iPad Bounce On World 2 Documentary and Preview

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jonaswills, Jan 8, 2009.

1. jonaswills

jonaswills Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Colorado
    Hey everyone... we just couldn't find any screenshots that do justice to Bounce On, so we made a movie AND we included a short talk with some of the developers. First half is the developers, second half is world 2 game play. Hope you like it!

We are also uploading old documentary videos to our Youtube channel of our first game, Electropy, for anyone who might be interested. These movies give a good idea of what a small start up game dev company is like. I'm working on an article right now going more into detail about this.

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Not home right now, but thanks in advance for going the extra mile for us. I will check out the vids when I get home.

3. defaude

defaude Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    This will be included in an update of the original first game or released as an own game?

4. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    #4 Master Shake, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
    They said in the video it will be an update. Looks great. I'm glad I just got the game yesterday.

5. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

That looks great. I can't wait for the update. Keep up the great work!

6. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    It will be a free upgrade to those who have the game, but it will make the game more expensive for those who are going to purchase it when the update is released.
    I'm not sure what to do, the first world doesn't look so interesting, the video of that gameplay makes me think "I shouldn't get it."
    The second one looks nicer though.

7. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Wow, the new world looks great. I am very excited. I am glad you are adding more powerups as well. Is that the only new powerup for this world or are you adding more?

Do you have know when you will be releasing the update? Not looking for anything specific but a week from now? Two weeks?

Also, are you going to have to beat world one to get to world two? I haven't been able to beat all the red levels.

Keep up the great work. Since I have purchased Bounce On it has been my most played game and the new world looks amazing.

8. jonaswills

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Colorado
    The magnet ball is the only new powerup in World 2. We spent a lot of time adding some new level mechanics such as moving platforms and seesaws which really add to the fun.

Release time... we hope to be submitting to apple sometime next week(probably end of next week), but can't make any promises.

You only have to make it to the door to get from world 1 to world 2, so you can take the easier paths and make it to the door. We'll continue this throughout the game so there will always be easy and hard paths.

Question for you all... do you like the updates from the developers in the video, or would you prefer just a gameplay video?

9. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I liked both.

10. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Yeah, both. :) Not that much developers share how they work and transparency is valuable for people who don't just buy because of a game but also because of the developer. :)

11. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA

This looks amazing, you guys will surely see this type of "inclusive" development pay off, I'm sure. Much appreciated including us, the players in your process.

I am happy about the appearantly more complex enemies. Also, world 2 looks alot more fast paced. Longer drops etc.. are a welcome addition. Also like the part of that level where there are 3 platforms on axis, looks like the levels will offer faster, smoother and more complex challenges.

Anyone who hasn't purchased this well polished title, Bounce On, you should consider purchasing now as I'm guessing with all the time, work, and money these guys are putting forth the price may be rising to reflect that.

Thanks TP for a wonderful gaming experience!:)

12. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Woah. Are these guys the same developers of bounce on for the n-gage? That game was amazing. Now it's been implemented for the Nokia 5800 (which shares a touchscreen). Any hope of that coming to the ipotch?

13. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    GREAT, GREAT, GREAT video guys, it's really nice to see the team behind the scenes, and the new world looks AWESOME.

14. jonaswills

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Colorado
    no. we never even heard of it till people started mentioning it. the game on the nokia is just called "bounce"

15. Wulfsige

Wulfsige Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Wow I just bought this game not that long ago and im glad I did. World 2 looks great and I can't wait for World 3+ if you plan on continuing the game. Great game!

16. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I love this game and the second world looks great - cant wait to play the update- Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

17. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    #17 DanM, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
    Cool video, like that one half was behind the scenes and other was game.

Will you guys be doing a world 3?

EDIT: Can I suggest something about the icon on my iPod? A bit of the top part of the blue guys head is cut off by the border, maybe you could make the border thinner. Or even better, have no border? That would look cool.
    [​IMG]

18. ogindahood

ogindahood Active Member

Dec 26, 2008
    MLG 09
    this game is the best!!!!!!!!! i love it

keep it up

19. jonaswills

Nov 11, 2008
    Game Developer
    Colorado
    Yes there will be world 3!

We'll take a look at the icon, thanks!

20. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I still think a Tower Defense world would be cool... anyways... that world looks nice... but the game is looking more and more like sonic... Your first and second worlds have the same theme as in sonic...