At that point the only balls were in the top rows. I clicked the screen and the Relaunch went away, yet there were still 8 balls on the screen and none of them moved.

If it doesn't add a ball to the slot it activates on and only seems to activate on empty slots.. I'm at a loss of what this actually does. :confused:

Update
    Here's an example, the Relaunch activated in an area where a ball couldn't have yet gotten to.

[​IMG]

9. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    My biggest gripe is that when you get a speed bonus, you are not allowed any other bonuses. For the speed bonus to be a real bonus and not a penalty, other bonuses should be allow so that the speed bonus allows a greater chance to hit them (due to having multiple balls out).

There have been times I have been aiming for other bonuses (which I REALLY needed as I did not have enough balls to finish the level) and then BOOM speed bonus, and I have not chance in you know what of getting any extra balls to finish a level, as for the next 4 balls there is no possibilty of getting a bonus ball.

I hope there is a way to fix this as it makes later levels near impossible...

10. Donburns99

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Strangely enough, I asked that yesterday myself.

It is a negative power-up, so it nullifies other bonuses.

11. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Oh, so it is a penalty. Thanks for clearing that up.

It does make the game a lot harder than it should be, though.

12. Donburns99

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Yea, that's why I ended up asking. The more I played, the less and less it seemed like an actual bonus, as it's a lot harder controlling 4 balls than it is controlling 1.

I do however like it being called a "bonus", as it keeps the game positive. If they went and called it Speed Penalty, I'd be kicking myself whenever it happened.

On an unrelated note, I finally sat down and played a full game through instead of restarting each time I played.

Level 12 finally did me in, that bottom left corner is brutal.

[​IMG]

13. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    My top level:

[​IMG]

14. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    We are CONSIDERING a big contest. See who can get to a specific level first. Start it at $X and add to the pot every day up to .... say $1000.00.

Does that sound interesting?

Note: Photoshop editing won't work in this case.